Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Report: Sam Darnold unlikely to enter 2018 NFL Draft

Quote Originally Posted by jimmyjet52 View Post
    thats exactly what happened. and throw in some pass rush that was smothering him on a number of plays but everyone wants to make their point so you twist it ant way you want ....wentz was nothing short of spectacular. the guy is and will be great...but cousins is not bad at all. the only question is how much do you have to pay him. but you will get that eventually with a top pick too but without the worry that he could be a complete bust. cousins has proven that he can compete at a pretty high level, he is still young enough to say we still do not know for sure his ceiling........ or a top 10 qb in the 2018 draft that at this point we dont even know for sure the list and what order it will be in for sure.i think its a win win....we will have the money to buy in FA and the extra draft picks to move up too......
    Ret and Jimmy, Cousins WAS schooled by Wentz. Don't give me box scores and stats. One QB went out and lit up the scoreboard, the other simply did not. Sorry, but that is the WHOLE POINT of FQB. In a big game, when you are facing an opposing offense that is lighting up the board, you need to light it up EVEN MORE to still win. In a big game vs a dominant playoff caliber defense that smothers MOST offenses, you need to make ENOUGH plays to score ENOUGH points to win. That's the point of having a top QB. That's it. Cousins had a great stats night????? The OTHER QB had a greater one. The other QB won.

Cousins is getting paid $25m. Wentz is getting paid like $6m. Tell me who has a better FUTURE and chance to win a SB right now.

"Cousins has proven he can compete on a high level"?? Yes, to a "solid" degree he has, but be honest, he has LOST far far far more "Big games" than he has won. So has he "proven" he can win playoff games????? Absolutely 100% no he has not proven this. Last night was an example of why you might continue to DOUBT he is a big game, playoff winner QB.

Cousins has YET TO PROVE he is a $25m QB that can CARRY YOU through a game exactly like last night. When you get to a playoff game and the other QB scores 30 and yours scores 14 do you say, yeah but he put up great stats, it's the D's fault they let that other stud QB score so much? Well, you might. But whatever you decide to say about it, there is only one FACT, you LOST a playoff game and your QB was NOT the difference maker to get you a win. At $25m he has to be. Becauee at $25m you have LESS around him.

Right now, Cousins is a stats producer putting up big numbers vs weaker teams and LOSING to good teams. Very Tony Romo like to this point.

Oh and one last thing, one of his big stat TDs was in complete GARBAGE TIME, with the game beyond over.

Do you want Goff or Wentz or Cousins? No guarantee that next year's top guys will be as good, there never is, but can we please just at least see Cousins WIN A BIG GAME? Like just one? Before we throw $50m GUARANTEED at him???????

Quote Originally Posted by JWilly View Post
    Ret and Jimmy, Cousins WAS schooled by Wentz. Don't give me box scores and stats. One QB went out and lit up the scoreboard, the other simply did not. Sorry, but that is the WHOLE POINT of FQB. In a big game, when you are facing an opposing offense that is lighting up the board, you need to light it up EVEN MORE to still win. In a big game vs a dominant playoff caliber defense that smothers MOST offenses, you need to make ENOUGH plays to score ENOUGH points to win. That's the point of having a top QB. That's it. Cousins had a great stats night????? The OTHER QB had a greater one. The other QB won.

Cousins is getting paid $25m. Wentz is getting paid like $6m. Tell me who has a better FUTURE and chance to win a SB right now.

"Cousins has proven he can compete on a high level"?? Yes, to a "solid" degree he has, but be honest, he has LOST far far far more "Big games" than he has won. So has he "proven" he can win playoff games????? Absolutely 100% no he has not proven this. Last night was an example of why you might continue to DOUBT he is a big game, playoff winner QB.

Cousins has YET TO PROVE he is a $25m QB that can CARRY YOU through a game exactly like last night. When you get to a playoff game and the other QB scores 30 and yours scores 14 do you say, yeah but he put up great stats, it's the D's fault they let that other stud QB score so much? Well, you might. But whatever you decide to say about it, there is only one FACT, you LOST a playoff game and your QB was NOT the difference maker to get you a win. At $25m he has to be. Becauee at $25m you have LESS around him.

Right now, Cousins is a stats producer putting up big numbers vs weaker teams and LOSING to good teams. Very Tony Romo like to this point.

Oh and one last thing, one of his big stat TDs was in complete GARBAGE TIME, with the game beyond over.

Do you want Goff or Wentz or Cousins? No guarantee that next year's top guys will be as good, there never is, but can we please just at least see Cousins WIN A BIG GAME? Like just one? Before we throw $50m GUARANTEED at him???????
    i watched the game not going by boxscores...the philly front 4 was beastly all night...they were putting alot of pressure on him and he stayed in and played his heart out...wentz was better no doubt but to just blow off cousins is wrong and who is the one looking at boxscores? i could care less about the last td cousins scored in fact i did not even see that one i was just looking at how he played.if we are left out of the BIG qb SWEEPSTAKES this year cousins is a nice consolation prize....and this so called sweepstakes that we are taklking about is it so BIG ? do we know that for sure.i know many on this board were blowing off desean watson because they were comparing him to geno because of similar games how did that work out? last years qb crop might end up better then this year with mahomes potential and watson...and now we want to blow off cousins because we are sure he cant win a playoff game.....

Quote Originally Posted by JWilly View Post
    Meanwhile Cousins just got schooled by a #2 overall draft pick who was on NOBODY'S radar at this point in the college season the year he came out.

Another big game L for Cousins. Wentz and Goff dominating.

Yeah, let's just overpay for a vet. Cuz that has worked so well for us.

Neil O'Donnell says hi.
    Mayock loved him before most.

But it does give me hope.
    Last edited by ibleedgreen; 10-24-2017 at 03:31 PM.

Cousins played well last night. Would have liked to see what Wentz could have done against the Eagles pass rush with the great Terrell Pryor as a starting wide out

I was one of those who said I need to see more from Cousins against top defenses. The last two games i saw last night and against the Chiefs he is starting to show me something. Not sure yet if i want to give him $25 million per, but he seems to be getting better and better and other than Jordan Reed his receivers are dog shit.

Quote Originally Posted by JetsMan57 View Post
    Cousins played well last night. Would have liked to see what Wentz could have done against the Eagles pass rush with the great Terrell Pryor as a starting wide out

I was one of those who said I need to see more from Cousins against top defenses. The last two games i saw last night and against the Chiefs he is starting to show me something. Not sure yet if i want to give him $25 million per, but he seems to be getting better and better and other than Jordan Reed his receivers are dog shit.
    BINGO.....i forgot to mention cousins supporting cast and even jordan reed is not jordan reed....botom line is exactly right...i am not sure 100% i would give cousins 25 either but to just blow it off makes no sense either....so instead of having 2 ways to improve our qb position thru the draft or FA we are going to decide it thru the draft only......

Who's "blowing him off". We are all talking about the price. The $25m IS the point. And it isn't $25m by the way. It's going to be more like a $50m or even MORE guaranteed commitment. Compared to the draft picks who will coss less than half that.

Nobody is saying blow Cousins off. We are saying if your giving a guy north of $50m he maybe perhaps should have CARRIED a team once or twice in some actual "big games". Last night was HUGE HUGE game. And he wasnt enough. His cast isn't good enough? His D isn't good enough? That's WHY you pay a QB $25m. To overcome that. And at that price it's harder to round out a roster around him so he has to be able to win with less help.

You guys both just said what I said!!!! "Not sure if I'm giving him $25m". Last night was an opportunity and he made me LESS want to pay him $25m. Another huge game. Another loss.

Yeah, cuz he's a PROTOTYPE. Just like about 4 guys we already know about coming out this year. And maybe there's another yet to be seen. Boy, what a great draft to be top 2 in. Oh well.

Team Owner
    Redskins have one of the best o-lines in the NFL & a solid defense from what I've been reading

Pryor, Reed, Crowder & Thompson out of the backfield are plenty good, who the hell is Wentz throwing too? An overrated Alshon Jeffery and not much else

Cousins is great if you like going 8-8 every season

Josh Norman says hello from the bench ... was skrine his replacement ?