• Shoutbox
    Active Users: 0

• Notice: N/A
    NFLfans processing...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Now that the comp picks are out...

Season Tickets, First Deck
    That might be a place where you take a chance on Tyrann Mathieu from LSU if he's still around. His talent is certainly better than #120, but because of the issues no one else might want to take that chance. With the Vikings having the extra picks maybe they can afford to take that risk.

Quote Originally Posted by ovike View Post
    That might be a place where you take a chance on Tyrann Mathieu from LSU if he's still around. His talent is certainly better than #120, but because of the issues no one else might want to take that chance. With the Vikings having the extra picks maybe they can afford to take that risk.

Interesting thought ovike, certainly I hadn't thought about him. Maybe...anybody else have a view?

From what I heard, he did pretty well at the combine, but I don't know how his interviews went. Did the Vikes talk to him?

Thought that I read that he recognized his collegiate immaturity but is saying the right things and has learned from this.
    Pretty good coaching maybe?
    Matthieu is a decent talent, very small, but was successful in the LSU 4-2-5 defense.
    Not sure how that will translate to the NFL.

You think he would drop that far? If he does heck yes I would pull the trigger. He is super physical tackles amazing and is great in coverage the total package imo. But may be the next Demetrius Underwood lol

What I like about him is he is a ball hawk, something we need more of in our secondary. What I don't know is what is his natural position, he seems to small for safety, and not a natural CB. Not sure where you would play him.

I think he would fit nicely covering the slot. Usually the slot receivers are a little smaller and quicker. He might be a nice replacement for Winfield if he turns out to be a good tackler.