Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Eagles are on top of the NFC, and their schedule gets easier

Eagles are on top of the NFC, and their schedule gets easier

profootballtalk.nbcsports.com

The Eagles’ win over the Panthers on Thursday night gave Philadelphia a 5-1 record, the best in the NFC. But their playoff position is even stronger than that.

Philadelphia’s schedule only gets easier the rest of the way,
    meaning that even if the Eagles don’t play quite as well over their last 10 games as they have over their first six, there are a lot of winnable games left on the schedule. The Eagles only play three games the rest of the season against teams that currently have winning records.

That’s in large part because Philadelphia’s early schedule was heavy on road games. The Eagles are the only team in the NFL that has already played four road games, but they now get a long home stretch: They’re at home against Washington, San Francisco and Denver the next three weeks, and then they have their bye. The Eagles don’t travel again for more than a month; their next road game is at Dallas on November 19.

After that game at Dallas, the Eagles get benefit from their easy schedule again with a home game against the Bears. The Eagles finished last in the NFC East last year and the Bears finished last in the NFC North, so the Eagles get that easy game against the Bears on their schedule. Philadelphia’s NFC East rivals have already suffered from a tougher schedule against the NFC North, as the Cowboys lost to the Packers and the Giants lost to the Lions. (Washington plays Minnesota in Week 10.)

A lot can happen over the course of 10 remaining games, but the Eagles already have a two-game lead in the NFC East, and they have every reason to be optimistic that lead will grow.

Kick back and enjoy this season .
    "E-A-G-L-E-S ... EAGLES!"

I think the Skins are the real team to beat in the N.F.C.E. division. They'll have no worry against the 49'ers, so get prepared to meet them again next week. All it takes is another loss and at that point Yule both have two. Nice work polishing off the Panthers Thursday night, though.

By polishing them off, the Eagles helped eliminate the Falcons' competition from their playoff berth.

You visited here and talked about my team and you didn't even mention anything positive about my team itself ; the only mention of my team was in it's relation to other teams.
    If you want to debate the merits of my team - you got the floor ...OR....Are you carrying someone elses water ?

PS - I think maybe the Jets Addicts 'Off Topic Lounge' blog may have something to do with it also ?
    Last edited by Talon_60; 10-14-2017 at 06:32 PM.

Gundermerikan :
    By polishing them off, the Eagles helped eliminate the Falcons' competition from their playoff berth.
    That may not be the case after the falcons choked against the phins.
    This from the TATF the offical falcon blog site :

* Posted 3 hours ago · Report post

4 hours ago, I give lengthy responses said:

Dan Quinn is all rah rah bullsh*t. Any coach who blows a 25 point lead in the Super Bowl is a joke. Then to blow another 3 score lead against the Miami Dolphins. Guy is a choker.

The Falcons are chokers. Always have been and always will be. That appears like it will never change. Ownership change, front office changes, coaches change, players change, losing doesn't change. It's the curse of being an Atlanta sports fan.
    Quote *

The natives are becoming restless !

Quote Originally Posted by Talon_60 View Post
    You visited here and talked about my team and you didn't even mention anything positive about my team itself; the only mention of my team was in it's relation to other teams. If you want to debate the merits of my team - you got the floor... I think maybe the Jets Addicts 'Off Topic Lounge' blog may have something to do with it also?
    Please go back, re-read the script where it says, Nice work polishing off the Panthers Thursday night, though by polishing them off, the Eagles helped eliminate the Falcons' competition from their playoff... Nice work is a positive thing in my book even if double-edge swords come up. I never compared the Eagles to other teams and truth is I cannot do it. I have yet to see the Wentz game.

But I'd watched the Sunday night game Skins vs. Chiefs and I agree with Silk's pitch on Cousins, but that was not posted on Off-Topic. As a matter of fact you can compare my own posts in the OTL to that of 2 years ago and I believe they are down by 95%. They just re-hash their tired old trite over and over again, so why repeat myself then? Even Bit doesn't bother anymore and he's a Jet Fan!

Well spoken .

Ok so who won the QB duel, basically depends on who's got the better O.L. right? Hey Wentz is the real deal though I was impressed. Maybe the best ever.

It's not always about the O-line , It's the QB and the decisions he makes and how he uses the skills he pocesses .

Quote Originally Posted by Talon_60 View Post
    It's not always about the O-line , It's the QB and the decisions he makes and how he uses the skills he processes.
    Probably its a combination of O-L and QB then? Truthfully I like K/C better than C/W. The reason is same as yours, decisions he Wentz with came out Ok this time, but watch it. Cousins though made altogether sane decisions and borne out his over 110 QB rating. Really the Int. was a result of your Blitz guy hitting his arm. That's better play than average for him so far this season, up against the mean Eagles D and missing O'L starters.

Overall Wentz did make a dramatic improvement in his rating this season. His completion pct. and consistency is not like Cousins, instead your QB takes on risky throws that somehow pay out so far. Whatever those QB coaches tell typical second-year QBs not to do, he does.

Overall I didn't think Eagles would win after their first series on offense. You got a series of penalties and so instead of punting he Wentz and heaves a long ball that, he hoped, would be intercepted instead of the Eagles taking a more difficult punt. Risks were taken, penalties mounted up on top of the brutal injuries... all that can come back at you!

Smile

I don't know if i should even respond to your response , err , excuse . I'm trying to figure out whether you were a 'skins fan in your earlier days or visa versa with the 'phins . Fact : 'skins got their azz kicked twice this season with Wentz at the helm .
    Oh yeah , better get your 49er gear ready 'cause Cousins is headin' west , my friend !
    Seems Daniel doesn't share your view of Cousins worth , after two franchise tags in a row , Cousins is unrestricted at seasons end . ha ha ha . With any owner that stupid the 'skins are doomed.