Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: NT Garay agrees to one-year deal

Garay is a really good NT and strong as they come, another really good signing in my view.

I like what Idzik is doing, some really good under the radar additions on the cheap.

The only move I didn't like was Garrard, I at least would have waited to see who shook loose in free agency, but the rest of the moves this week, I like them all.

I really like our depth at the NT position now:

Kenrick Ellis
    Antonio Garay
    Damon Harrison

I like Pouha, good player, but I think we upgraded with Garay, as good a run stuffer, better pass rusher.

Agreed on Idzik.

Quote Originally Posted by Green Jets & Ham View Post
    Garay is a really good NT and strong as they come, another really good signing in my view.

I like what Idzik is doing, some really good under the radar additions on the cheap.

The only move I didn't like was Garrard, I at least would have waited to see who shook loose in free agency, but the rest of the moves this week, I like them all.

Kenrick Ellis
    Antonio Garay
    Damon Harrison

I like Pouha, good player, but I think we upgraded with Garay.

It looks like he's following a very smart plan. Of course I think it's smart because it's what myself & others have discussed here. Under the radar signings as you mentioned, but equally important is that every move so far hasn't impacted the comp picks we will get next year. If we get the max 4 comp picks we will be looking at 11 total picks in 2014. And maybe more for Revis. We can do some damage with those.

He seems to have a long range plan in mind which is also making me think that that might include having cap room left over this year that he can roll into 2014 when he'll have a pretty good idea of strangths & weaknesses of the team.

And as I mentioned in another thread I love his handling of the press so far.

As to Garay, I don't know that he's an upgrade over Po'uha or not, but I have to believe he is cheaper.

Quote Originally Posted by ret2ski View Post

As to Garay, I don't know that he's an upgrade over Po'uha or not, but I have to believe he is cheaper.
    We had him on our PS a few years ago, losing him was a big mistake, he went to SD and graded out as one of the best 3-4 NT's in the league. I remember watching him with SD and thinking, this guy is a beast. He was wrecking havoc that day, the kind of game I never saw Pouha have.

Also if MSG reads this ... he's a member of the tribe

Seriously, his mother is Jewish and I've seen Craig Carton kid him about it, that he's a black Jew, and you could tell him and Carton are friends, they talked about hanging out, and it was actually Carton who broke the story that we signed Garay on his twitter account.

Assistant Coach
    Wow, a colorful guy, but the car has to go!

Quote Originally Posted by ret2ski View Post
    But PFF statistics have pass rush as the best part of his game.

And it appears that he's strictly a DT/NT.
    thanks ret

Quote Originally Posted by Green Jets & Ham View Post

Kenrick Ellis
    Antonio Garay
    Damon Harrison

I like Pouha, good player, but I think we upgraded with Garay, as good a run stuffer, better pass rusher.

Jason has 100,000 as the fixed portion for Garrard we could cut him tomorrow and not even blink....I saw that yesterday but the website has expired today....