• Shoutbox
    Active Users: 0

• Notice: N/A
    NFLfans processing...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: WR Jennings agrees to terms

I'd trade down to get more picks, but I wouldn't trade them into next year unless that was a better deal. I'd love to see us actively moving down early, and maybe up later on. Then landing WRs Hopkins and Hunter, LBs Riddeck or Klein and Greene or Brown or Moore, DT Bernie Logan or Hughes, and CB Darius Slay or Amerson.

If we walk away with couple WRs, couple linebackers, a DT and CB in the early rounds, we'll be doing well.

Coach in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by RedMcCombs View Post
    They are high MN, but I think they plan to structure it in such a way where they take the bulk of the gteed bonus money up front, so cap impact after year 2 will be non-existent. Jennings will have high salaries in years 4+5, which will beg for a restructuring or he will be released.

For me it's really a 3 year, $27-28myn deal...I am concerned that next year Allen, Griffen, Robison are all free agents, I believe Ponder is in his last year on his contract, K.Williams will have a high cap number...so while we can easily handle Jennings cap number this year...next year with our FAs, it could be a challenge.

We'll know more once we see the structure of the deal.
    I think Robison has one year more than the other two but, I could be wrong. Either way, I assume the team will heavily work on an extension for one of them. It would be a huge mistake to not prioritize that.

As much as I don't like to admit it, being a huge Jared Allen fan, he might wind up being an odd man out. I know they like their rotation but, Griffen is actually going to command a bit of money if he keeps his level of play up. He'd have done more to show his worth than Robison did at that point. Maybe both will come to cap friendly terms but who knows at this point.

They are high MN, but I think they plan to structure it in such a way where they take the bulk of the gteed bonus money up front, so cap impact after year 2 will be non-existent. Jennings will have high salaries in years 4+5, which will beg for a restructuring or he will be released.

For me it's really a 3 year, $27-28myn deal...I am concerned that next year Allen, Griffen, Robison are all free agents, I believe Ponder is in his last year on his contract, K.Williams will have a high cap number...so while we can easily handle Jennings cap number this year...next year with our FAs, it could be a challenge.

We'll know more once we see the structure of the deal.
    Thanks Red, Williams coming off the books or restructuring will help. Griffen is a must to resign, although I like Robison...I wouldn't overspend on him. Ponder, good luck, I am really interested in MBT and see what he brings. I believe he could be a hidden gem.

Celebrating in the 1st Deck
    More early round picks this year would be welcomed too. Or a mix of this draft and 2014
    All he does is catch TOUCHDOWNS!!!!!!!!!!

I definitely want CB Blidi Wreh-Wilson. Love that name!!

Quote Originally Posted by drunknmunky127 View Post
    I think Robison has one year more than the other two but, I could be wrong. Either way, I assume the team will heavily work on an extension for one of them. It would be a huge mistake to not prioritize that.

As much as I don't like to admit it, being a huge Jared Allen fan, he might wind up being an odd man out. I know they like their rotation but, Griffen is actually going to command a bit of money if he keeps his level of play up. He'd have done more to show his worth than Robison did at that point. Maybe both will come to cap friendly terms but who knows at this point.
    I'm almost sure all 3 DEs are in their last year. Anyone else know for sure?

Coach in Training
    I'm almost sure all 3 DEs are in their last year. Anyone else know for sure?
    I just looked it up. You were right. Not sure what I was thinking there.