theredzone.org

Newly acquired Eagles running back Jay Ajayi met the media for the first time following Wednesday's practice at the NovaCare Complex, Bob Grotz of the Delaware Daily Times reports.

While Ajayi tried to say all the right things, it was hard for him to dispute the reports that he sought a bigger role offensively with the Dolphins and that he was a problem in the locker room.

"Those are the criticisms that are out there," Ajayi said. I can only speak on how I view myself. I view myself as a 'team guy'. I'm excited to be here. I'm an Eagle. I'm excited for this opportunity. That stuff, at the end of the day, is in the past. I woke up today as a Philadelphia Eagle. I'm very excited about that."

Ajayi said he was surprised to be traded by the Dolphins, who are 4-3. He also said he hasn’t gotten the opportunity to catch the ball in the offense with them as much as he did at Boise State.

Ajayi said he’s spoken to Eagles quarterback Carson Wentz about getting ready to “keep this thing rolling.

“Just being able to be around him today and watching his game throughout the season you can tell he’s a special guy, a special talent,” Ajayi said. “I know myself personally I strive to be great every day. And I’m excited to come into this talented room and join these running backs in achieving our goal of winning the Super Bowl.”

“A the end of the day God had another plan for me and that was to be here, be on the Philadelphia Eagles,” Ajayi said. “We’re 7-1 and I’m excited about that for the opportunity to go get this thing. I’m just here to be a part of that however the coaches and staff want to use me.”

Welcome to Philly Tuff Guy !