Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Pope why is it exactly you hate Cousins?

We win that easily, we have the most cash and tons of it.

Worst case, the Niners or Giants get him and don't pck a QB.
    Ain't nobody better mess with the fine feathered figaro!

we "win" Cousins because we can pay him the most? Wow, double win. We get a fringe FQB but get to pay him the most in the league. Awesome

Quote Originally Posted by JWilly View Post
    we "win" Cousins because we can pay him the most? Wow, double win. We get a fringe FQB but get to pay him the most in the league. Awesome
    No one "wins" a bidding war.

I don't want all the eggs in that basket. Just say no.

Look at his numbers:

https://www.google.com/search?source...75.soJjz-cwor0

Aside from some growing pains early, he's been putting up phenomenal numbers lately. 66% career completion, 2/1 TD to Int ratio. He's on pace for 4,000 plus yards again. This guy is the finished product. He wins games , team leader, reminds me of how Dre Brees was doubted and disrespected early on. San Diego gave him up for Rivers.

I like Cousins to the Jets more than any of these other unknowns. He's over the growing pains, only 28 and coming into his prime... Are you kidding me?
    Ain't nobody better mess with the fine feathered figaro!

Quote Originally Posted by slikmojet View Post
    Look at his numbers:

https://www.google.com/search?source...75.soJjz-cwor0

Aside from some growing pains early, he's been putting up phenomenal numbers lately. 66% career completion, 2/1 TD to Int ratio. He's on pace for 4,000 plus yards again. This guy is the finished product. He wins games , team leader, reminds me of how Dre Brees was doubted and disrespected early on. San Diego gave him up for Rivers.

I like Cousins to the Jets more than any of these other unknowns. He's over the growing pains, only 28 and coming into his prime... Are you kidding me?
    it does not matter because he has not won a super bowl or play and win playoff games.....blah blah blah blah blah....the guy is in his 3rd full year and in that span has 61 td and 24 picks he is just enetering his prime. he has thrown for 4000 yard last 2 years and once very close to 5000 yards but some have determined he is not FQB material....LMFAO....

Quote Originally Posted by jimmyjet52 View Post
    it does not matter because he has not won a super bowl or play and win playoff games.....blah blah blah blah blah....the guy is in his 3rd full year and in that span has 61 td and 24 picks he is just enetering his prime. he has thrown for 4000 yard last 2 years and once very close to 5000 yards but some have determined he is not FQB material....LMFAO....
    I'm not convinced he is not FQB material, and I have been very impressed with his play. But there is a risk in putting 20+mil/year into a guy like him. He could easily still bust somewhat, but I think he will always be at least good and often top ten. If the price wasn't so high, I would be in favor of the move, but with so many teams interested...

Quote Originally Posted by ibleedgreen View Post
    I'm not convinced he is not FQB material, and I have been very impressed with his play. But there is a risk in putting 20+mil/year into a guy like him. He could easily still bust somewhat, but I think he will always be at least good and often top ten. If the price wasn't so high, I would be in favor of the move, but with so many teams interested...
    how do you think that he could still bust? top 10 is good enough to win playoff games and super bowl.....20 + is the going rate for a top 10...i really do not see a downside to signing cousins....i am not saying he is perfect biut who is and considering our past 40 years with qbs we would be lucky to have him. not saying he is the only option we can draft a qb and go that route and groom him and hope that he is the goods when his 1st contract is up and by then demanding 30 a year...

Quote Originally Posted by jimmyjet52 View Post
    how do you think that he could still bust? top 10 is good enough to win playoff games and super bowl.....20 + is the going rate for a top 10...i really do not see a downside to signing cousins....i am not saying he is perfect biut who is and considering our past 40 years with qbs we would be lucky to have him. not saying he is the only option we can draft a qb and go that route and groom him and hope that he is the goods when his 1st contract is up and by then demanding 30 a year...
    That's why I said bust "somewhat". Bust for him would be middle third play, choking at times, not much success in the playoffs (i.e. not being able to take a game over), etc.

That's asking a lot but we need it.

It's not asking a lot when you just committed $28m per on a 5 year deal with 3 years of it guaranteed.

For the record, when we all were having the "would you trade a 2nd for Cousins right now?" debates, when he had barely played football, i said HELL YES!!! And I am not at all doubting that he could be a perrenial top 10 FQB for the rest of his career. I would not rule out that he goes down as a "great" QB. All that is possible.

It's just a tough proposition to make this guy the highest paid QB in the league, and commit a MINIMUM of 3 essentially guaranteed years at that price when the guy has lost more of the "big games" he's played than he's won. Because the examples IBG gives are exactly right, if he is just "solid" and can't be the DIFFERENCE in those big time, playoff games, then you're really in trouble when you have so much of your cap dedicated to just him.

It's much easier for the Skins to pay him this salary because it's one year at a time, they have continued to NOT commit long term at that huge rate.

If I'm sitting #2 or #3 in the draft and a QB I LOVE is on the board I'm going that route over committing 3 years and over $80m to Cousins. But if I win these STUPID 6 games... AND.... I've missed on the true blue chip QBs on my board.... AND... Cousins continues these types of numbers..... AND.... he does it against some playoff caliber defenses and wins some "big games"..... I would not exactly hate this approach, signing him. But.... If all those ANDs happen, tell me why Washington isn't just going to FINALLY give him the FQB contract themselves???
    Last edited by JWilly; 10-12-2017 at 08:21 PM.

the problem is the chances of us sitting 2 or 3 are slim and getting slimmer by the week...we are winning at least 2 more games and more like 3 or 4 more games sounds about right. we are not picking top 5 from all looks of it now but we will have a chance to trade up a bit considering 49ers seem hot for cousins and the bears have trubisky and the colts have decision to make with luck .......