Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: This is what smart organizatins do...

This is what smart organizatins do...

And if the Giants do this I guarantee you they will be back on top before we are.

They will have hired a GM and HC who have experience and will be on the SAME PAGE in year 1 AND will likely land a top FQB prospect to start their rebuild. Granted both guys failed elsewhere but this is exactly the type of hire I have been begging the Jets to make for decades rather then their "flavor of the month" newbie hires EVERY DAMN TIME!!! When you get someone who has failed elsewhere, many times they have LEARNED from their mistakes and adjust and succeed. Not always but more likely then hitting on GMs and HCs who have NEVER BEEN GMs and HCs before (see Bradway, Tannenbaum, Idzik, Mac along with Groh, Herm, Mangini, Rex and Toilet...thats 18 seasons and not ONE year of GM or HC experience for ANY of them prior to us hiring them).

Our GM is planning for the future and our HC is coaching for his job. We'll land up 6-10, sign some vet QB, and be on our path of mediocrity for the next 4-6 years. Meantime the Ginats will hire these two, draft Rosen, and be back on top as a SB contender in 3 years...you watch.

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/fo...icle-1.3615585

Lucky organizations unexpectedly bottom out twice in a years there is potentially a golden pot of FQBs to choose from. Giants went into 2003 and this year with high hopes coming off playoff seasons.

When the Jets bottom out we get Keyshawn Johnson.

The Giants are lucky.

This is why I never actively root for losses or joined the pro tank crowd (though i dont blame those who do). Too much luck and the unexpected is involved in these things to even stress or get aggravated over it.

Its so annoying the Giants may get Rose, Darnold or Mayfield.
    Last edited by JetsMan57; 11-07-2017 at 03:37 PM.

When George young and Parcells ran the show the Giants were a top org... but I'm voting with 57 that this has been a lucky lucky run for them... heck eli scored two tds in each SB, and pulled the wins out of his a $$.... putting macado as a HC was jet like.. and instead of superbowl aspirations, they win the Rosen sweepstakes... F them...

Quote Originally Posted by JetsMan57 View Post
    Lucky organizations unexpectedly bottom out twice in a years there is potentially a golden pot of FQBs to choose from. Giants went into 2003 and this year with high hopes coming off playoff seasons.

When the Jets bottom out we get Keyshawn Johnson.

The Giants are lucky.

This is why I never actively root for losses or joined the pro tank crowd (though i dont blame those who do). Too much luck and the unexpected is involved in these things to even stress or get aggravated over it.

Its so annoying the Giants may get Rose, Darnold or Mayfield.
    Yup...lucky as shit if these QBs are for real. but lets not forget that WE had the #1 when Peyton was eligible and thanks to Tuna being stubborn he stayed in an extra year. BUT, the main point of my post was that hiring the combo of Pioli and McDaniel would be a brilliant move for the Giants. i respect both and think that they would learn from past nmistakes and do a great job...especially if they add a FQB prospect too.

And whne you KNOW there are a bunch of high ranked QBs coming out and you KNOW that you arent winning dick with a 38 year old QB and you still refuse to play the kid QBs because you need to win to save your jopb...thats when I root for the tank and that just shows how dysfuntional this organization is and continues to be. And the fan base? How they dont recognize that this is 2015 all over again is beyond me. Yeah we are younger and the kids are developing...but some are being fooled yet again by a VERY non elite QB having a career year and our record being uneccesarily inflated because of it. Petty should have been starting from day 1. And if he sucked then Hack. McCown should have been in there only in case of injury.

Sucks being a Jets fan.

Quote Originally Posted by AFL12 View Post
    When George young and Parcells ran the show the Giants were a top org... but I'm voting with 57 that this has been a lucky lucky run for them... heck eli scored two tds in each SB, and pulled the wins out of his a $$.... putting macado as a HC was jet like.. and instead of superbowl aspirations, they win the Rosen sweepstakes... F them...
    Exactly...and we have been doing it for 40 years!!!

Quote Originally Posted by AFL12 View Post
    No doubt they were a great organization 30 years ago and Wellington Mara was a great owner, but his son John reminds me a bit of Woody. He won 2 super bowls primarily with the foundation that was put in place by his dad and accorsi and since then its been a shit show. Jerry Reese got off to a great start as a GM but has been a disaster since. Like you said handing the job to McAdoo was a joke. The guy is a total odd ball. Last year he looked like the goofy 7th grade science teacher wearing suits 3 sizes too big. This year he shows up with the slick back hair trying to be Mr Big Shot. Total idiot.

I want to throw gobs of money at harbaugh. But pending the fact that that is likely a pipe dream, my latest HC wish list is Haley. He has a hell of a track record growing offenses.

And we simply need to take every possible shot at moving up in this draft for one of the blue chips, or failing that we take the best QB we can get in the slot we are dealt, and Haley is as good a chance we could have to take that 2nd tier blue chip QB and make him our FQB.

When you are Jet fan you simply CANNOT root, or hope for the franchise to figure things out the proper way and to make the proper moves, we have to HOPE AND PRAY that we LUCK into a HC/QB duo thaqt can overcome Woody's and this franchise's INEPTITUDE.

Why would they try to become the team they beat twice in the Super Bowl?

That makes no sense at all.

I'll be stunned if the new GM hire isn't Gettleman.

Possibly even Whaley.

Quote Originally Posted by MSGold12 View Post
    ..And whne you KNOW there are a bunch of high ranked QBs coming out and you KNOW that you arent winning dick with a 38 year old QB and you still refuse to play the kid QBs because you need to win to save your jopb...thats when I root for the tank and that just shows how dysfuntional this organization is and continues to be. And the fan base? How they dont recognize that this is 2015 all over again is beyond me. Yeah we are younger and the kids are developing...but some are being fooled yet again by a VERY non elite QB having a career year and our record being uneccesarily inflated because of it. Petty should have been starting from day 1. And if he sucked then Hack. McCown should have been in there only in case of injury.

Sucks being a Jets fan.
    I'm going to place some of the blame on Mac for this. If there was no veteran QB on the roster, Bowles would be forced to play the young QBs. OTOH, I have little doubt Bowles would still start some of the vets Mac shitcanned if they were still on the roster.

Quote Originally Posted by JWilly View Post
    I want to throw gobs of money at harbaugh. But pending the fact that that is likely a pipe dream, my latest HC wish list is Haley. He has a hell of a track record growing offenses.

And we simply need to take every possible shot at moving up in this draft for one of the blue chips, or failing that we take the best QB we can get in the slot we are dealt, and Haley is as good a chance we could have to take that 2nd tier blue chip QB and make him our FQB.

When you are Jet fan you simply CANNOT root, or hope for the franchise to figure things out the proper way and to make the proper moves, we have to HOPE AND PRAY that we LUCK into a HC/QB duo thaqt can overcome Woody's and this franchise's INEPTITUDE.
    JW, you want to find both a "Jets Proof" HC & QB prospect?!!!