Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Report: Sam Darnold unlikely to enter 2018 NFL Draft

Report: Sam Darnold unlikely to enter 2018 NFL Draft

Report: Sam Darnold unlikely to enter 2018 NFL Draft

USC QB Sam Darnold is unlikely to leave school and enter the 2018 NFL Draft after the season, a source told Benjamin Allbright of 104.7 FM in Colorado.

The 3-4 Jets, who many expected to be in play for the No.1 overall pick, are in a six-way tie for the seventh-worst record in the NFL.

The 20-year-old Darnold has completed 183 of 288 passes for 2,292 yards with 17 touchdowns and 10 interceptions in eight games this season for the 6-2 Trojans.

Darnold said before the season*that a report that he might remain in school instead of entering the 2018 Draft did not come from him, but remained vague about his future.

"I don't really have many thoughts about that," he said. "I don't think any team should tank their season because of me. I'm just taking this every day, one day at a time. That's all I can do."
    "I'm looking forward to whatever lies ahead of my future," he said. "But I'm really just taking it one day at a time."

Darnold completed 246 of 366 passes for 3,086 yards with 31 touchdowns and nine interceptions in 12 regular season games last season. He went 33-for-53 for 453 yards with five touchdowns and one interception during USC's 52-49 Rose Bowl win over Penn State on Jan. 2.

The last time the Jets had the first overall pick in the Draft was 1997, when QB*Peyton Manning*decided to return to play his final year at Tennessee instead of entering the Draft.

"I'm having an incredible experience as a student-athlete at Tennessee,''*Manning said at the time*"But if I'm good enough to play in the NFL, as many experts say I am, then I can only be better after one more season
    "On to 2017"

He'd be nuts if he did declare.

Quote Originally Posted by JetsMan57 View Post
    He'd be nuts if he did declare.
    Still, I hope the tankers (Niners & Browns) are eating their hearts out.

Not really a soliloquy, more like I know I’m right. I thought long and hard about it before deciding to root for wins is best whether we win or not. I knee something like this would happen.

This madness began when Darnold beat Penn State in the Rose Bowl, but it doesn’t need to end now, IBG, Willy, Pope, Gator... should I sign you guys up for 16 more? We will need to tankin 18 as well you know!

I don’t ask MSG because I know he’s on auto pilot tank mode.
    Last edited by slikmojet; 10-23-2017 at 10:22 PM.
    Ain't nobody better mess with the fine feathered figaro!

Team Owner
    Was never only about Darnold, there are others like Rosen, Rudolph and the late risers that would have been nice to choose from but oh well

Next year Fitz 3.0 will entertain the hell out of Slik & Bit with 5 to 8 magical wins

Bwhahahaha!!! Yeah right! You know you were all in the tank for Darnold or nothing, so you started rooting for losses even before the season started and now that your golden boy has left you at the altar, you want to pretend it is what you wsnted all along... You are in Wu tank hell and you know it... Bwhahahahahaha!!! Now you don’t know whether to sneeze or scratch your ass, serves you well for selling out!
    Ain't nobody better mess with the fine feathered figaro!

Just draft a damn QB. We'll get our 3rd or 4th choice instead of our 1st but that's who we are, bad at just about everything. Bad at winning, bad at tanking. Oh, and also really really really bad at signing vet QBs and then winning with them. But hey, you wanna try that one again, can't wait.

We coulda had the best or 2nd best rated QB coming out. Now we can have the 3rd or 4th best rated QB coming out. IT'S NOT ABOUT DARNOLD!! it's about WHOEVER rates #1, then #2, then #3 and so on. We coulda been there for THOSE guys, whoever they are. instead we'll offer cousins $30m, then he'll sign with SF for $32m. Then we'll suck again, but never quite enough to get a QB in the draft.

The Jets. Never good enough. never bad enough. Just generally sh!tty but never sh!tty enough to get a GAME CHANGER QB,

Quote Originally Posted by JWilly View Post
    Just draft a damn QB. We'll get our 3rd or 4th choice instead of our 1st but that's who we are, bad at just about everything. Bad at winning, bad at tanking. Oh, and also really really really bad at signing vet QBs and then winning with them. But hey, you wanna try that one again, can't wait.

We coulda had the best or 2nd best rated QB coming out. Now we can have the 3rd or 4th best rated QB coming out. IT'S NOT ABOUT DARNOLD!! it's about WHOEVER rates #1, then #2, then #3 and so on. We coulda been there for THOSE guys, whoever they are. instead we'll offer cousins $30m, then he'll sign with SF for $32m. Then we'll suck again, but never quite enough to get a QB in the draft.

The Jets. Never good enough. never bad enough. Just generally sh!tty but never sh!tty enough to get a GAME CHANGER QB,
    They passed on Deshaun Watson in April. They passed on Prescott took Hackennberg instead as the papers have pointed out.

They passed on Russell Wilson.

Hire better scouts? Grow some balls to make moves that need to be made? Then cross your fingers.

Keep drafting **** at QB, passing on good ones obviously something is terribly wrong with how they evaluate these guys.

Team Owner
    There are plenty of threads talking about the 2018 qb class that debunk sliks constant lying

I still hope the jets lose every single game left on their schedule, Darnold or no Darnold because there are going to be other solid options as has been stated numerous times in numerous threads

Slik get ready to get a thrill up your leg tonight with Capt. Kirk
    Last edited by pope; 10-24-2017 at 12:10 AM.