Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Only the Jets

IBG is 100% correct and it just proves once again what a ridiculously dysfunctioal organization this is. The GM and HC are NOT on the same page yet again. The GM knows damn well to have a cointender we need a QB. The HC needs to keep winning games to keep his job and cant trust the owner otherwise due to past circumstances (see Mangini).

I said it before and I'll say it again. If this team were playing this way wiht Petty or Hack or some rookie QB in there I'd be thrilled. There has been true development of many players on both O and D. BUT....it foesnt solve the overall problem of the lack of a QB and (at least IMO) that problem is NOT going to be solved by signing Kirk Cousins or Alex Smith. And by "problem" I mean getitng this team to a SB...not merely getting them into the playoffs. That problewm will ONY be solved y drafting a FQB, letting him develop uinder an inexpensive rookie contract, and rebuild the roster wiht more talent along the way. And each game we win with a 38 year old QB throwing to the likes of Kerley while Matt Forte is running the ball is an utter waste and just hinders the ability to get that QB.

I actually watched last night. First time in weeks. The D was flying around, the OL looked better then I expected, many kids looked good. There is a LOT to like about how this team is playing. BUT...they are not even close to being a contender talent wise and need a top shelf QB. And going 6-10 this year with McCown playing 13 or 14 games is not better then the mirage we saw in 2015. I dont BLAMNE BOwles for playing McCown but it is just another indication of an organization that just doesnt have a clue. Taking this path will get us back to repsectability and maybe even the playoffs...but ti will never get us to the SB whihc is SUPPOSED to be the GOAL!!

No disagreement here. I was thinking to myself all game last night " can this effn mccown just sprain a pinky toe so we can get petty in there"

Quote Originally Posted by JetsMan57 View Post
    No disagreement here. I was thinking to myself all game last night " can this effn mccown just sprain a pinky toe so we can get petty in there"
    Here's looked as graceful as a fire hydrant running into the endzone... thought he might hurt himself..

Quote Originally Posted by JetsMan57 View Post

Woody also guaranteed Mangini that no matter what he wasnt being fired if the Brett Favre trade blew up in their faces. How did that go?

Bowles knows the deal. Its a win or else business
    Good point.