Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Even without Darnold Jets should have a real shot at...

Even without Darnold Jets should have a real shot at...

Mayfield, Rudolph or Rosen. Cousins would be my first choice, they said the same things about Brees that Iím hearing about Cousins. He doesnít win in big games and blah, blah, blah... the truth is, the guy really only started playing back in 15 and since that time he owns the highest completion percentage and QBR in the league, has thrown for over 4,000 yards a season, last year he came close to 5,000. He is only 29 and with a good sturdy frame no reason to think he wonít have a long career in the NFL. The guy gets better and better every year.

Signing him would give us tremendous leverage come draft day.
    Ain't nobody better mess with the fine feathered figaro!

Quote Originally Posted by slikmojet View Post
    Mayfield, Rudolph or Rosen. Cousins would be my first choice, they said the same things about Brees that I’m hearing about Cousins. He doesn’t win in big games and blah, blah, blah... the truth is, the guy really only started playing back in 15 and since that time he owns the highest completion percentage and QBR in the league, has thrown for over 4,000 yards a season, last year he came close to 5,000. He is only 29 and with a good sturdy frame no reason to think he won’t have a long career in the NFL. The guy gets better and better every year.

Signing him would give us tremendous leverage come draft day.
    OK, you want me to "fight back"? Fine, I'll try engaging you yet again.

First off, no, they wont have a shot at most of those guys. Not if they win 6 or 7 games and are picking in the 12-20 range. Rosen is a top 3 and if Darnold stays in and Rudolph and Mayfoeld test well enough to be a first rounders then they will likely not slide that far. Not with all the teams potentially ahead of us (Cle, SF, NYG, AZ, Cin, maybe even Wsh if they let Cousins go) that need young QBs. Plus, even if he slides due to his height, Mayfield comes from the spread so he is going to need a LOT of development...somehtng you have said over and over you have no faith in the Jets ability to do. So there's that.

Second, as to Cousins, here is a little quiz. Please look at the 5 year stat line below and tell me who that QB is....

544 350 64.3 4,008 24 12 60T 90.7
    292 178 61.0 2,479 15 6 57 96.8
    574 365 63.6 4,370 24 12 60 92.0
    583 396 67.9 4,770 29 13 72T 98.6
    380 251 66.1 3,043 15 8 65 92.7

Finally, the ONLY reason SD let Brees walk was because he was a FA coming off a major shoudler injury, they were concerend about committing big dollars to him because of that injury, and they had the #1 overall pick in a QB rich draft and landed multple picks from the NYG to move down and take Rivers over Manning. Not seeing the corrolation to us there. AND Please explain to the group WHY Washington (aside from saying "they are dumb") would allow such an amazing QB to walk (if they do) without having a suitable replacement? And lets be frank...Brees (who is freakin 40 btw) is VERY MUCH the exception rather than the rule. 95% of the time if a team gives up on a QB, he does NOT find great success elsewhere. And I'm not banking 25 mil per and my teams next 4-6 years on those odds.
    Last edited by MSGold12; 10-25-2017 at 03:49 PM.

Mayfield yes. He's a day 2 pick.

Rosen and Rudolph and Darnold are all LONG GONE for us. But those 6 wins are gonna be so rewarding.

You don't really understand prospect QBs do you? Let me try to teach you something about how the NFL views QB prospects.

Darnold is still a top 2 pick. TODAY.
    Rosen is a top 2 pick. TODAY.
    Rudolph is a top 10 pick. TODAY.

Class dissmissed.
    Last edited by JWilly; 10-25-2017 at 05:13 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by JWilly View Post
    Mayfield yes. He's a day 2 pick.

Rosen and Rudolph and Darnold are all LONG GONE for us. But those 6 wins are gonna be so rewarding.

You don't really understand prospect QBs do you? Let me try to teach you something shot how the NFL views QB prospects.

Darnold is still a top 2 pick. TODAY.
    Rosen is a top 2 pick. TODAY.
    Rudolph is a top 10 pick. TODAY.

Class dissmissed.
    I've even seen a few Mocks that have Mayfield as a top 10-15 pick thanks to the success of shorty Wilson. But he doesnt come from a pro style O like Wilson did and will need a ton of development...something Slik has said multiple times he has no faith i this team to do. So I'm not understanding his arguement.

49ers browns cardnals giants cincy chargers , if you're not careful slik , 6 qbs could go fast.
    Giants cards bolts cincy could move on from their aging vets.. and browns will dump kizer for less than 2 mil hit
    I'm not worried our team was gutted for this purpose and we will lose way more games... we need to pick top 3 or the season is a failure

I can't see it. But hey maybe if he finishes really strong. So many prototypes this year, I could see him rising like that in a year with a bad crop of QBs.

But I do see those intangibles Slik is creaming about. I don't think he throws as good as Wilson did though. JMO and I've only watched him a little. But scouts and GMs like the big prototypes, we know this. And there is a reason!! History is truth.

I think top 3 is long gone. Sucks!!!!

I guarantee you Washington is not letting Cousins go without a fight. First of all Snyder was all in on RG3, even when it was evident that Cousins was the better QB, he kept pushing for RG3. Griffin had the number one selling jersey at the time, the stadium was packed. Snyder thought Griffin was the future, this is is the atmosphere Cousins came up on, they wanted him to be the backup, not the guy, this is why they tried to low ball him.

His real ascension takes place in 15, where he started every game and it continues now. Cousins has one of the quickest releases in the league if not the quickest, thatís why he completes so many passes and gets sacked so few times, he is always making positive plays and moving the team.

I donít think your anecdotal evidence here fits with Cousins, Snyder is said to be making real overtures now trying to get Cousins to sign. Something tells me he will listen but will go to the highest bidder.

Quote Originally Posted by JWilly View Post
    I think top 3 is long gone. Sucks!!!!
    Browns giants 49ers, Colts right there... your possibly looking at 4 qbs...

6 QBís in the top 15... Iím laughing my ass off! Make it 8 why donít you!

Kirk Cousins looks better than all of them, has a Marino like release:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EbU6GPeVhAo