• Shoutbox
    Active Users: 0

• Notice: N/A
    NFLfans processing...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Next site mock

Next site mock

Will be next weekend the 6th and 7th. WIll be 5 rounds, no trades. Phred will post the board sometime this week. Please post your thoughts here. Thanks

Didn't get any feedback from you all so posting the board I gave Phred in case for some reason I can't connect this weekend for the next site mock. See below:

Here is my prelim board for the Vikings. Will work on the Pats right after.

Vikings needs are not much changed, just a little less pressure to draft WR with the signing of Jennings, but we should still draft at least one, if not two. The same applies to linebacker and DT. Likewise need CB with the loss of Winfield,. I’d place the needs now in the following order.

1. MLB
    2. WR
    3. DT
    4. CB
    5. OLB

Basis the board you put together here is my board…note like to stay BPA to extend possible, but we should not draft QB, TE, RB in any case…and avoid DE unless the value is too good to pass up. We could take safety if BPA, and ditto offensive line, but OL is not a need. We have everybody back from a line which did ok protecting the QB, and was very good blocking for the run.

#23 and #25-Ogletree, Allen, Jessie Williams, Rhodes, Hopkins, Sylvester Williams, Te’o, Trufant, Hankins, Vaccaro

#52-Brown, Minter, Hunter, Woods, Jamar Taylor, Terrance Williams, Elam, Reid, Jenkins, Cyprien, Greene

#83-Patton, Slay, Moore, Amerson, Wheaton, Brandon Williams, Swope, Wreh-Wilson, Rogers,

#102-Dobson, Ben Logan, Logan Ryan, Swearinger, Alonso, Swearinger, Spence, Stedman Bailey, Reddick,

#120-Stills, McDonald, Hamilton, Brennan Williams, McFadden,

#155-Hughes, Bostic, Webb, Goodwin, Alvin Bailey, Jefferson, Hodges, Nico Johnson, Geathers, Thornton, Mauti,

Ok if we end up with two WRs, two linebackers, two DTs, and two DBs, even two CBs if the value is there. Otherwise should not be more than one safety or one offensive linemen.

Thanks Phred, anyway I hope to be on-line for this.

Ok, the first day is finished.

In the 1st round got:
    #23 WR Keenan Allen
    #25 DT Hankins

In the 2nd:
    #52 WR Hunter...I was planning on taking LB Greene, but Hunter fell and the value was too good to pass up. GBN posted an article in the last couple of days saying he was the overall #1 ranked WR (it's posted somewhere here, I know because I did it). So just to much value to pass this late in the draft.

All the corners I liked got lifted before I was on the clock, so I took DJ Swearinger. Maybe I should have take Shawn Williams from Georgia, who went shortly after. But Swearinger I think is a good value, his 40 time the same as Vaccaro. Really didn't like how the guys I was targeting got taken before our chance. but played out ok I think.

3 more picks tomorrow. Still need to address LB, CB, and even OG if the value is there.

Well done. I would be pretty happy with this draft.
    On a side note, I think I would be happier with S. Williams for the first pick (DT)
    and then a Cb in the first. I like the later rounds.

As someone stated. A first rounder should stand out and i'm not sure if Allen Stands out or Hankins for that matter.

Not too shabby.
    Really like the Hunter pick. Allen in rd 1 is solid. He will be a very solid pro.
    Hankins could be a real solid player.
    Swearinger would give us 2 ball hawking rip your head off type of safeties.

Solid but unspectacular in my opinion. But, that may be exactly what we need.
    I am assuming that none of the elite talents and likeyou said all of your targets lept getting snatched up rightin front of you.

And to round out the balance...happy I got all the guys I targeted

#102-MLB Kevin Reddick

#122-CB B.W. Webb

#155-OLB Gerald Hodges

So we got two WRs, two LBs, a DT, a CB, and a FS.

Quote Originally Posted by twelveletter View Post
    Well done. I would be pretty happy with this draft.
    On a side note, I think I would be happier with S. Williams for the first pick (DT)
    and then a Cb in the first. I like the later rounds.

As someone stated. A first rounder should stand out and i'm not sure if Allen Stands out or Hankins for that matter.
    Fair point twelveletter. Must admit I wasn't excited about either 1st round pick. But when you looked the values of not only Phred's board, but GBN, Draftcountdown, and the consensus...for whatever reason, Hankins consistently is ranked the top 3 or 4th DT, whereas S. Williams shows up more like 5 or even 7th. Jessie Williams, whom I like better, shows up almost always higher than Sylvester.

Ditto on Allen, he was a consensus 20th overall pick, at one point he was the top ranked WR in the draft until Patterson and Austin put up impressive times at the combine.

I was tempted take Jessie first and the Hopkins after, but I couldn't rationalize the value drop. Especially when many don't expect Allen to be there when we are on the clock.

Ditto for the Hunter pick. I was targeting LB Greene, but when Hunter was still there I couldn't pass on either the value or the talent.

in the 3rd round is where I struggled. Here all the CBs and linebackers I was targeting got lifted before me. And I got briefly disconnected so I was on the clock faster than I expected. I reached a bit with Swearinger, and was kicking myself maybe I could have done better here. But I certainly would have taken him early in the 4th round. In retrospect, had I taken Greene instead of Hunter, I could have take D. Rogers here as he fell that far. But, I would still rather have Reddick (whom I got early in the 4th round) and Hunter than Greene/Rogers.

4th round I took Reddick. For me that was easy, I had him targeted, he was the 4th best MLB on almost all sites, we need MLB, and he was certainly best value here.

Then I took Webb at #120, consensus had him at #113, GBN had him 100th overall, and DC had him #91. He looked good during Senior Bowl week, and he did well at the combine. He likewise I had targeted at this spot, so I was really happy he was still there. And certainly fills a need.

Finally, at #155 I went with Hodges. I wanted either another CB, but Hayden was gone. I liked Hughes as another DT, but he was gone. Couple of OG/OTs i liked were taken earlier, Bostic was gone, Gooden and Collins were taken. Hodges was ranked on this site #137, consensus was #136, Draftcountdown had him #93 overall, GBN had him #145. So don't feel it was reach here and we are thin at linebacker even with the resigning of Henderson.

So, to recap

#23-WR Allen
    #25-DT Hankins
    #52-WR Hunter
    #83-FS Swearinger
    #102-MLB Reddick
    #120-CB B.W. Webb
    #155-OLB Hodges

If in reality this is how the Vikings draft, I'd feel pretty good about it. I think the prospects are solid, and in general the needs were addressed pretty well. Appreciate your feedback.

When looking at the whole, it was a pretty solid draft.
    I think you have added starters in Hankins, Hunter, Reddick, Swearinger
    Depth in Allen, Webb, and Hodges.

Good draft, unspectacular IMO, but not sure how it could have been more exciting. I think with the first 2 I lost excitement, but really like what you did from there on !

Really if played out like this hope that Spielman is able to trade down in the first and accumulate additional 2nd and 3rd rd picks, where I believe the real value in this draft lies !

[QUOTE=IIsweet;415097]When looking at the whole, it was a pretty solid draft.
    I think you have added starters in Hankins, Hunter, Reddick, Swearinger
    Depth in Allen, Webb, and Hodges.

Good draft, unspectacular IMO, but not sure how it could have been more exciting. I think with the first 2 I lost excitement, but really like what you did from there on !

Really if played out like this hope that Spielman is able to trade down in the first and accumulate additional 2nd and 3rd rd picks, where I believe the real value in this draft lies ![/QUOTE

I hope for that as well Iisweet, really hope some of the guys who pass on QBs in the first 10 picks trade back up into the 20-25 range to then get Barkley or Manuel or both. That would play right into our hands.

FWIW, I could see both Allen (assuming he is healthy) and Hunter being starters on the outside, and Jennings working from the slot. I think Allen will be good if he's 100%. I assumed for purposes of this draft he will be completely healthy. If otherwise, then I would have taken Hopkins instead...

Coach in Training
    Seems like a solid draft. We addressed a lot of needs. I really doubt it will work out where BPA falls in order of our need list so we can't really nitpick much for who goes where. I'd say this is about what we need to do. Versatile WR, a MLB that can hopefully start (that could get rough otherwise unless if later cuts don't happen to be fruitful), a quality DT, and otherwise depth at needy spots.