Thread: Where's the dissent?

Hybrid View

Head Coach Material

Where's the dissent?

I was a kid when all those hippies went crazy in the '60's. Those people are revolutionaries and almost in today's standard, terrorists. Funny that some of them are ruling in Washington now.

Been scanning boards and people are accepting the crown rule like it's nothing. But not this guy,...

Some of the best views on what's happening with all the recent rule changes in the NFL comes from political venues. Even that bellowing bastard Rush Limbaugh got it right today. My conservative brother sent me the text.

When I learned that the vote by ownership was 31-1, well, personally I have a whole lot of respect for the Bengals than I did before today.

The owners cowered when Maurice Smith made his threats. Apparently there's a shift of power from the owners to the player's union and of course the commish. In the old days the owners set the rules, NO MORE!

Funny thing my first thought was why wear helmets at all? Yeah silly but believe it or not as teenagers we'd play tackle football with no pads or helmets. And it was as physical as anything. Bloody elbows, tearing shirts off making tackles it was FUN!

Bunch of damn pussies.

And anyone who has played football got a ringing in your ear from a hit and act like you're okay so they won't take you out. And you are okay after a play to get you back to reality.

What pisses me off is myself and friends have invested thousands through the years on season tickets, buying their hats, shirts and the Falcons when they've been a physical team usually does well.

I could go on and on about this horse****. How does a runner outside the tackles and downfield protect himself now? This **** is ridiculous.

Interesting he mentioned Maurice Smith.

My Sundays last year were great because I gave up on this circus now known as the n....f....l!

Just like our political body in Washington, there has been this knee jerk reaction to impending lawsuits. Could really care less about the gun laws but what idiot alive thinks that the people committing these crimes are going to worry with a back ground check.

The move that has been banned now by the owners was, as anyone who ever ran the ball knows that drive keeps YOU safe, keeps you from getting hurt, now you have to stay upright for a DB to hit you full force. It's idiotic............

If I have absolutely nothing to do, and there is a game on and I cannot find anything to watch out my 300 channels, I'll watch Ringmaster brothers Circus.AKA the N F L.:byex:
    Since light travels faster than sound, some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

Head Coach Material
    You called IT! It's all about litigation. Money. In the desguise of acting like they are concerned for player safety, they are gaining more control and attempting to write their legacy. Goodell is a scum bag lawyer, son of a Republican politician who was crooked as Hell. Google it. It's all there.

Just like in politics, the NFL has to recruit fans,...*young* fans and they have done so. Another thing they've done similar to liberal means is to place a wedge between say, High School football players and their parents. The parents are forced to go through some other bull**** like sitting in a class room learning about concussions at 7:30 at night, oh yeah, if their kid is playing football. Dads that played the game don't get this crap, nor do I, but the kids have been indoctrinated to pffffft! How about leading with your pelvis? Maybe how about kicking the **** out of the defender until they ban that? I always loved to use my forearm on the sides of helmets when I ran the ball. **** a bunch of stiff arming,...blast the dude's helmet in the ear hole, he'll fall away.

They are ruining our last pure professional sport.

You sound as if there is still hope these megalomaniacs that want that immortality have not already ruined it.

The protection the running back had was to lower his head, so when a running back gets hurt permanently, he should sue Goodell and the 31 who voted this idiotic rule in.

Is their intent to minimize the positions that will be able to sue? Because the fallacy of player safety is awful transparent to ANYONE with common sense and have played this great game.
    Since light travels faster than sound, some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

Head Coach Material
    Not sure what to think anymore. There's NFL players dancing on the telly now,...too bad we couldn't watch Vick at a dog fighting match. There's so many talking heads now and most of them are nothing less than homeys. That former Patriot HATES the Falcons. Looking at his jaw and mandible this joker could put a whole cornish hen in his mouth and pull nothing out but bones. Can't remember his name but he's a Patriot and he flashes he rings and **** like that.

Yes, I can see that. A running back in 2015, forced to NEVER lower his head, gets his adam's apple busted up cause he couldn't lower his head or be fined, suspended. So when his neck gets broken he has a case and that would be absolute justice. To turn around this lawyer bull**** on Goodell,...hell, I predict it happens.

You set a prescedent and will bite you every time, and that is what he has set the league up for to dance around later.

The league has many lawyers on staff and I can't believe this their solution, this will do nothing more in the courts eyes than to show that NOW player safety seems important, now it has top priority.