Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 11

Thread: OT- I'm sorry IBG but....

  1. #1

    OT- I'm sorry IBG but....

    ...I forgot, what was the name again of that obscure Red Sox player who has produced nada in pressure post season situations that you claim you'd take over Aaron Judge???????



    ALL RISE!!!!!!!

  2. #2
    Jets Moderator ret2ski's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Palm Coast, Fl.
    Posts
    35,952
    Are we headed for a classic Dodger- Yankee WS?

    It's beginning to look that way!
    "On to 2017"

  3. #3
    Haha, took you a while to get that off your chest.

    Yeah, throw the kid a hanger and he'll check swing a ball off the left field fence. Nice breakout for Sanchez too.

    Obviously he's a great power hitter, and had a couple clutch hits the past two games. But his "JoBu curse" is not vanquished just yet .. not by a long shot. And he's still a decent OFer at best, and sucks on the bases. Not exactly a plus arm either.

    But hey, congrats. They held serve. They'll need to win a game in Houston at some point.
    Last edited by ibleedgreen; 10-18-2017 at 01:59 PM.

  4. #4
    Quote Originally Posted by ret2ski View Post
    Are we headed for a classic Dodger- Yankee WS?

    It's beginning to look that way!
    I'd go with the original Brooklyn Bombers!

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by ibleedgreen View Post
    Haha, took you a while to get that off your chest.

    Yeah, throw the kid a hanger and he'll check swing a ball off the left field fence. Nice breakout for Sanchez too.

    Obviously he's a great power hitter, and had a couple clutch hits the past two games. But his "JoBu curse" is not vanquished just yet .. not by a long shot. And he's still a decent OFer at best, and sucks on the bases. Not exactly a plus arm either.

    But hey, congrats. They held serve. They'll need to win a game in Houston at some point.
    Im just f-ing with you. Sox have some serious young talent too and it should be a great rivalry for years to come. Plus until last night it was not easy to pump Judge when he was K-ing 4 times a game!!!

    As for Judge, he is a MUCH better OF then you are giving him credit for. He's not Winfield out there but he has made some tremendous plays and is crazy atheltic for a guy his size. As to his hitting, yeah he needs work on the Ks but the guy had a .420 OB% as a rookie! He has shown he can hit to all fields AND his raw power is just unreal. Plus the guy was hitting close to .330 before his horrific slump after the all-star break and still hit .285 for the year. To imply he's 'just a power hitter" tells me you didnt see him play very much this year. And until they catch him doing HGH and/or roids I am going to naively assume hes just naturally that big and strong. BL...guy is a STUD!

    But BL...this Yankee run is all house money. Even to this point where the bar has been raised. This was predicted to be an 81-84 win team and they won 91, knocked off the best team in the AL after being down 2-0, and are at Game 5 in the ALCS. Not too bad for a team that lost Bird, Sanchez, Castro, DiDi, Holliday, Ellsbury, Chapman, CC, and Hicks ALL for extended periods this year. AND still have their #1 prospect coming up as well as a few more pitchers.

    Yanks are going to be awfully good for a while now and this playoff experience (that the Sox kids did not get wiht thier quicky in and out playoff appearance this year) will only help.

  6. #6
    Celebrating in the 2nd Deck
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Tennessee
    Posts
    289
    "And he's still a decent OFer at best, and sucks on the bases. Not exactly a plus arm either." and don't forget he strikes out at a pace never recorded before.......but with the Yankees down and the Astros feeling giddy he jump starts the entire stadium with a 450 ft cheapie. All as a 25 yr old rookie that has never been in the postseason before.
    Your boy is a heck of a player but he's home and Judge is not. In baseball parlance that speaks volumes.

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by MSGold12 View Post
    Im just f-ing with you. Sox have some serious young talent too and it should be a great rivalry for years to come. Plus until last night it was not easy to pump Judge when he was K-ing 4 times a game!!!

    As for Judge, he is a MUCH better OF then you are giving him credit for. He's not Winfield out there but he has made some tremendous plays and is crazy atheltic for a guy his size. As to his hitting, yeah he needs work on the Ks but the guy had a .420 OB% as a rookie! He has shown he can hit to all fields AND his raw power is just unreal. Plus the guy was hitting close to .330 before his horrific slump after the all-star break and still hit .285 for the year. To imply he's 'just a power hitter" tells me you didnt see him play very much this year. And until they catch him doing HGH and/or roids I am going to naively assume hes just naturally that big and strong. BL...guy is a STUD!

    But BL...this Yankee run is all house money. Even to this point where the bar has been raised. This was predicted to be an 81-84 win team and they won 91, knocked off the best team in the AL after being down 2-0, and are at Game 5 in the ALCS. Not too bad for a team that lost Bird, Sanchez, Castro, DiDi, Holliday, Ellsbury, Chapman, CC, and Hicks ALL for extended periods this year. AND still have their #1 prospect coming up as well as a few more pitchers.

    Yanks are going to be awfully good for a while now and this playoff experience (that the Sox kids did not get wiht thier quicky in and out playoff appearance this year) will only help.
    I can't argue with any of that.. I am only going on what I have seen of the head-to-head match-ups and the playoffs thus far. I remember loving Reggie, and he was similar. Struck out a lot but them hit balls out of the stadium! But then again, I was like 10. LOL

    You are right about the rivalry, but the Yanks have a HUGE edge in pitching right now, even against Houston. Getting the good Tanaka (sp?) consistently and CC pitching like Maddux in his prime is crazy. I'm just surprised the Houston bats have gone so cold as they were red hot against the Sox. Then again, the Sox pitchers were either wearing down, have a history of choking in the playoffs, or both. The irony is David Price was their best arm! LOL

    (BTW, many had the Papi-less Sox winning in the mid-80's too...even with the Sale acquisition..)
    Last edited by ibleedgreen; 10-18-2017 at 03:35 PM.

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by Jesus Jet View Post
    "And he's still a decent OFer at best, and sucks on the bases. Not exactly a plus arm either." and don't forget he strikes out at a pace never recorded before.......but with the Yankees down and the Astros feeling giddy he jump starts the entire stadium with a 450 ft cheapie. All as a 25 yr old rookie that has never been in the postseason before.
    Your boy is a heck of a player but he's home and Judge is not. In baseball parlance that speaks volumes.
    You speak-a the truth JJ...just hate that I can't hate the guy, if you know what I mean.

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by ibleedgreen View Post
    You speak-a the truth JJ...just hate that I can't hate the guy, if you know what I mean.
    Its true...overall this is the most "likeable" Yankees team since 1996. Because they arent a bunch of over 30, high paid mercenaries. Its a great mix of kids and vets wiht very few (if any) prima donnas.

  10. #10
    One more and Yanks are in the series!
    Need Gardner to get hot.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO