Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: They're linking Harbaugh to the Giants

Quote Originally Posted by ganggreen76 View Post
    WHAT are you talking about?

This team was projected by many to be THE worst team in football this season. 0-16. I've never lost sight of that it's allowed me to temper my expectations with this team. I've viewed EVERY game on this schedule so far as a loseable game.

The fact that they've been this competitive until now has been nothing short of coaching wizardry from my head coach Todd Bowles and his staff.

They finally played a bad game it took until week 10 for it to happen.

Suuure you're right they could lose to all the teams you've mentioned (in another post) if that happens all bets are off with the head coach but I don't think they will. They may not win on the road they're not good enough to do it consistantly but they've PROVEN so far this season that they're a VERY dangerous home team. They had both of last year's Super Bowl teams on the ropes at home so what makes Carolina or Kansas City or San Diego unbeatable for them?

Nah I think most likely they take 2/3 at home then possibly steal one on the road.
    So your ENTIRE basis for crediting Bowles is based on what fans and media PROJECTED for the Jets season? Is it possible that Mac's draft classes have actually been underrated?

Also, what about the fact that the 0-16 talk began LONG BEFORE the acquisitions of Kearse and Kerley ????

Where would this team be without those 2 WRs and with hack or Petty playing QB? THAT was the team projected to be 0-16. Not McCown playing QB PLUS Kearse and Kerley. And McCown himself is ANOTHER underestimation, he is currently the 12th rated QB in the freaking NFL. Hello??? That's thanks to Bowles? He is another underestimation because he was 2-22, as YOU YOURSELF pointed out endlessly, but he wa son horrible teams and is currently playing with a better roster than he had at 2-22.

As I always say to you, you are not capable of looking at things objectively.

When the pre season opened it was Hack playing QB and no Kearse and Kerley. Then we add them, and hand the QB job to McCown. So 6 wins for THAT roster is some achievement??? No it isn't. it's just a mediocre football team winning 5 or 6 games. as blah as blah gets.

Bowles sucks.

Quote Originally Posted by JWilly View Post
    So your ENTIRE basis for crediting Bowles is based on what fans and media PROJECTED for the Jets season? Is it possible that Mac's draft classes have actually been underrated?

Also, what about the fact that the 0-16 talk began LONG BEFORE the acquisitions of Kearse and Kerley ????

Where would this team be without those 2 WRs and with hack or Petty playing QB? THAT was the team projected to be 0-16. Not McCown playing QB PLUS Kearse and Kerley. And McCown himself is ANOTHER underestimation, he is currently the 12th rated QB in the freaking NFL. Hello??? That's thanks to Bowles? He is another underestimation because he was 2-22, as YOU YOURSELF pointed out endlessly, but he wa son horrible teams and is currently playing with a better roster than he had at 2-22.

As I always say to you, you are not capable of looking at things objectively.

When the pre season opened it was Hack playing QB and no Kearse and Kerley. Then we add them, and hand the QB job to McCown. So 6 wins for THAT roster is some achievement??? No it isn't. it's just a mediocre football team winning 5 or 6 games. as blah as blah gets.

Bowles sucks.
    Kerley was CUT by the 49ers the 1-9 49ers!!! He couldn't make that roster!

They traded for Kearse right before the season.

Bowles has been making this work on the fly. With McCown at QB. I don't know how he's done it.

I expected McCown to start the season remember? I expected him to lose the job too that hasn't happened the fact it hasn't happened and that we NEVER EVER hear anything about Petty-Hackenberg leads me to believe those two are absolute garbage QBs.

If those two were showing ANYTHING worth getting excited about trust me word would get out of Florham Park.

There's NO BUZZ about those two never has been any.
    Last edited by ganggreen76; 11-14-2017 at 10:32 PM.

Team Owner
    McCown and Kerley totally gut me. We are putting out mediocre players to help us win just enough games to stay mediocre.

Kerley is a nice role player, but he's a tiny little slot guy who doesn't have any deep speed. He makes some very nice catches and moves the chains, and we are not developing Hansen and Stewart for HIM???

McCown is a JAG who plays well with the talent he has to work with. I wanted him here 5 years ago. Now it's just a waste of time and effort. If we are throwing Petty and Hack out of the team, then fucking do it already, grab up some kid you like as a project and FUCKING PLAY HIM.

Or if we were always staying with McCown.....then we should have gone and signed Mangold, add Vontae Davis today, call Brandon Albert and whoever else and make a go at it. Don't sit on the fence and try to appease everybody.

Bowles is a fucking moron, but he is acting in his own self interest which is smart. The STUPID one is Woody for thinking an NFL coach is going to sit around grooming young players for the next guy. Chain of command needs to be Woody/Chris -> Glat (Buffer) -> Macc -> Bowels -> Players
    J-E-T-S! It's not exactly a passion, it's generally more of a sickness.

FACT: The New York Jets will never win a Super Bowl with Woody Johnson as the owner.

Quote Originally Posted by ganggreen76 View Post
    Kerley was CUT by the 49ers the 1-9 49ers!!! He couldn't make that roster!

They traded for Kearse right before the season.

Bowles has been making this work on the fly. With McCown at QB. I don't know how he's done it.

I expected McCown to start the season remember? I expected him to lose the job too that hasn't happened the fact it hasn't happened and that we NEVER EVER hear anything about Petty-Hackenberg leads me to believe those two are absolute garbage QBs.

If those two were showing ANYTHING worth getting excited about trust me word would get out of Florham Park.

There's NO BUZZ about those two never has been any.
    “Buzz”? WTF does that have to do with the POINT?

If McCown Kearse and Kerley were ALL on board from day 1, and McCown was named starter day 1, nobody would have projected 0-16. Projections would have ranged from 3 to 7 or 8 wins IMO if that was the team and plan going in.

DO YOU DENY THAT??????

Winning 4 to 6 with this roster is NO BIG DEAL. JAG roster winning 5 games. Um yeah. Exactly to be expected.

Bowles sucks. This roster has JUST ENOUGH JAG vet talent to win 5 is r 6 games. Incredible. NOT!!!