Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Wow! Folk sucks!

Quote Originally Posted by MSGold12 View Post
    The stats on FGs made in that direction over 45 yards in Heinz Field that year were not good. Granted an NFL kicker should make a 47 yarder but Herm KNEW this was going to be a tough kick AND Brien had already missed once before that same direction and he STILL didnt even try to get him closer thinking a 47 yarder was some chip shot.

Yes, Brien deserved some blame as he did miss the kick. But the vitriol directed at him and the excuse making for Herm after that game was nauseating. And the knee jerk reaction of trading away a #1 for Doug Freakin JOlley (and potentially missing out on drafting Aaron Rodgers) and taking a f-ing PK in rd 2???? SOJ.
    Oh man .. now I'm sorry I even went there!

So many wounds that have never truly healed..

Quote Originally Posted by JWilly View Post
    plus that stadium is NOTORIOUS for not giving up long FGs. Absurdly stupid play, odds on that FG were stupidly low for ANY kicker.
    We seem to have a lot of torture and pain in this area.

I remember a regular season game around the same time frame (a couple years earlier) where John Hall (who was a good kicker for us overall) made a 53 yarder to beat Oakland @Oakland and I thought it was the most miraculous thing I had ever seen in my life. I would have bet my house he'd miss it.

He's sucked for quite a while now.

He cost us the W in week 1 last season and the Miami game with the short kickoff the Dolphins returned for the game winning TD after Fitzpatrick had given the Jets the lead.

Quote Originally Posted by ganggreen76 View Post
    He's sucked for quite a while now.

He cost us the W in week 1 last season and the Miami game with the short kickoff the Dolphins returned for the game winning TD after Fitzpatrick had given the Jets the lead.
    Darn that Keith Folk.. if it weren't for him, who knows how far the Captain could have taken us on his back...