Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Jets Apparently Like Josh Allen

Jets Apparently Like Josh Allen

@nfldraftscout: Just heard from a league source that the New York #Jets* love Josh Allen. Wyoming source told me they've done the most work on him.

They've adjusted to guys they MIGHT be able to get. LOL

But hey, this kid is loaded with talent, playing on a sh!t team, sill kinda raw. Bowles can groom him up nice. Bwaaaaahhhhhhhaaaaaa

But seriously, Harbaugh(s) or Gruden or Haley could groom him up nice. hell yeah.

I want Jimbob Cooter

Team Owner
    Of course we do. Darnold?, Goff?, Rudolph?.....

NAH!

Josh Allen!!!!

Only the goddamned Jets.

To be fair I've only seen 2 games of Allen ever. But he looked like DOGSHIT against the upper-tier NCAA teams (Iowa/Oregon). Yes it's a team game, and they don't have a great team obviously....but that kid was totally swimming. And now he's apparently got a busted throwing shoulder and his coaches are trying to rush him back. A quick look at the stats on him show only 3 games with an over 60% average. Obviously you need to watch all the games to see how and why it happened. So don't just blame him for the low % games until that gets looked at obviously. But he failed the eye test from what I've seen from him.

But hey...we beat Cleveland and the Jags and the Fish and the Bills. So Josh Allen it is. WE FUCKING RULE!!!

Another great class....another chance to settle for the next Kenny O. SOFJ.
    J-E-T-S! It's not exactly a passion, it's generally more of a sickness.

FACT: The New York Jets will never win a Super Bowl with Woody Johnson as the owner.

Look, I like Allen's skill set. I like it a lot. He probably has the most upside of all the QBs in this draft. BUT...he also has a very high bust potential and would NOT be my first choice of QBs if everyone comes out. SO, thanks to our useless wins with our 38 year old QB, we will likely have to take the chance on an Allen or Rudolph as oppossed to the "surer thing" (if there is such a thing) in Rosen or Darnold. Maybe if thats how it plays out we get lucky in the end but Id much rather have the choice of any of the QBs then having to settle for my 3rd or 4th choice because we won 6 games instead of 3. THAT is the point and hasd been the point all along!!!!

Team Owner
    There is always going to be a Christian Ponder, Josh Freeman, Patrick Ramsey, Rex Grossman and JP Losman in every deep QB class.
    J-E-T-S! It's not exactly a passion, it's generally more of a sickness.

FACT: The New York Jets will never win a Super Bowl with Woody Johnson as the owner.

Quote Originally Posted by JetsMan57 View Post
    @nfldraftscout: Just heard from a league source that the New York #Jets* love Josh Allen. Wyoming source told me they've done the most work on him.
    Questionable reporting.

How on earth would they know that?

There's always smokescreens pre-draft it looks like for the 2018 draft it's starting waaaaaaaaay early.
    Last edited by ganggreen76; 11-16-2017 at 09:22 PM.

Trade the pick for Andrew Luck if the rumors are true (possibly career ending) Indianapolis could be willing to trade him for one measley first round pick instead of what it'd take to get a healthy Luck.

I don't trust MacCagnan's judgement of QBs coming out in the draft.

I think that's the way to go for the Jets.

Sue they'll get killed by the media for trading for 'damaged goods' eff 'em they never want what's best for the Jets.

Luck could be the ultimate payoff one of the top three best trades in NFL history if it works out.

Quote Originally Posted by MSGold12 View Post
    Look, I like Allen's skill set. I like it a lot. He probably has the most upside of all the QBs in this draft. BUT...he also has a very high bust potential and would NOT be my first choice of QBs if everyone comes out. SO, thanks to our useless wins with our 38 year old QB, we will likely have to take the chance on an Allen or Rudolph as oppossed to the "surer thing" (if there is such a thing) in Rosen or Darnold. Maybe if thats how it plays out we get lucky in the end but Id much rather have the choice of any of the QBs then having to settle for my 3rd or 4th choice because we won 6 games instead of 3. THAT is the point and hasd been the point all along!!!!
    "surer thing" Oh yes, there absolutely IS such a thing when talking 1-2 overall QBs.

Goff, Wentz, Winston, Mariotta, Luck, RG3, Newton, Bradford, Stafford, Russell. Those are all the QBs drafted 1 or 2 overall in the last 10 years.

2 busts - 20% (Russell, RG3)
    2 "solid career starter" - 20% (Bradford, Stafford)
    4 FQBs - 40% (I'm putting Goff and Wentz on this list as anticipated FQBs. Wentz i KNOW. Goff looks like he'll be one too but not a lock)
    2 Possible FQBs with "Solid starter" as the WORST CASE - 20% (Winston, Mariotta)

We talk endlessly of the 10% success rate on 1st round QBs and abysmally less for all QBs 2nd round or lower. Well, these top 2 picks are "succeeding" at 80% if success is being NFL starters for the duration of their careers. And if you say the latest 4 guys all become FQB then that's 60% FQBs!!!!!!

60% odds to land an FQB vs 10% odds to simply find a guy who doesn't bust? yeah, the top 2 picks in the draft are absolutely "surer things"

But man, what a win that was vs the Browns. Epic!!!!! I will remember that win for decades.

Team Owner
    Jets errrrrrrrr Mac was gaga over Hackenberg too