• Shoutbox
    Active Users: 0
     
  • Notice: N/A
    NFLfans processing...
 
Results 1 to 10 of 10

Thread: Trade with Arizona announced tomorrow?

  1. #1
    Upper Deck, On the Rail
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    187

    Trade with Arizona announced tomorrow?

    Heard from my contact with the Vikings that we are announcing big news Friday. Rumor is a big trade with Arizona. Looks like we might finally be bringing Larry Fitzgerald to Minnesota.

  2. #2
    Coach in Training
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Upper Michigan
    Posts
    4,215
    I would be extatic if we got Fitz.

    I don't know how that would happen though. Combination of not figuring them to give him away and not figuring us to offer enough to pry him away. Would be great if it happened though and this offseason has been the kind of out of nowhere one where anything seems possible.

  3. #3
    For what it's worth, Arizona would take a $15 M bonus acceleration hit on the way out the door. That's a lot to deal with even if it were to be spread between 2013 and 2014. Doesn't preclude a trade, but might cost extra to take into account.

  4. #4
    Well, never say never, but I don't see it happening. The cap implications are huge, and while everyone in MN loves Fritz, he's not young anymore. I don't think it will happen.

    Maybe the Vikings are floating this around to get Jennings to be more reasonable on $$.

  5. #5
    Season Tickets, First Deck
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Chandler, AZ
    Posts
    594
    I am salivating right now if this happens oh my goodness!!!!!!!!!!!

  6. #6
    Upper Deck, On the Rail
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    187
    Quote Originally Posted by RedMcCombs View Post
    Well, never say never, but I don't see it happening. The cap implications are huge, and while everyone in MN loves Fritz, he's not young anymore. I don't think it will happen.

    Maybe the Vikings are floating this around to get Jennings to be more reasonable on $$.
    Red, good point. All I know is Mark Wilf told my friend that a big announcement was going down today. The radio stations in Minny were floating the trade rumor so I put 2 + 2 together. Hopefully it isn't only that we signed Jennings but that could be it. Don't get me wrong I would love Jennings to be signed, I am just hoping that "big news" meant something bigger than that.

    We'll see today......

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by jcholo View Post
    Red, good point. All I know is Mark Wilf told my friend that a big announcement was going down today. The radio stations in Minny were floating the trade rumor so I put 2 + 2 together. Hopefully it isn't only that we signed Jennings but that could be it. Don't get me wrong I would love Jennings to be signed, I am just hoping that "big news" meant something bigger than that.

    We'll see today......
    thanks jcholo, it would indeed be big news, that's for sure. And I hope the announcement Wilf was referring to wasn't Cassel!

    But we will see, maybe it's that the Vikes have offered a deal for Cruz? There has been some chatter about that.

    Please pass my best regards to G$$$

  8. #8
    Well, seems your buddy was getting the early scoop on the Jennings signing. All good.

  9. #9
    Upper Deck, On the Rail
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    187
    Quote Originally Posted by RedMcCombs View Post
    Well, seems your buddy was getting the early scoop on the Jennings signing. All good.
    Yeah, I couldn't get to a computer yesterday but I got a text saying the big news was Jennings and they thought they would have a deal done by the am. Apparently it just took a little longer.

    Its funny how being a fan the term "big news" causes wild speculation on my part but when the president of a club says it he is referring to spending 47M on a player us fans were already thinking was in the bag.

    The source is Mark Wilf's childhood best friend so he can only be cryptic when he passes on word but it is certainly solid info.

    G$$ is doing well and returns the hello. We are both very happy with the way things are going. Amazing as that is for G$.....

  10. #10
    [QUOTE=jcholo;413063]Yeah, I couldn't get to a computer yesterday but I got a text saying the big news was Jennings and they thought they would have a deal done by the am. Apparently it just took a little longer.

    Its funny how being a fan the term "big news" causes wild speculation on my part but when the president of a club says it he is referring to spending 47M on a player us fans were already thinking was in the bag.

    The source is Mark Wilf's childhood best friend so he can only be cryptic when he passes on word but it is certainly solid info.

    G$$ is doing well and returns the hello. We are both very happy with the way things are going. Amazing as that is for G$.....[/QUOTE]

    that was a good one Jcholo. And I agree, I'm pleased with all our FA moves so far. Just hope we can bring Winfield back.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO