Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Rudolph and Falk might be just as good as Darnold and Rosen...

Rudolph and Falk might be just as good as Darnold and Rosen...

Look them up, they are moving way up the draft board. Rudolph especially. Rudolph is making every throw and showing some real nice intangibles, don't be surprised if he's a top 15 pick. I will eat a ham sandwich this weekend and enjoy me some winning along with Larry, and we'll see where the chips land, right Larr?

There's more than one way to skin a cat. And of course there's Captain Kirk looming out there in FA... He would be my number one target. He could bring some Alex Smith type stability to this team. Strengthen the Ol, sign Alshon Jefferys, draft another RB and OLB, sign a good starting corner and we got outselves a heck of a team for 18.

For now:

JUST WIN BABeeee!!!!
    Last edited by slikmojet; 10-05-2017 at 12:55 AM.
    Ain't nobody better mess with the fine feathered figaro!

Great, all the better. And guess what, if we get #1 we can take ANY of them. If we get #2, we get any of them except the consensus best one of them. If we get pick #3, we get any except the consensus best and 2nd best of them. Are you seeing the picture here?

You're saying the QB's will go 1,2,3? Are you smoking crack?

First off that has NEVER happened and it actually could. JMO.

Second, no, I technically just said QBs are going 1-2 overall and if we get the #3 pick we are missing out on the consensus best and 2nd best guy. We could always keep history in tact and take another DT or safety, since QB #3 projects to about 12 or 15. LOL

Yes I'm still predicting Darnoldt and Rosen go 1-2 in either order. Book it!

Point is you are claiming one guy might end up the best. Ok. Cool. Why would he then be there at 4 or 6 or 8? Are you predicting he'll be the best, AND nobody will really know it, SO he'll slip down to our pick at 8. You know, after we win 5 games. I'm saying if we get a high pick we get MORE CHOICES. Pretty simple.
    Last edited by JWilly; 10-05-2017 at 01:20 AM.

Anything could happen from here to April. What's most likely at this point is that Darnold will not declare, the kid needs more experience, book that one.

Cool, gentleman's bet then. See ya in April

Quote Originally Posted by JWilly View Post
    First off that has NEVER happened and it actually could. JMO.

Second, no, I technically just said QBs are going 1-2 overall and if we get the #3 pick we are missing out on the consensus best and 2nd best guy. We could always keep history in tact and take another DT or safety, since QB #3 projects to about 12 or 15. LOL

Yes I'm still predicting Darnoldt and Rosen go 1-2 in either order. Book it!

Point is you are claiming one guy might end up the best. Ok. Cool. Why would he then be there at 4 or 6 or 8? Are you predicting he'll be the best, AND nobody will really know it, SO he'll slip down to our pick at 8. You know, after we win 5 games. I'm saying if we get a high pick we get MORE CHOICES. Pretty simple.
    Happened in 1999.

Look BL is this. We desparately need a QB no matter how good these other kids on the team turn out to be. The ability to pick the ONE we like best is much better then having to settle of for "whats left". And if we lose out on that because Slik wants us to win 5 games instead of 2 or 3 THEN maybe he will understand why his way of thinking has lead to 5 decades of failure for this franchise.

Team Owner
    Quote Originally Posted by MSGold12 View Post
    Happened in 1999.

Look BL is this. We desparately need a QB no matter how good these other kids on the team turn out to be. The ability to pick the ONE we like best is much better then having to settle of for "whats left". And if we lose out on that because Slik wants us to win 5 games instead of 2 or 3 THEN maybe he will understand why his way of thinking has lead to 5 decades of failure for this franchise.
    But with all these young studs all across the roster, the Jets only need Kirk Cousins at $23mill a year to complete their super bowl dreams

He's gonna have more experience than Mark Sanchez did. And he's considerably more "prototype" than Sanchez is/was.

How often do you get the opportunity to draft a legit blue chip prospect QB? for that reason, you don't pass on a blue chip prospect because he needs experience. You draft him and develop him. Because NFL teams know this, he will be a top 2 pick. And because he will be a top 2 pick, he is 100% coming out.

That right there is called a logic tree, and it logically concludes with Darnoldt coming out and being a top 2 pick.
    Last edited by JWilly; 10-05-2017 at 06:00 PM.

I'd take a proven product over a project any day of the week. Darnold is still in diapers trying to figure out Wazzu's defense, reminds me of Hackenberg and Temple. I knew then he was hopeless, it the guy can't complete a pass against Temple you know you're fucked.