Thread: Wake up offense

Head Coach Material

Wake up offense

Okay, it's about time the Falcons offense went and sploded. After 8 games the O is statistically ranked around the middle of the road in the NFL. After watching this offense lead the league last season and seeing this year's O struggles(with nearly the exact same players), c'mon, there's gotta be a game of the remaining 8 this O bursts out of this curious lull.

The game will be seen nation-wide Sunday. Here's the map.

Last Sunday in Charlotte troy aikman constantly said the Falcons offense is having "problems" over and over and it was like,...OKAY IDIOT WE GETIT OK??? Aikman is an idiot who says something repeatedly almost like his commentary is scripted before the game due to his lack of imagination. Buck does his job okay, most likely cause he's the guy who must remain objective and not criticize as much. Aikman?hahahaha this boy despises the falcons, always has since 1989. Anyway, listen for aikman to repeat, like a parrott, the same bs.

And that's where I'm going here. Here's yo chance Falcons to shut the fool's trap, and btw, aikman's mouth, oh my. He could put a whole cornish hen in there and pull out only bones. But yeah, it'd be nice to see the O finally have a dominant game.

As I said before, Falcons fans became accustomed to watching one of the greatest offensive performances in NFL history last season. I KNOW they are spoiled when I see some of them wanting to trade Matty, fire the O-coor and stupid stuff like that. So to shut them up and aikman the Crows offense needs one of those 34 point efforts. And it'll take a big time effort to save the season. People say it's not time to panic?hahaha Well, all I can say is some of us panicked after the loss to the Bills at home in week #4. That loss began a 3 game skid as the Falcons offense went,...asleep or something. Or maybe,...

Quote Originally Posted by Penumbra View Post
    Okay, it's about time... The game will be seen nation-wide Sunday. Here's the map. Last Sunday in Charlotte troy aikman constantly said the Falcons offense is having "problems" over and over... [though] the Falcons offense went,...asleep or something. Or maybe...
    They went on the road three straight, thankfully shooting down Jets in the middle of it. Looking at the big picture 4-4 is not all bad. Keep to 4 losses for the remainder of the season now that the glutch is over, and that's still a fine record. I sure wish the Fins could do the same.

Yep Fins Falcons Lions Pack and Skins are all 4-4. Falcons and Pack have a case to return to a postseason berth, the others will be lucky at best. Ache man will be proven incorrect in the long run, maybe he will have to announce a Falcon playoff and have to mention it.

I got it wrong last week by listening to a codger who lives down the street. He says to me yeah Falcons will be on Channel 4 and Bucs Channel 7. So when I tune in Sunday err, in reality neither team is showing here on Sunday. 1PM game on CBS is Eagles Broncos that somehow they cancelled after halftime and showed a different game, and then to top it off no Redskins-Seahawks for 4PM either. The best game of the week, actually got the least coverage on NFL channel.

It'll be great to see Falcons game coming up.

Head Coach Material
    Quote Originally Posted by Gundermerikan View Post
    I got it wrong last week by listening to a codger who lives down the street. The best game of the week, actually got the least coverage on NFL channel. It'll be great to see Falcons game coming up.
    Well, you just expected an old codger hahaha like me was gonna know what he's talkin' bout. Not your wrong. Yeah, the NFL seems to be playing games within games. Sometimes a home feed takes precedence and there'll only be one game on FOX in Georgia or CBS in Miami,...but sometimes they break they own broadcasting rules if a big game, big matchup and telecast two games on FOX and CBS, so I dunno, you tell me. I thought it was known they had to telecast only one game on Sunday for whatever rules but they, hell I dunno.

Yeah,...4-4 for any of those teams could be a launching platform to the playoffs as long as they win, and win NOW. Out of the remaining 8 games they can't lose no 3 games and expect to make the playoffs.

I just want this talented Falcons offense somehow return to a smidgen of what we saw last season.

Packers Moderator
    Your right, the Falcons are a very talented team. No excuse for some of the losses they've taken this year. There's a principal of synergy where the whole is greater than the sum of it's parts. Championship teams have it. I'm better because the people to my right and left make me better and they're better because i'm here. Last year the falcons had it. This year they are actually worse than the sum of their parts. It's very common for a team that loses the super bowl to struggle in the following season. To make it that far and play as well as they did to get there and fall short makes them question if they can get any better to win the final game. That hangover usually lasts one year. If you can make the tournament though, the talent is still there.
    2008 NFLFans Fantasy Football League Champion

Head Coach Material
    Great points as always. And yes, during the 3 game skid Falcons players, and probably coaches were indeed questioning themselves. They appeared w/o fire like sleep walking thru the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Penumbra View Post
    Okay, it's about time the Falcons offense went and sploded....
    Stellar call. The D stepped up as well.

Head Coach Material
    Stellar call. The D stepped up as well.
    Now if the Dolphins can win tonight, the weekend will be complete. A Miami win will *muddy the water* in the NFC South. And then the Dolphins host the Bucs the next week. The Dolphins only loss to the NFC South could be that stupid as hell game in England to the Saints, help the Falcons and help my surrogate team in Miami.

Yep as you may have expected of Jay Cutler, he had one of his off daze performances again. This is how bad his ribs affect some of those throws, first quarter I'd seen the one-hopper to the outlet back and soon after, series ends with a badly overthrown long pass that could've established a nice first TD drive had it been near the receiver. Then he got a little better until the Int. near the end of the first half sealed off another scoring possibility.

The other team in the 4-4 pack that lost was the Redskins, in a similar fashion with an Int. at the close of the first half. These types of interceptions leave just enough time for their opponent to respond with a TD of their own instead. Meanwhile now erstwhile allies, the Pack and Falcons advance to the winning ledger. Not surprisingly the same ones who advanced are perennial playoff contenders. The Lions won in disappointing fashion.

How else do they allow the Browns to dominate the TOP with a stronger run game that gets 26 1st downs to their 16?

The thing I like about the Fins offense is it basically looks better than say the Falcons. The Fins passing lanes are less apt to set their receivers up for those killer contacts in the middle of the field. The aforementioned Falcons - Cowboys game was an absolutely brutal thing to watch in the first half.

Head Coach Material
    Yep as you may have expected of Jay Cutler, he had one of his off daze performances again. This is how bad his ribs affect some of those throws, first quarter I'd seen the one-hopper to the outlet back and soon after, series ends with a badly overthrown long pass that could've established a nice first TD drive had it been near the receiver. Then he got a little better until the Int. near the end of the first half sealed off another scoring possibility.

The other team in the 4-4 pack that lost was the Redskins, in a similar fashion with an Int. at the close of the first half. These types of interceptions leave just enough time for their opponent to respond with a TD of their own instead. Meanwhile now erstwhile allies, the Pack and Falcons advance to the winning ledger. Not surprisingly the same ones who advanced are perennial playoff contenders. The Lions won in disappointing fashion.

How else do they allow the Browns to dominate the TOP with a stronger run game that gets 26 1st downs to their 16?

The thing I like about the Fins offense is it basically looks better than say the Falcons. The Fins passing lanes are less apt to set their receivers up for those killer contacts in the middle of the field. The aforementioned Falcons - Cowboys game was an absolutely brutal thing to watch in the first half.
    Appeared Cutler had little time to throw many times and when it was set up for a pass, having time somewhat, downfield he missed.

That is astute sir,...yep in this WCO Matty is expected to put the ball in there even when the WR is well covered. And yes, that leads to the safety coming over and blasting the guy. It is what it is.

As far as ribs go,...why? Yeah it was a MNF game and all. Some decisions made by front offices and head coaches are based in pure stubbornness. Dan Quinn is so stubborn he'd rather lose a game than change defensive philosophy.

It was Jets DE guy who squeezed Cutler so tight in a backfield hit that he broke ribs. It's possible to re-injure them again too, since he's played two games before being all healed. So I figure in some of his throwing motions brought a little discomfort and accounts for the inaccuracy, cause to be honest even Vick could have completed those throws. But overall you nailed it.

Q's new Wake-Up Offense is the latest innovation in the Falcons arsenal, but maybe not the last.