Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: This is a young talented team begging to be liked, what the hell are you guys doing?

This is a young talented team begging to be liked, what the hell are you guys doing?

We got guys like Eli McGwire, guys like we're Ealy who is showing tremendous potential as a complete disruptor. Young linebackers like Bass, Jenkins and Stanford flying around. It looks like the light has finally gone on for MLB Davis who always had the physical talent. The combo of Pennell and McClendon inside seems to work and bears watching.

There so many young players to follow, right now Darryl Roberts is playing very well, the rookie safeties bear watching closely, the return to action of Burris in sub packages. I believe Burris will be good with more time.

What about jack of all trades Lawrence Thomas? He has the look of a complete FB throwing some devastating blocks out there and can catch and run like a TE? But he also plays DL and is quite good.

We're getting Jalin Marshall back, soon Leggett. This is an interesting team with lots of youth, there is good chemistry here and no punks, everyone pulling together. It reminds me of the Heat, no prima donnas, all team work.
    Ain't nobody better mess with the fine feathered figaro!

Team Owner
    Can't wait to see what Slik is posting around week 8

Where were you when MOST OF US said we were excited to watch our young players play football, see how they develop, and grade our GM and HC based on what they can get out of drafting/coaching/developing YOUNG talent? What the hell am I doing??? I'm watching that and LIKING what i see. Oh yeah, except for one thing, we are playing a dinosaur JAG career backup QB. yeah, that part is just kinda sickening to be perfectly honest. i'm not taking anything away from McCown, i don't want to disparage him, but why are we playing youth at EVERY position except the most important one?

Win with Petty or Hack? Great, sign me up, love it, beautiful.
    Win with McCown? As f@cking pointless as can be.
    yet another season that gets filed under the header... "Need to find an answer at QB. Failed to do so"
    The answer could be available at the top of the next draft. But we'll juuuuuuuuuust miss because we played McCown and won 5 or 6, instead of Petty/Hack and won 2 or 3.

The kids can learn and develop winning or losing. Those same kids will be way better off next season if they have a legit QB. Will they get one or just the next failed vet? Oh right, I forgot, all these kids will be totally different 3 years from now because in 2017 they won 5 games instead of 2. Bwaaaaahhhhhhhaaaaaaahhhhhhhaaaaaaa
    Last edited by JWilly; 10-04-2017 at 10:53 PM.

Fitz part II.... the defense will soon be out playing the offense by a wide margin... what happens to this love-fest then ? After 4 weeks of it they will be murmuring... the young QBs will get in , most likely fail and 5 useless wins later we are in the same boat drafting 5th in a 4 qb draft lmao.

The young talent is there though. We got rid of a lot of dead weight. So many of us have always wanted to watch a young team develop together, this is our chance.

I don't ever remember seeing so many young players flashing, this team has to be one of the youngest in the league.

The OL is functional right now, I like the double TE sets with Lawrence Thomas at FB, they are opning huge chunks.

Of course teams will adjust, and of course there will be games we will get overwhelmed and get blown out. I don't think this is a dominant team by any stretch. Our QB situation still sucks, but at least we seem to have good chemistry and youth, and sometimes that goes a long way.
    Last edited by slikmojet; 10-05-2017 at 12:53 AM.

Yeah you're right. Now imagine if we ALSO had a young prototype stud QB to add to it next year. LMAO.

Just tell me why winning 5 games makes ANY of what you said better?

That's why I'm hoping McCown gets benched and Petty takes over. We will see a lot more down field plays then. Petty has the arm to stretch the field and the legs to move in the pocket and scramble free.

Muy bien I'm all in for this year! MSG my friend I've gone to the Dark side I want wins don't care about next year put the young guns in and I'll be happy kinda contradict my self a shit I just don't. care anymore moved out west to Portland a month ago into a rabid giant fan household can't convince them I just don't really give a shit about the NFL anymore
    S

Atta boy NC, there will be time for crying when the I told you so's come around, in the meantime enjoy the season!

Quote Originally Posted by JWilly View Post
    Where were you when MOST OF US said we were excited to watch our young players play football, see how they develop, and grade our GM and HC based on what they can get out of drafting/coaching/developing YOUNG talent? What the hell am I doing??? I'm watching that and LIKING what i see. Oh yeah, except for one thing, we are playing a dinosaur JAG career backup QB. yeah, that part is just kinda sickening to be perfectly honest. i'm not taking anything away from McCown, i don't want to disparage him, but why are we playing youth at EVERY position except the most important one?

Win with Petty or Hack? Great, sign me up, love it, beautiful.
    Win with McCown? As f@cking pointless as can be.
    yet another season that gets filed under the header... "Need to find an answer at QB. Failed to do so"
    The answer could be available at the top of the next draft. But we'll juuuuuuuuuust miss because we played McCown and won 5 or 6, instead of Petty/Hack and won 2 or 3.

The kids can learn and develop winning or losing. Those same kids will be way better off next season if they have a legit QB. Will they get one or just the next failed vet? Oh right, I forgot, all these kids will be totally different 3 years from now because in 2017 they won 5 games instead of 2. Bwaaaaahhhhhhhaaaaaaahhhhhhhaaaaaaa
    I agree. This coaching staff has to prove they can develop young QB's and that can only be proven on the playing field. If the young QB's don't show significant improvement relative to their talent ceiling, then we need a new coaching staff or the Jets will have to get a real veteran QB, not a stopgap.