Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: This season feels like riding with an Octopus driving a muscle car on the way to...

This season feels like riding with an Octopus driving a muscle car on the way to...

Cleveland Ohio... you know you wanna jump off, but the octupus grabs you with a tentacle and says:

“relax, here smoke a joint, wait till we get to Cleveland and I introduce you to some of my girlfriends...”

And you say... hit it Pack!

Can we make a pit stop in Sheboygan?
    Last edited by slikmojet; 10-30-2017 at 04:53 AM.
    Ain't nobody better mess with the fine feathered figaro!

This season feels like a completely wasted OPPORTUNITY.

Wasted in exchange for 5 completely meaningless wins. Nice work FOOLED.

Quote Originally Posted by JWilly View Post
    This season feels like a completely wasted OPPORTUNITY.

Wasted in exchange for 5 completely meaningless wins. Nice work FOOLED.
    This ^^^^^^^^^

Those who do not learn from history are doomed to repeat it. Apparently the fooled learned NOTHING from 2015. So NOW Slik wants to see Petty??? NOW he realizes McNown "can't win games by himself"? Hah! Too little too late for that bandwagon jump. Petty should have been in there the day he was healthy after pre season. And if he f-ed up...Hack should have been tossed to the wolves next. And if we went 0-16 or 1-15...so be it. nstead we get 8 weeks of McCown (and counting) because this dysfunctional organization yet again has a situation where the GM and HC are not on the same time table and Bowles has to win gamjes to save his job. And all the while, the fooled think its fantastic that we beat Cleveland, Miami and Jax. Yippie!!!! Stuck in the house yesterday during the monsoon, I actually watched some of the game and Truth be told, yesterday (McCown aside) was the PERFECT games...team plays well for the most part, doesnt embarass themselves, kids play and develop...and we LOSE!!!!

Yes, drafting a QB at the top of round 1 is a big risk that doesnt always pay off 100% of the time. But you know what NEVER pays off? Trying to win a SB without a big time QB!

But hey, come draft day when we are picking 16th and 3 or 4 QBs go in the top 10, The Fooled can remind me how great those September wins felt.

Between the f-ing fooled portion of the fan base and the consistent dysfunction of the origanization as a whole, you wonder why long time fans have lost serious interest????

Hey fool, I said I wanted Petty from day one, I donít care whoís at QB. I watch the games hoping we win, if we lose no big deal, move on to next week. How does that make me a fool? I donít get paid from it, I cannot control what happens on the field, youíre damn right football is strictly for entertainment purposes, Bottom line is I want to be entertained, there is no bigger meaning to it,and I donít attach any.

Itís a weird season, this team is competitive, itís fun to watch them compete, we donít have a QB, thatís obvious, but it is what it is.
    Last edited by slikmojet; 10-30-2017 at 05:41 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by slikmojet View Post
    Itís a weird season, this team is competitive, itís fun to watch them compete, we donít have a QB, thatís obvious, but it is what it is.
    And we ain't gonna have one next year either. Your binky is either a choker, and ours, or he FINALLY wins a game and Washington keeps him, so we are F-ed either way on Cousins.

Just imagine this "fun to watch, competitive" team that "doesn't have a QB" getting one notch better with another draft, plus a couple nice signings with the cap space we got, plus adding a brand new blue chip stud prospect? just imagine!!!!!

instead we'll add Sam Bradford or Kirk Cousins and win 8, then 9, then 6. And start over again in 3 years saying, "this team is competitive, we just don't have a QB"

Missed opportunity.

Quote Originally Posted by slikmojet View Post
    Hey fool, I said I wanted Petty from day one, I donít care whoís at QB. I watch the games hoping we win, if we lose no big deal, move on to next week. How does that make me a fool? I donít get paid from it, I cannot control what happens on the firld, youíre damn right football is strictly from entertainment purposes, Bottom line is I want to be entertained, there is no bigger mesning tonit, and I donít attach any.

Oh please...I didnt say you were a "fool". I said you and others were "the fooled", a term for a group of fans who dont see the bigger picture.

And for the 3000th time, apprently you and I are just different fans. You are happy being entertainied...good for you if an 8-8 season and a playoff apperance every now and then works for you. So for that, guys like McCown and Fitz and maybe even Cousins are perfect for you. They keep the games entertaning for you and you can keep up the defense mechanism that "you cant control it" or "its just a game" or "you just want to be entertained". Fine. You accuse me of "wanting losses" for some psychological reason yet you cant see that your position is the ULTIMATE defense mechanism to deflect the very same frustrations that you have with this fucking franchise that I do! Of course you want a SB but you know how far away ths dtsfunctional franchise is from tat so you rationalize it by syaing its OK so long as you are entertained because football doesnt really matter. Yeah, well despite your beliefs to the contrary, I am well aware that its just a game and that I cant control it, blah blah blah. But I am over being enetrtained and investing the level of emotion and passion that I have in the past. After 50 years, That doesnt work for me anymore. Either build me a SB contender or I am done investing. IM too old for this shit. And what they have done over the past 4-5 years is the FURTHEST thing form that strategy...especially what they are doing this year.

So you be your kind of fan and I will be mine and lets just leave it at that then. But if deep down your true wish is to see this team in a SB then there is NO defense of what they have done the last 3 years and specificlaly what they have done this year. And whteher you wanted Petty week 1 or now is totally contradictory to rooting for the team to win with McCown because every menaingless win just one more week that the 38 year old starts and every win is one more draft slot we move down and miss out on the stud QB. And until we get the stud QB, this is all just white noise.

Entertainment = WINNING

Winning 6 games is NOT winning, it's LOSING.

The "entertainment" of winning is not game by game, it's winning the season, winning the playoffs. AKA the BIGGER PICTURE MSG just alluded too.

There is no joy in winning 1 individual game when you know the season is a futile, pathetic, joke of a 6 win season. The whole thing is NOT entertaining when you know there is nothing of value to be had at the END.

If you are "entertained" by one individual win, that occurs within a 6 win season then why are you even a fan of a team? How can that gratify you? seems that you could be as entertained by watching ANY football game.

Quote Originally Posted by JWilly View Post
    And we ain't gonna have one next year either. Your binky is either a choker, and ours, or he FINALLY wins a game and Washington keeps him, so we are F-ed either way on Cousins.

Just imagine this "fun to watch, competitive" team that "doesn't have a QB" getting one notch better with another draft, plus a couple nice signings with the cap space we got, plus adding a brand new blue chip stud prospect? just imagine!!!!!

instead we'll add Sam Bradford or Kirk Cousins and win 8, then 9, then 6. And start over again in 3 years saying, "this team is competitive, we just don't have a QB"

Missed opportunity.
    Has Sam Bradford ever won 8, 9 games in a season before?

Jeez I forgot about that bum. He won't cost what Cousins or Smith will cost (thank goodness for that) but ya know going in that he stinks. Boring. Zero star power. Zero hope.
    Last edited by ganggreen76; 10-30-2017 at 09:05 PM.

Whoever ee draft has a far greater chamcebto bust than Cousins does. There is no guarantee of anything, I remember people saying the same things about Brees that they say about Cousin now, I see parallels, Smith also comes to mind.

Oh my God! What a whiny little bitch you are! It’s like a broken record!
    Last edited by slikmojet; 10-31-2017 at 01:46 AM.