Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Only the Jets

Only the Jets

Only the Jets can make an easy victory frustrating and discouraging.

Can we PLEASE see one of the young QBs? ...

Coach Bowles said we saw all we needed to in the preseason IBG.

A coach on teh hot seat is not going to purposely play the inferior QB and lose games so he can get fired. Thats lunacy and not something any of us would do. Its just the predicament the Jets put themselves in

With that said their were tons of positives last night. The defense was outstanding spearheaded by their youngsters, robbie anderson makes another impact play, the continued rebirth of Jenkins. Heck even Leo decided to show up.
    Last edited by JetsMan57; 11-03-2017 at 02:22 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by JetsMan57 View Post
    A coach on teh hot seat is not going to purposely play the inferior QB and lose games so he can get fired. Thats lunacy and not something any of us would do. Its just the predicament the Jets put themselves in

With that said their were tons of positives last night. The defense was outstanding spearheaded by their youngsters, robbie anderson makes another impact play, the continued rebirth of Jenkins. Heck even Leo decided to show up.
    I think that's why Woody explicitly said Bowles wouldn't be judged on wins & losses but on the improvement of the young players.

Quote Originally Posted by JetsMan57 View Post

exactly. enough with the qb situation. are most so focused on the qb they are not watching what is happening. this team is a young solid hard playing TEAM with money to spend off season...it will be very interesting what they do off season with the qb situation......cousins smith ? use the 2nd rounder to move up and get a qb like a mayfield or rudolph or falk.....there will be oppurtunities to get a qb...the college qb crop is not even set in stone yet. at this point this is a young fun TEAM to watch

Amen!!! Brotha!
    Ain't nobody better mess with the fine feathered figaro!

Its easier to develop players when the team is winning and has something to play for

Woody also guaranteed Mangini that no matter what he wasnt being fired if the Brett Favre trade blew up in their faces. How did that go?

Bowles knows the deal. Its a win or else business
    Last edited by JetsMan57; 11-03-2017 at 03:48 PM.

That's why.....

"The Jets can't even tank properly"

I really like what I'm seeing on the field. In every way EXCEPT wasting time with McCown. who by the way is doing an OK job as a journeyman QB. Similar to Fitz in 2015. Just OK. Meaningless. I feel good about the future of building this team through the draft as Mac is COMMITTED to doing, but very uneasy about the QB situation for the foreseable future. BECAUSE we f@cked up the tank.

The QB should have been MANDATED TO Bowles. Play the kids and we'll judge you by how the whole team plays, not wins and losses. They did say they would not judge by wins and losses but they should have FINISHED THE JOB by forcing the kids into the QB role even after it was beyond obvious that they were not earning the job. Todd, you are playing Petty and Hack and that's final and we will judge accordingly.

i agree that Todd should be playing to win. It was ownership's job to demand the scenario. They left it up to the HC and he picked the safe vet QB who could win him 5-7 games. Duh. This is why this franchise is stupid as f@ck.

So resign Bowles to a two year extension right now, I will live with him and Morton for the next few years if it means moving on from a 40 yo backup.. it might be a moot point anyway we are going to to be a 5 or 6 win team and out of the top 3 to 4 picks...

I agree!!!! And this is what the tankers wanted too. JM is right of course, it's easier to develop players in an upbeat "in the hunt" moment vs a 1-7 season is already in the tank moment. Nobody is denying that. But it's not a DRASTIC difference and we could have won some of these with petty too i think. And if not, again, it's not a drastic difference.

Would this team be better off in 2018 having won 7 and bringing Bowles back? Or having won 2 and bringing in Harbaugh, or Gruden, or Haley. I can't answer this question and neither can you but I sure as hell can EASILY argue the latter.