• Shoutbox
    Active Users: 0

• Notice: N/A
    NFLfans processing...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Now that the comp picks are out...

Now that the comp picks are out...

We have...

#23, 25, 52, 83, 102, 120, 155, 189, 213, 229, and 231.

As we've discussed before I'm sure Spielman will trade a couple of these picks into next year, though I doubt it happens before the last day of the draft (unless someone really wants someone, and we're fortunate enough to be the trade partner).

It will be a fun draft for us!

I suspect with 11 picks Spielman will be actively trying to trade our 5th round pick into 2014 for 4th rounder, he'll do the same with our 6th rounder (for a 2014 5th rounder), and likely try to move our two late 7th round picks into 2014's 6th round).

We'll have to see how much success he will have.

I don't think he'll trade our 6 picks in the first 4 rounds (with the exception if he can get a 2014 3rd rounder for our own 4th round selection).

But I do expect us to be aggressive in moving around.

Celebrating in the 1st Deck
    I can see him using some of our 5th through 7th round picks to move a 4th round pick up into the 3rd round if a player they like falls to within reach of doing that for.
    All he does is catch TOUCHDOWNS!!!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Carter80 View Post
    I can see him using some of our 5th through 7th round picks to move a 4th round pick up into the 3rd round if a player they like falls to within reach of doing that for.
    That would make sense Carter, since unlikely 11 rookies will make the team.

So, using the GBN boards...here is what I'd do....

#23-if, per GBN's board, we'd have to take DT Lotulelei...assuming he checks out medically. But if he does, unlikely he'll still be available that late. But let's just say...

#25-We trade down 6-8 spots and take WR Hunter with our next pick. We then turn around and ship those picks we just acquired to the next guy drafting and move up our 2nd round pick (#52) and take WR Hopkins.

#83-We take MLB Reddick

#102-We take CB Webb

#120-We trade it for a 3rd round pick in 2014

#155-We take linebacker AJ Klein

#189-We trade it for a 5th round pick in 2014.

#213-OT Braden Brown or OG Braden Hansen

#229-WR Aaron Melette

#231-We trade this pick for a 6th round pick in 2014.

certainly if you don't like it, say so....

please....please...:lolflag:

Season Tickets, First Deck
    I think that's an awesome draft Red. I might hold on to pick #120 and use it this year since the draft is so deep. Other than that I've got no arguments.

Quote Originally Posted by ovike View Post
    I think that's an awesome draft Red. I might hold on to pick #120 and use it this year since the draft is so deep. Other than that I've got no arguments.
    I agree Ovike, my preference was to use it, but I didn't really see anyone either side of 120th that I really cared for. Maybe CB McFadden, but I've heard mixed reviews on him. Who would you go after?