Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The flag parade was having a field day on us...

The flag parade was having a field day on us...

Some of those were good calls, but man, we got jobbed again! I counted at least four BS calls. The most glaring was the one on Skrine on 3rd and goal, that would’ve given the Find a FG instead if a TD.
    Ain't nobody better mess with the fine feathered figaro!

It's getting to the point were the game is no longer enjoyable... there was a sack on red zone where the linebacker shot in and hit the QB in the chest he was called for roughing.. the nfl is over ....

Quote Originally Posted by AFL12 View Post
    It's getting to the point were the game is no longer enjoyable... there was a sack on red zone where the linebacker shot in and hit the QB in the chest he was called for roughing.. the nfl is over ....

Hard to beat the team and the refs. I hate to hlame it on the reffs but when it’s blatant and one sided you have to wonder.

It’s infuriating to sit there and see flag after flag after flag after flag completely changing the outcome of the game. 12 penalties today, and at leadt 4 were total bullshit. Yhere were makeup calls but you could tell they wanted Miami to win.

The PI on Skrine was just BS.
    Last edited by slikmojet; 10-23-2017 at 03:11 AM.
    Ain't nobody better mess with the fine feathered figaro!

They were awful again.

Still they had a 14 points lead going into the fourth quarter with backup scrub Matt Moore at QB.

Jets choked. One of the biggest in franchise history I think.

Jets choked.

End of story.

The NFL wants the Jets to have a FQB and is making sure we have a high enough draft pick.

Quote Originally Posted by AFL12 View Post
    completely agree, its not football anymore.. the refs have become the most important people on the field. you can not enjoy a play until 5 seconds after its completed. some of the roughing calls have become obnoxious. when a team completely wins the play and gets called for a helmit to helmit when the player moves his head down right before he is hit is a joke. and if i hear one more time from the announcers that the nfl is trying to make the game safer i will puke. the OL holding is every play but only gets called when the ref decides to call it.last week going into the 4th qauter the pats had -0- penalties to our 5 or 6......then when the pats get the 2 score lead and after they steal our TD they get an ol holding call so when you look at the penalties at end of game it looks more presentable. ....bullshit......that fckn team holds more then anyone it just is not called. the game is not the game antmore. it has been completely dismantled and destroyed and i still watch. i thin k i need to get my head examined for post concussion symptoms or something.....

I was having this discussion with someone yesterday during the game. The officials completely suffocate the games. Its gotten to the point where after a successful play for the Jets on O or D I am just waiting for the flag to come in. For a collision sport you cant touch anybody anymore. They've made it unenjoyable to watch games.

There were like 8 flags in teh first 7 minutes of the Pats game too. I just went to sleep.

Quote Originally Posted by JetsMan57 View Post
    I was having this discussion with someone yesterday during the game. The officials completely suffocate the games. Its gotten to the point where after a successful play for the Jets on O or D I am just waiting for the flag to come in. For a collision sport you cant touch anybody anymore. They've made it unenjoyable to watch games.

There were like 8 flags in teh first 7 minutes of the Pats game too. I just went to sleep.
    i went to sleep too because of the flags last night....i was looking for a reason as soon as i sat down at 8;30 to watch and immediately the game was being stopped every other play....its obnoxious not fun at all anymore

Quote Originally Posted by JetsMan57 View Post

But hey, they let them act like idiots after TDs again.. LOL

Unwatchable over-officiated mess.

Quote Originally Posted by jimmyjet52 View Post
    completely agree, its not football anymore.. the refs have become the most important people on the field. you can not enjoy a play until 5 seconds after its completed. some of the roughing calls have become obnoxious. when a team completely wins the play and gets called for a helmit to helmit when the player moves his head down right before he is hit is a joke. and if i hear one more time from the announcers that the nfl is trying to make the game safer i will puke. the OL holding is every play but only gets called when the ref decides to call it.last week going into the 4th qauter the pats had -0- penalties to our 5 or 6......then when the pats get the 2 score lead and after they steal our TD they get an ol holding call so when you look at the penalties at end of game it looks more presentable. ....bullshit......that fckn team holds more then anyone it just is not called. the game is not the game antmore. it has been completely dismantled and destroyed and i still watch. i thin k i need to get my head examined for post concussion symptoms or something.....
    The NFL has to go back to it's roots. No other sport has this problem.

Other sports make changes too but at their core the sport is still the sport. Basketball is still basketball. Hockey is still hockey. Baseball is still baseball. Soccer is still soccer.

I can't say that about the NFL. They've damaged the essence of the game and they've done it in a VERY short amount of time.

These billionaires have become so obsessed with ratings & money they don't care about the sport. When they used to brag about how great their ratings were I used to think to myself just because people are watching that doesn't mean they're happy with what they're seeing.

Their ratings are dropping. The fans who are watching doesn't = happy customers. I am NOT happy with what I'm seeing haven't for years. I watch because I love football yeah football Sundays is a habit of mine. Nothing lasts forever.

I could go on and on and on and on and on with what's wrong with the league.

If the league wants to turn things around step #1 get Goodell out of there. People don't like him. When I read how much he makes per year it angers me will they do it? Of course not they're a bunch of arrogant aholes who don't care what the fans think.

They're in trouble and it's only going to get worse in a few years when there's a mass exodus of star QBs.