Thread: Can someone please explain to me how it's possible Derek Carr is practicing already?

Can someone please explain to me how it's possible Derek Carr is practicing already?

I read he suffered a spinal injury last week some type of fracture there. Then I read he was going to be out 2-6 weeks which is amazing because when I hear spinal injury I immediately think serious injury possible paralysis possible season/career ender.

Then I read he practiced this week he could play this week.

I can't imagine the pressure Carr is feeling to get back out there asap after his injury last season and the $25 million per year contract he got.

It's not a good look for the Raiders front office that the QB they invested $25 million per year in is already out with another injury.

I understand all of it but these people have to be sensible. Spinal injuries are no frickin' joke.

Quote Originally Posted by ganggreen76 View Post
    I read he suffered a spinal injury last week some type of fracture there. Then I read he was going to be out 2-6 weeks which is amazing because when I hear spinal injury I immediately think serious injury possible paralysis possible season/career ender.

Then I read he practiced this week he could play this week.

I can't imagine the pressure Carr is feeling to get back out there asap after his injury last season and the $25 million per year contract he got.

It's not a good look for the Raiders front office that the QB they invested $25 million per year in is already out with another injury.

I understand all of it but these people have to be sensible. Spinal injuries are no frickin' joke.
    Just a hunch, but it may be because the doctors cleared him!
    "On to 2017"