Thread: Critical game like them all

Hybrid View

Head Coach Material

Critical game like them all

Another loss Sunday in NJ will be the worst Falcons start to a season since 2014. A win would be 4-3, the same start to the 2016 season last year. hmmmm,...makes Sunday's game pretty important but there's a hurdle, a huge tall one,...the Jets.

Falcons fans, and probably lots of Falcons players thought facing the Bears, Lions, Dolphins and Bills would be automatic wins but ohhhhh no boys. The Falcons barely escaped Chicago and Detroit with wins and lost to the Bills and Phins. And I had known it wasn't gonna be pretty in Foxboro. Didn't expect it to be a Pats rout but equally didn't expect a Falcons win at all.

The Jets are one of those teams that gives the Falcons fits. Possession football, the D dedicated to stopping the run, somewhat a conservative approach. And those are the teams the Falcons have struggled with in the past two years.

Another loss will make the record 3-4. The Panthers and the surprising Saints both have winning records so with 4 losses, the Falcons will have to pretty much win out 2017 just to make the playoffs. A 9-7 record hardly assures a playoff spot in today's NFL unless the 9-7 team wins the division.

Good grief,...the Falcons are 4.5 points faves? You Jets fans have a chance to make some bettin' munny. Apparently Vegas thinks the Falcons are still the 2016 Super Bowl version when it's obvious they aren't even close offensively and defensively to last season. Everyone with any sense knew this year's offense couldn't match that performance, 7th best offense in NFL history stuff ya know. But the defense looks so,...lost it's puzzling.

And also,...OH NOOOO MISTER BILL! The Falcons will have to play a game in the elements too!

Well Bilal and the Jets weren't too much for you all and now enough B/S inter-conference games. Time to settle out with Carolina. Your least favorite QB has a strong Defense at his back this season.

Cats kill about 4 billion birds every year
    in the U.S. and Canada

Head Coach Material
    Well, Balil had a run last night which sealed the game for the Jets. You may not remember Darren Sproles,...a former Saint. He killed the Falcons with huge gains like that even once a game, so that's why I pointed him out. Yep, the Falcons contained the Jets run game, so I would rather praise the Falcons D than sayin' the Jets don't have a good run game.

Quote Originally Posted by Penumbra View Post
    Well, Balil had a run last night which sealed the game for the Jets...
    Yep I watched him too. I really admired all the J-E-T-S as a team in that game. They looked great in their uniforms, and their Defensive front dictated the game to the Bills QB. Powell was maybe as much a part of that team as anybody else, but me thinks McGuire got the ball more and, well Forte is their star.

The Jets do not always win when they ride the ground and pound. Much of their success depends on their Defensive situation, but Jets usually have a strong feature back. Think of Riggins. Forte is still playing but he may be better than Zonk over his entire career. Already he's got more yards from scrimmage in the NFL and has scored more TD's than Zonk.

Riggins ran for more NFL yards and TD's than Forte, but he was smaller and lighter than Zonk. One of the things that made Zonk the greatest was all about who the Fins featured with him in the backfield. Morris and especially Kiick played supporting roles, but I digress.

The early games shown down here will have all the NFC South teams. Can the Bucs shake out the Saints like the Jets did to the Bills?
    Last edited by Gundermerikan; 11-04-2017 at 05:25 PM.

Head Coach Material
    Quote Originally Posted by Gundermerikan View Post
    Can the Bucs shake out the Saints like the Jets did to the Bills?
    The Bucs have been disappointing and that's a surprise. Yeah, very well could be we'll see that happen. The Bucs have aaalllllll older Falcons coaches from their HC to the D-coor. But what the hell have they been feeding the Saints D? After being so awful now they're stout,...amazing cause I guess the notion that every NFL team has talent to win is not so far fetched.