Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Report: Sam Darnold unlikely to enter 2018 NFL Draft

It doesn’t matter who’s there or if we pick first overall, we will most likely pass on the QB and pick the wrong one. it is Wu Tank Karma.
    Last edited by slikmojet; 10-24-2017 at 01:18 AM.
    Ain't nobody better mess with the fine feathered figaro!

Quote Originally Posted by pope View Post
    There are plenty of threads talking about the 2018 qb class that debunk sliks constant lying

I still hope the jets lose every single game left on their schedule, Darnold or no Darnold because there are going to be other solid options as has been stated numerous times in numerous threads

Slik get ready to get a thrill up your leg tonight with Capt. Kirk
    I'd rather have Carson Wentz!

Team Owner
    Quote Originally Posted by ibleedgreen View Post
    I'd rather have Carson Wentz!
    I just looked at the box score.

That's exactly the point, draft a stud qb at the top of the draft

Slik & GGbit will forever be the fooled

Cousins is a top notch human but I don't want him as the Jets qb

Meanwhile Cousins just got schooled by a #2 overall draft pick who was on NOBODY'S radar at this point in the college season the year he came out.

Another big game L for Cousins. Wentz and Goff dominating.

Yeah, let's just overpay for a vet. Cuz that has worked so well for us.

Neil O'Donnell says hi.

If Darnold stays for another year, her could get "Hacked". I'm reading that USC made some offensive scheme changes and lost some talent or had injuries that are contributing to Darnold's regression.

Quote Originally Posted by JWilly View Post
    Meanwhile Cousins just got schooled by a #2 overall draft pick who was on NOBODY'S radar at this point in the college season the year he came out.

Another big game L for Cousins. Wentz and Goff dominating.

Yeah, let's just overpay for a vet. Cuz that has worked so well for us.

Neil O'Donnell says hi.
    First of all I have to say I am only going off of the box score as I have been successfully boycotting NFL games on regular TV until they fix their protest problem, so I only have the box score & info I read on line to go by.

I don't know about Cousin's getting "schooled", to me it looks more like it was the Skins pass D that got "schooled" as they gave up 4 TD passes to Wentz.

From the box score & the following blurb it sounds like Cousins had another pretty good game:

"Redskins' Kirk Cousins: Throws three touchdowns in loss

by RotoWire Staff | RotoWire

Cousins completed 30 of 40 passes for 303 yards, three touchdowns and an interception in Monday night's 34-24 loss to the Eagles. He also rushed three times for 18 yards.
    Cousins was responsible for all of Washington's end-zone trips, which all occurred from inside the red zone. With two touchdowns to tight end Jordan Reed and another to tailback Chris Thompson, though, Cousins once again didn't get much production out of his wide receivers. In fact, none of the Redskins wideouts topped 40 yards. To his credit, Cousins has still tossed for 300 yards three times in his past four outings, while totaling 11 touchdowns versus two interceptions over that span as well. That illustrates the signal caller's strong form ahead of Sunday's next divisional matchup, a home date with the Cowboys."

P.S. - I am not lobbying for Cousins as IMO the chances of us signing him are very low for a variety of reasons, mainly that if he keeps on playing like he is & stays healthy the Skins have no choice but to either tag him again or sign him to a long term contract; just adding my thoughts to the conversation.
    Last edited by ret2ski; 10-24-2017 at 12:29 PM.
    "On to 2017"

Quote Originally Posted by ret2ski View Post
    First of all I have to say I am only going off of the box score as I have been successfully boycotting NFL games on regular TV until they fix their protest problem, so I only have the box score & info I read on line to go by.

I don't know about Cousin's getting "schooled", to me it looks more like it was the Skins pass D that got "schooled" as they gave up 4 TD passes to Wentz.

From the box score & the following blurb it sounds like Cousins had another pretty good game:

"Redskins' Kirk Cousins: Throws three touchdowns in loss

by RotoWire Staff | RotoWire

Cousins completed 30 of 40 passes for 303 yards, three touchdowns and an interception in Monday night's 34-24 loss to the Eagles. He also rushed three times for 18 yards.
    Cousins was responsible for all of Washington's end-zone trips, which all occurred from inside the red zone. With two touchdowns to tight end Jordan Reed and another to tailback Chris Thompson, though, Cousins once again didn't get much production out of his wide receivers. In fact, none of the Redskins wideouts topped 40 yards. To his credit, Cousins has still tossed for 300 yards three times in his past four outings, while totaling 11 touchdowns versus two interceptions over that span as well. That illustrates the signal caller's strong form ahead of Sunday's next divisional matchup, a home date with the Cowboys."

P.S. - I am not lobbying for Cousins as IMO the chances of us signing him are very low for a variety of reasons, mainly that if he keeps on playing like he is & stays healthy the Skins have no choice but to either tag him again or sign him to a long term contract; just adding my thoughts to the conversation.
    thats exactly what happened. and throw in some pass rush that was smothering him on a number of plays but everyone wants to make their point so you twist it ant way you want ....wentz was nothing short of spectacular. the guy is and will be great...but cousins is not bad at all. the only question is how much do you have to pay him. but you will get that eventually with a top pick too but without the worry that he could be a complete bust. cousins has proven that he can compete at a pretty high level, he is still young enough to say we still do not know for sure his ceiling........ or a top 10 qb in the 2018 draft that at this point we dont even know for sure the list and what order it will be in for sure.i think its a win win....we will have the money to buy in FA and the extra draft picks to move up too......

Quote Originally Posted by JWilly View Post
    Just draft a damn QB. We'll get our 3rd or 4th choice instead of our 1st but that's who we are, bad at just about everything. Bad at winning, bad at tanking. Oh, and also really really really bad at signing vet QBs and then winning with them. But hey, you wanna try that one again, can't wait.

We coulda had the best or 2nd best rated QB coming out. Now we can have the 3rd or 4th best rated QB coming out. IT'S NOT ABOUT DARNOLD!! it's about WHOEVER rates #1, then #2, then #3 and so on. We coulda been there for THOSE guys, whoever they are. instead we'll offer cousins $30m, then he'll sign with SF for $32m. Then we'll suck again, but never quite enough to get a QB in the draft.

The Jets. Never good enough. never bad enough. Just generally sh!tty but never sh!tty enough to get a GAME CHANGER QB,
    At least someone gets it...

Quote Originally Posted by pope View Post
    Was never only about Darnold, there are others like Rosen, Rudolph and the late risers that would have been nice to choose from but oh well

Next year Fitz 3.0 will entertain the hell out of Slik & Bit with 5 to 8 magical wins
    Again...thankfully some "get it".

Philly is a very good football team. and with this young Aaron rodgers playing like he is, they might go to the big game