Thread: Phins in Atlanta, 11 pt spread

Head Coach Material

Phins in Atlanta, 11 pt spread

Here we go again,...Falcons are 11 point faves already for the game Sunday. It's nice to see the Falcons respected but geesh man, 11? It amazes me to no end.

I suppose the boys in Vegas didn't notice the loss IN Atlanta 2 weeks ago hahahmaybe they did. The Falcons were a solid 8 pt fave all the week before the game. And if ya'll recall I was a skeptic,...imagine that me being a skeptic. Well the Bills beat the Falcons by 6 pts which is a 14 pt differential. Now it's 11?

It's actually the same scenario two weeks ago, the game's in Atlanta and the Falcons facing an AFC East team with a bloated point spread? Fool me once,...no way.

People recognise the Falcons' talent level, they just hate to admit it for some reason. But I'm tellin' ya'll the Falcons are more fragile than apparently evident. Injuries forced two rookies to start last week on defense and the offense will be w/o their #2 WR and starting RT come Sunday against the Dolphins. Any injury is magnified simply cause, yeah Coach Q has built an impressive roster BUT, it still lacks quality depth at a number of positions. I guess most all NFL teams are the same but in the loss to the Bills it was stark when the Falcons #1 and #2 WRs were outta the game by halftime.

There's no way I'd touch this game if you know Dolphins/Falcons games history. In every meeting there's always some weird play or the football behaves like it has Mexican jumping beans in it, I swear.

Yours is the safe stance. The correct incorrect prediction would be the local narrative down here that Cutler is too out of step and lackadaisical to be Fin's QB, and that Fins Offense can't run on all cylinders as a result of the change at QB. So "Falcons 11" is way too shallow and we better talk about 11+11 minimum? Figure about 31 - 9.

Predictions based on faulty premises are doomed, even if they may be accidentally correct. In the N.F.L. anything goes. Mine own Rozier (remember him, he was good) formulation indicates teams have figured out the Gase offense a little faster than Cutler has so far. This is not to say the same thing, I'm just putting it differently.

Head Coach Material
    Quote Originally Posted by Gundermerikan View Post
    Yours is the safe stance. The correct incorrect prediction would be the local narrative down here that Cutler is too out of step and lackadaisical to be Fin's QB, and that Fins Offense can't run on all cylinders as a result of the change at QB. So "Falcons 11" is way too shallow and we better talk about 11+11 minimum? Figure about 31 - 9.

Predictions based on faulty premises are doomed, even if they may be accidentally correct. In the N.F.L. anything goes. Mine own Rozier (remember him, he was good) formulation indicates teams have figured out the Gase offense a little faster than Cutler has so far. This is not to say the same thing, I'm just putting it differently.
    You said in another post you like to read threads that make you think. Your posts make me think and even bring back solid memories, thank you. hahaha Sometimes I have to read yo posts twice to catch the meaning since I am after all a,...nah don't go there.

But yeah, people underestimate the talent of these guys even though Cutler is an aged vet. I assure you, he has the arm. And that was funny 'bout he being lackadaisical,...hahah I really think he has that body language naturally. That facial expression,...he even made a commercial while a Bear in which he was in between two women arguing and his facial expression was classic Cutler. He is what he is. And if the offense can't rally 'round a new QB?,...hmmm.

It's easy to see Dolphins fans thinking this will be a Falcons blow out. Falcons enjoying a bye week and all that. But I dunno, I saw the Dolphins shut down the Titans offense. Yeah, Cutler looked out of step but all it takes is the proverbial, "switching of the switch." Timing is everything on the offense. And these guys are pro football players, so.

Oh I remember Mike Rozier well, former Falcons tailback. And no, I quit making predictions a few years ago. I do use point spreads from Vegas to create talk but don't wager on games anymore. I'd win big then lose big and the last time I broke even I said, "that game is over boys."