Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: This season feels like riding with an Octopus driving a muscle car on the way to...

The Jets are the broken record bro.

Quote Originally Posted by slikmojet View Post
    Oh my God! What a whiny little bitch you are! Itís like a broken record!
    He/we (not sure who you were referencing) may be whiny broken records...but he/we are also 100% correct.

As I said...you are just a very different level of fan. Lets just leave it at that.

I used to get upset, punch walls and kick things, but that was many years ago. I took it too seriously, now I just try to enjoy it and once the game is over, I let it go and on to the next game. I put it out of my mind real quick, the losses donít sting as much and the wins feel like the SB but only for a little while, I think thatís the way it should be.
    Ain't nobody better mess with the fine feathered figaro!

Hmmmm, movie, bike ride, park, jet game, brunch, what to do with my sunday??? All so equally entertaining.

Some of us die with this shit. others can enjoy 6 weeks out of 16 and just shrug off the other 10. To each their own.

Quote Originally Posted by slikmojet View Post
    I used to get upset, punch walls and kick things, but that was many years ago. I took it too seriously, now I just try to enjoy it and once the game is over, I let it go and on to the next game. I put it out of my mind real quick, the losses donít sting as much and the wins feel like the SB but only for a little while, I think thatís the way it should be.
    But wait...I'm telling you I am NOT getting upset anymore. That Im not punching walls or kicking things. That I am simply disengaging. And for basically the same reasons you have morphed into a "just entertain me" level fan...and yet you are ripping me for it. We're both doing the exact same thing just in different ways. And Im sorry but we'll have to disagree. IMO A win against the Jaguars in week 3 is not nearly the same feel as winning a SB would be. If that works for you great...but dont disparage others for having more lofty goals then minor week to week gratification.

I do all that and still watch my Jets.

I havenít reached that level of complete indifference yet, when I do, I may just do a complete turnaround and forget it altogether. Iím. Ot there yet though.

Quote Originally Posted by JWilly View Post
    This season feels like a completely wasted OPPORTUNITY.

Wasted in exchange for 5 completely meaningless wins. Nice work FOOLED.
    It seems a lot of fans feel the same way since local TV viewership is reportedly down 37%. Some notable die-hard fans, like Jason from OTC are indifferent to wins and losses this season. The Jets feel like a rudderless ship.

OK, now....... I'm offended. LOL

I removed 4 posts from this thread.

Time to knock it off Slik!
    "On to 2017"