NFLfans processing...

Thread: Minnesota Vikings: Jasper Brinkley leaves for Arizona

Minnesota Vikings: Jasper Brinkley leaves for Arizona

Minnesota Vikings: Jasper Brinkley leaves for Arizona
    Associated Press
    Associated Press
    Posted: 03/14/2013 12:01:00 AM CDT
    March 15, 2013 1:49 AM GMTUpdated: 03/14/2013 08:49:16 PM CDT

TEMPE, Ariz. -- The Arizona Cardinals have agreed to a three-year contract with inside linebacker Jasper Brinkley.

Brinkley played for the Vikings the past four seasons, accumulating a career-high 117 tackles in 2012. He had two sacks and three forced fumbles in 15 starts.

Brinkley, a third-round pick out of South Carolina in 2009, could start alongside Arizona's standout Daryl Washington with the probable departure of Paris Lenon in the team's 3-4 alignment.

Brinkley visited the New York Giants on Wednesday, March 13, then came to Arizona on Thursday and decided to sign with the Cardinals.

Brinkley is the sixth free-agent signing for Arizona, seventh if the re-signing of safety Rashad Johnson is included.

Coach in Training
    That's probably a good setup for him. I think playing middle in a 3-4 might be a better fit.

Probaby right Drunky, I like Brinkley but indeed probably a good fit for him. I wish him well.

Now we need to fill this gap. Looking more and more like it will have to come via the draft. The good news, Ogletree probably will be available to us now in the 1st round. We could get him and either Austin or Allen in the first round. That would be a nice start,

Great for Brinkley and us !!!
    He should be competing to start right away.
    With those reps and if he does well, and in a 3-4 I think he does.... he adds a better compensatory draft pick for us.