Active Users: 0

• Notice: N/A
    NFLfans processing...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: WR Jennings agrees to terms

WR Jennings agrees to terms

Per Adam Schefter.

Celebrating in the 2nd Deck
    I can't wait to see what the numbers are... I really like what the Vikes have done so far. Now lets get a couple of veteran corners and head for the draft!

AWESOME!!! I dont really care what they paid. He has good hands and runs good routes. WE NEED a proven guy with the loss of the cranky headcase.
    Nice to have a "we" guy instead of a "me" guy.

Coach in Training
    Good news! Hopefully he's healthy.

Coach in Training
    I've found 5 years on the deal but no money figures.

Per ESPN's Josina Anderson on the Twitter, the deal is a five-year, $47.5 million contract with approximately $18 million guaranteed.

Bro got paid!!!

Celebrating in the 2nd Deck
    ESPN says the contract pays out a minimum of 27 million in the first 3 years, and up to 31.5 million if he makes the Pro Bowl in each of those years. 9 mil per year if he's good, 10 mil per year if he's great. I love the deal. With only 18 million guaranteed, this is a win for the Vikes.

Coach in Training
    That's a great deal. $12 mill was a bit risky considering we are likely going to have to pay a QB by the time that contract is up but, $9 mill per works well with what we got.

Think the key is the $18myn gteed, which the bulk will most likey be structured so it disappears after the first two years, after that will depend upon how he is producing and whether they restructure. And Spielman has shown in can make those tough decisions.

Coach in Training
    Sorry, but I need a place to vent. I'm loving the fact that I get to listen to all of the Packer fans turn on Jennings. My facebook is blowing up with sensationalist media of the order of political propoganda. Titles like "who can blame Jennings for chasing the money?". Of course, I'm the jerk that goes and points out that he actually signed here for less than what the Packers offered him to stay.

My roommate, a consummate Packers fan, actually tried to tell me that he'd essentially struggle to succeed simply because he's changing teams. I point out that he was the best route runner and most versatile receiver in their core and he doesn't really have anything to say. I love it. He's leaving the Packers. Clearly he must be the worst player on their roster. Why would he leave otherwise?

I'm almost embarrassed to say, I'm getting more enjoyment out of watching Packers fans being butt-hurt on facebook than I am from actually signing Greg Jennings. Then again, I've spent most of my time since birth in the land of the Packers so maybe I'm just a bit jaded.