Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Jets blame lack of passion for loss to Bucs on Sunday

Jets blame lack of passion for loss to Bucs on Sunday

Jets blame lack of passion for loss to Bucs on Sunday

Nov 12

After playing their best game of the season against the Bills last Thursday, the Jets looked lethargic in their 15-10 loss to the Bucs on Sunday.
    It didn't look like the same Jets energy that ran all over MetLife Stadium a week prior. Head coach Todd Bowles noticed a lack of spirit to start the game, and it would last until the final whistle.

"You've got to show up every week in this league or you get it handed to you," Bowles told The Post's Brian Costello. "We didn't show up today."

Not showing up was reiterated by his players as well with WR*Robby Anderson*noting the offense didn't have the same rhythm it has had in past weeks.*

"We didn't come out fast," Anderson said. "We didn't come out executing like we normally do. When we started getting a rhythm, there was something stopping us. We stopped ourselves."

The Jets' 10 points was the lowest total they've put up all season. The defense held Bucs QB*Ryan Fitzpatrick, who played for the Jets for the past two seasons, in check. But the offense couldn't get anything gonig.*Austin Seferian-Jenkins*thinks the offense needed to pick up the defense's effort.*

"The defense did their part. As an offense, we have to play better. It's frustrating," he said.*

But even the defense -- the same unit that was seen dancing because of their dominance a week ago -- felt off on Sunday.*Morris Claiborne, who left the game with a foot injury in the first quarter, noticed from the sideline that something wasn't right.
    "The whole time I was on the sideline I kept saying the same thing, 'We're flat. We're not playing like ourselves,'" he said. "Normall, certain situations happen during the game and our defense, we're dancing and everybody is loose, everybody is feeling good. Today, you didn't see that."

The Jets are now 4-6 as they lost four of their last five games. Playoff talks were relevant in recent weeks, but now, it appears a longshot for the team everyone counted out from the beginning to clinch a postseason berth. The team, however, isn't giving up just yet.*

"Our backs are against the wall,"*Kelvin Beachum*said. "This is a bad situation. We've dug ourselves into a very bad hole, but there's still hope."
    "On to 2017"

I guess the equipment manager forget to hand passion out.

Seriously, though this sounds like something from the Red Ryan era, where the team would get up for big games but sleep walk through "lesser" opponents.

The offensive line was putrid.. and the refs were looking for any little things to call.. we missed on our qb, so it's time to grab the falling OTs

Team Owner
    Sounds like a total lack of leadership. But I mean that's the horse that has been dead the longest for this franchise. Can't even beat it, it's fully decomposed at this point.
    J-E-T-S! It's not exactly a passion, it's generally more of a sickness.

FACT: The New York Jets will never win a Super Bowl with Woody Johnson as the owner.

Trade the Farm!!!!!

Anything. Something.

Bowles' "Coach of the Year" bid took a slight hit, i can't deny that. But comeon, it was just one game, any team can have a flat performance now and then. Just get me 6 wins and Bowles is still COY!!!! I mean, some peole actually said this team could go 0-16. They actually SAID THAT Step. So 6 wins is then an all time heroic performance by the great mastermind Todd Bowles.

ONE MORE YEAR!
    ONE MORE YEAR!
    ONE MORE YEAR!

Just get Cousins in here for Bowles, pay whatever it takes, DO NOT GET OUTBID, and get out the polish for all those trophies coming our way.

Those boys need some good ol' fashion Todd Bowles discipline. He's from the Parcells coaching tree ya know. I think a 1st Qtr benching should do the trick. Ahh...yup.

The worst part is that the Toilet "noticed a lack of spirit to start the game". I didn't watch the game, thankfully, so I didn't see with my own eyes if the Toilet took any action to try to fix the problem nor have I read anything to indicate that he took action. Complete lack of leadership on his part!
    "On to 2017"

No he did. He blinked twice at some of the players as they came off the field. No explanation needed when Bowles blinks twice, ya'll know what that means.

If only we had Matt Forte the lazy, stinkin' old JAG bum for this game things woulda been different. BWAGAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!

And if they'd force fed Austin Sefarian Jenkins the media darling JAG the ball the way Rich Gannon wanted to see them do for much of the game. Why aren't they getting Austin Sefarian Jenkins the ball? Because he's a JAG, Rich.