Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: This is what smart organizatins do...

Quote Originally Posted by SOF.Gator View Post
    I'm going to place some of the blame on Mac for this. If there was no veteran QB on the roster, Bowles would be forced to play the young QBs. OTOH, I have little doubt Bowles would still start some of the vets Mac shitcanned if they were still on the roster.
    Yeah I agree with you. I mean the franchise was clearly playing the preseason to start Hack. That was beyond obvious. McCown didn’t even play. Who has their eventual starter, who is new to the team, not even play in PS if he’s starting game 1? Obviously even this inept franchise isn’t that stupid. Hack just sh!t the bed. I truly think McCown was the one they signed because of his putrid win percentage of late and his likeliness to lose if he played. But I think they underestimated him and that he was on putrid teams during that losing span.

But yeah, the WR acquisitions. That IMO was another underestimation. They were buying into their own hype the the tank was so solidified that even those additions couldn’t affect it. They underestimated that the talent was more capable then the 0-16 hype, and the combo of adding WRs and the underestimation of McCown did us in. It’s getting us our 5-7 wins.

It boils down to the commitment of the franchise and exactly what MSG said, the GM and HC operating under separate agendas and ownership ALLOWING it. Just pathetic.

Darnold is going #1 and not to us.
    Rosen is going #2 and not to us.
    I’m not sure yet which QB is 3rd off the board but I know he’s not going to us.

We f@cked it all up SFG. Woe is us. In this QB rich opportunity we are getting the 4th or 5th best one. Bring on Sam Bradford. Or Kirk Cousins at $30m per and $60m guaranteed. Ugh
    Last edited by JWilly; 11-08-2017 at 01:14 PM.

If the Jets had a good track record in developing QB's then most of this dysfunction would be a moot point JW.

If the Jets had a good track record in developing QB's then most of this dysfunction would be a moot point JW.
    Franchise QBs are born not made.

Quote Originally Posted by ganggreen76 View Post
    Franchise QBs are born not made.
    Partially true. Franchise QBs have innate traits but those traits have to be coached up and supported in the right environments.

Congrats, your first smart post of the season.

Quote Originally Posted by JWilly View Post
    Congrats, your first smart post of the season.
    LOL, he has attained your level of simplistic thought, which requires a dissertation to describe.

Partially true. Franchise QBs have innate traits but those traits have to be coached up and supported in the right environments.
    Exactly. Both are requirements, and a whole lot more.

Potential FQBs are born, just like JAG QBs are born.

Quote Originally Posted by ibleedgreen View Post
    Exactly. Both are requirements, and a whole lot more.

Potential FQBs are born, just like JAG QBs are born.
    Im so proud of all you guys.

Quote Originally Posted by JWilly View Post
    Im so proud of all you guys.
    Just like postman are born and accountants and golden retrievers.

Well, postmen and accountants no. Golden retrievers yes.