Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Excellant - NFL ratings down 7.5 percent through Week 6

Quote Originally Posted by AFL12 View Post
    Lmao, theology doesn't work like that GG.. we'd all be dead. Btw, how is saint tebow doing...which A league is it
    https://247sports.com/Bolt/Ken-Griff...tors-108801125

It's not pure football anymore not the way it used to be.

The NFL has been desperately trying to recreate the Greatest Show on Turf but they forget two things that offense did it when defenses were still allowed to play defense and that offense had a GREAT RB to balance out their offense it wasn't
    just pass, pass, pass, pass with a Joe Blow RB by committee.

That's why that offense is remembered as the greatest offense ever.

Another thing this obsession of theirs with so called player safety yet they still want offenses to pass pass pass pass pass which leaves QBs exposed to more hits/injury.

See Andrew Luck & Aaron Rodgers.

They need to bring football back to its roots. Bring back the running game REAL running games POWER rushing offenses oh how I HATE seeing teams in second, third & short situation with a empty backfield or if they run it's some misdirection pu$$y running call. Get the FB in there, I-formation ram the football in there for the first down!!!

People want to see the oooooooooh hard hits without some BS penalty called after.

It is what it is they can't turn football into something it was never intended to be still call it football.

The man the championship trophy is named after Vince Lombardi said it best

Football is not a contact sport it's a collision sport.

If these concussion people want to take them to court 32 bilionaires can't fight it in court FOREVER. Fight them!!
    Last edited by ganggreen76; 10-19-2017 at 09:41 PM.

TV ratings show most NFL teams losing local support

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...local-support/

Posted by Michael David Smith on October 19, 2017, 9:04 AM EDT
    Getty Images

The NFLís national television ratings are down 7.5 percent this year, but itís not just the national TV audience thatís struggling: The vast majority of teams are seeing their local ratings down as well.

According to Albert Breer of TheMMQB.com, 25 of 31 teams are drawing lower local numbers than they did in 2016. The Chargers arenít included in that number because theyíre playing in a new market this year, although itís clear that the Chargers are struggling with their local fan base as well.

Most teams in the NFL are down by more than 5 percent. The Jets, playing in Americaís biggest television market, are down a whopping 37 percent.Only three teams ó the Chiefs, Buccaneers and Lions ó have improved their local ratings by more than 5 percent.

Ratings fluctuate from week to week and year to year, and the NFL has mostly shrugged off the ratings decline of the last two years. But when virtually every team in the league is drawing fewer viewers on local television than last year, that points to a bigger problem than the NFL has publicly acknowledged.

Quote Originally Posted by SOF.Gator View Post
    http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...local-support/

Posted by Michael David Smith on October 19, 2017, 9:04 AM EDT
    Getty Images

The NFLís national television ratings are down 7.5 percent this year, but itís not just the national TV audience thatís struggling: The vast majority of teams are seeing their local ratings down as well.

According to Albert Breer of TheMMQB.com, 25 of 31 teams are drawing lower local numbers than they did in 2016. The Chargers arenít included in that number because theyíre playing in a new market this year, although itís clear that the Chargers are struggling with their local fan base as well.

Most teams in the NFL are down by more than 5 percent. The Jets, playing in Americaís biggest television market, are down a whopping 37 percent.Only three teams ó the Chiefs, Buccaneers and Lions ó have improved their local ratings by more than 5 percent.

Ratings fluctuate from week to week and year to year, and the NFL has mostly shrugged off the ratings decline of the last two years. But when virtually every team in the league is drawing fewer viewers on local television than last year, that points to a bigger problem than the NFL has publicly acknowledged.

Once they signed up with the radical left and anti-American agenda it was over.

I hadn't thought about this at all but I was reading this article just now about how people in St. Louis feel about the Rams doing well so far in 2017.

https://www.si.com/nfl/2017/11/01/st...s-rams-success

It hit me this is another reason why they're ratings are going down the cr@pper.

The Rams move from St. Louis. The Chargers move from San Diego. The Raiders move from Oakland.

They've alienated three former die hard NFL cities.

If the Jets ever moved to another city I'd be miserable. The last thing I would want to watch for a very long time is NFL football.

Sooooo greedy. Soooo badly run this league is right now.