Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Jets trade 5th rounder for CB Rashard Robinson...

Jets trade 5th rounder for CB Rashard Robinson...

He looked good as a rook but this year hes the most penalized corner in the league, something like 10 penalties so far. Looks like Cro a bit, tall, rangy and athletic. The raw talent is evident, our rook Derrick Jones has that tyoe of physique too.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FKqwEng1yHY
    Ain't nobody better mess with the fine feathered figaro!

http://www.nola.com/lsu/index.ssf/20..._nfldraft.html

He needs a lot of coaching, but man, this guy had potential! He is skinny but hes long and rail strong. His frame
    Can allow for 15 to 20 pounds or muscle. Right now his upside is higher than any corner we have.

Stupid ass trade. Giving up a 5th???? For this guy??? A 7th maybe but a 5th???

Upside, shmupside...he's the most penlaized CB and a backup on one of the two worst teams in football...and we gave up a mid rounder for him.

You're a dumbass Mac.

Last year as a rookie people were raving about him as a future shut down corner. This year he got sloppy, maybe ths is a wakeup call. It’s a roll of the dice but a fifth rounder is an even bigger roll of the dice. He did start last year and I heard he looked real good.
    Last edited by slikmojet; 11-01-2017 at 02:24 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by slikmojet View Post
    Last year as a rookie people were raving about him as a future shut down corner. This year he got sloppy, maybe ths is a wakeup call. It’s a roll of the dice but a fifth rounder is an even bigger roll of the dice. He did start last year and I heard he looked real good.
    also this year they changed the defense. last year it was a more man to man which is what he excells at.. saying all that a 5 is pretty high. and once again we go defense....

Quote Originally Posted by MSGold12 View Post
    Stupid ass trade. Giving up a 5th???? For this guy??? A 7th maybe but a 5th???

Upside, shmupside...he's the most penlaized CB and a backup on one of the two worst teams in football...and we gave up a mid rounder for him.

You're a dumbass Mac.
    Not great, msg, but Mac was in a desperate situation so he had to over pay... it is what it is

Quote Originally Posted by AFL12 View Post
    Not great, msg, but Mac was in a desperate situation so he had to over pay... it is what it is
    Desparate for what? They are 3-5 and this year was all but lost from day 1. And Mac is coming back next year...thats pretty much a gvien.

I have no issue taking a flier on a talented (but troubled) prospect who has regressed...but a 5th?????

Quote Originally Posted by jimmyjet52 View Post
    also this year they changed the defense. last year it was a more man to man which is what he excells at.. saying all that a 5 is pretty high. and once again we go defense....
    I have no issue taking a flier on a player who has upside...but a 5th? For this guy? He got fleeced.

Quote Originally Posted by MSGold12 View Post
    Desparate for what? They are 3-5 and this year was all but lost from day 1. And Mac is coming back next year...thats pretty much a gvien.

I have no issue taking a flier on a talented (but troubled) prospect who has regressed...but a 5th?????
    This is it right here.....If the kid can play minutes as a decent nfl back up corner, it's worth a fifth... if he can't it's a waste.. and another whiff by mac.

Quote Originally Posted by AFL12 View Post
    This is it right here.....If the kid can play minutes as a decent nfl back up corner, it's worth a fifth... if he can't it's a waste.. and another whiff by mac.
    I just hate giving up draft picks...especially dceent picks for other peoples cast offs. And who's to say we wont need that 5th as part of a trade up for a QB in rd 1? Just sayin...

7th? Fine. But a 5th????