Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Drew Brees also a real possibility...

Coach in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by JWilly View Post
    After all we've been through, you really want to just steamroll right back down this path? Hurry up, blow our load on aging, just about to be done vets, so that they can come here, have one optimistic season, win 10 games, go 0-1 or 1-1 in the playoffs, come back the following year, a little older, a little slower, for an agonizing just miss the playoffs 9-7, then follow that with a declining, wall hitting, salary cap bursting 5-11, FIRE EVERYBODY, and start praying for a tank job!!!!

Yes, let's spend our way to glory!!!!

No!!!! We finally started a slow, steady build through the draft approach. Can we just stay the course please?

Why why why does everybody scream for the SHORTCUT that NEVER WORKS. Slik, we've tried it this way, many times, we have NOT WON. Isn't that alone enough reason to not try this route for the umpteenth time?
    Huzzah! They want to be entertained right away!

Quote Originally Posted by twoink View Post
    Could the "quick fix" mythical FA FQB also be called "THE FOOLED's" gold?

The reality is that the only way this works out is if the guy has failed and gets it together, or you simply take a risk on an unknown who "flashed" (and the lists of busts there is looooong...).

Quote Originally Posted by ibleedgreen View Post
    Could it be the projected annual rise? Or is that already taken into account in that 64 figure?

But with all the BS about the protests, maybe it will go DOWN for a change.
    I'm pretty sure OTC bases that on projected cap so it's already in there.

As to the cap going down next year I doubt it. The TCV contracts are already signed so it will take the new contracts for it to go down I think.
    "On to 2017"

Coach in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by ibleedgreen View Post
    Could the "quick fix" mythical FA FQB also be called "THE FOOLED's" gold?

The reality is that the only way this works out is if the guy has failed and gets it together, or you simply take a risk on an unknown who "flashed" (and the lists of busts there is looooong...).
    Well put! Ironically, one guy who could fall into that category is Geno Smith. Was rushed to play right away, had terrible support, but has all the physical tools and played well at times. Exactly the profile of a guy who has a shot.

Quote Originally Posted by twoink View Post

Cousins is no washed up vet, and Brees is still putting up 5,000 yards with a crappy team. Darnold has shaky confidence, he's shrinking in the limelight, imagine when he get to NYC? He's millenial flake from LA, he will shrink here his little millenial pussy will not take the abuse well and he will crack under pressure. We need a man not a kid here.
    Ain't nobody better mess with the fine feathered figaro!

Boomer Esiason, Frank Reich, Neil O'Donnell, Vinny Testeverde, Brett Favre, Michael Vick, Ryan Fitzpatrick and Josh McCown called...

(conference call)

They said... Good luck with that bro.

Joe Namath and Chad Pennington also called, they said look at us, this is how you do it.

Sam Darnold called, he said I'll kill you, call me a pussy to my face b!tch. Did you see my 4th Qtr in the Rose Bowl? Did you see my 4th Qtrs earlier this season? You gonna tell me I shrink under pressure because I'm having a minor sophmore slump for 2 friggin games. let me go somewhere else, let me, I'll come to your sh!tty swamp stadium and f@ck you right in your pussy. pussy.

All the other FQB prospects in this draft class called. (Another conference call) They said Darnold is just one guy. We can ALL ball. Don't be stupid. we wil cost you $2m to $6m. That Cousins dude, who has won the SAME number of NFl playoff games as we all have, will cost you $28m.

He pussed out at Wassu, his legs were trembling.
    Ain't nobody better mess with the fine feathered figaro!