Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Pope why is it exactly you hate Cousins?

Exactly, last year one QB went #2 with A LOT of 2nd guessing, and then the next 2 went 10 and 12. This year you'll see 2 go 1-2 IMO and likley one more 3-10.

NO GUARANTEES. we know. Blah blah. And Watson and Mahomes might end up great, while every QB drafted in 2018 busts. we know.

But we only know what we THINK we know AT THE TIME.

AT THE TIME, entering 2017 the concensus was borderline 1st round grades on ALL the QBs. Rosen is right now viewed as a SIGNIFICANTLY BETTER prospect than ALL of last year's QBs. Again, no guarantees, we know, blah blah, Brady went in the 6th round. Blah blah. Darnoldt has ONLY 13 starts and he's in a 2 game funk. Blah blah.

For f@cking once, just f@cking once can we TRY to take a multi year ride on the shoulders of a CONCENCUS top of the draft prospect QB? PLEASE. JUST ONCE.

Jeez. we have failed in every god damn way there is to fail on QBs. FAs, 2nd tier draft picks, even the B 1st rounders (Chad and Sanchez). There is one thing we've never tried, and partially because we've never been at the top of the draft in a draft with CONSENSUS #1 QBs in it. This year there is a CHANCE for that. But we should bail on it in favor of trying to win 6 games????? we should bail on it because it MIGHT NOT pan out????

For the love of f@cking God, can we please just ONCE try the route that SEEMS TO, historicvally, net the highest PERCENTAGE of long term FQBs, the TOP OF THE F@CKING DRAFT!!!!!!!!

Nah, let's , for the 26th time in the last 45 years start seeing trophies in our future when we are 2-2. Give me a f@cking break. OK, some said 0-16 and they are already wrong and we actually aren't THAT bad. Oh wow, break out the told you so's and start shaming all those "bad fans" who expected to suck, but were fine with it to just get the damn QB and move on. Please. Guess what, We STILL SUCK. We will be lucky as sh!t to win 6 games. That equals SUCKING in the NFL.

6 wins and 2 wins are the SAME. YOU SUCK. Just complete the job and get one of the 2 best QBs available in what STILL APPEARS to be a FQB prospect draft, and take a 5 year run on THAT plan. FOR ONCE!!!! And pray it becomes a 15 year run!!!!!
    Last edited by JWilly; 10-04-2017 at 04:50 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by JWilly View Post
    Exactly, last year one QB went #2 with A LOT of 2nd guessing, and then the next 2 went 10 and 12. This year you'll see 2 go 1-2 IMO and likley one more 3-10.

NO GUARANTEES. we know. Blah blah. And Watson and Mahomes might end up great, while every QB drafted in 2018 busts. we know.

But we only know what we THINK we know AT THE TIME.

AT THE TIME, entering 2017 the concensus was borderline 1st round grades on ALL the QBs. Rosen is right now viewed as a SIGNIFICANTLY BETTER prospect than ALL of last year's QBs. Again, no guarantees, we know, blah blah, Brady went in the 6th round. Blah blah. Darnoldt has ONLY 13 starts and he's in a 2 game funk. Blah blah.

For f@cking once, just f@cking once can we TRY to take a multi year ride on the shoulders of a CONCENCUS top of the draft prospect QB? PLEASE. JUST ONCE.

Jeez. we have failed in every god damn way there is to fail on QBs. FAs, 2nd tier draft picks, even the B 1st rounders (Chad and Sanchez). There is one thing we've never tried, and partially because we've never been at the top of the draft in a draft with CONSENSUS #1 QBs in it. This year there is a CHANCE for that. But we should bail on it in favor of trying to win 6 games????? we should bail on it because it MIGHT NOT pan out????

For the love of f@cking God, can we please just ONCE try the route that SEEMS TO, historicvally, net the highest PERCENTAGE of long term FQBs, the TOP OF THE F@CKING DRAFT!!!!!!!!

Nah, let's , for the 26th time in the last 45 years start seeing trophies in our future when we are 2-2. Give me a f@cking break. OK, some said 0-16 and they are already wrong and we actually aren't THAT bad. Oh wow, break out the told you so's and start shaming all those "bad fans" who expected to suck, but were fine with it to just get the damn QB and move on. Please. Guess what, We STILL SUCK. We will be lucky as sh!t to win 6 games. That equals SUCKING in the NFL.

6 wins and 2 wins are the SAME. YOU SUCK. Just complete the job and get one of the 2 best QBs available in what STILL APPEARS to be a FQB prospect draft, and take a 5 year run on THAT plan. FOR ONCE!!!! And pray it becomes a 15 year run!!!!!
    Please, this is where you guys always lose me.
    You don't say, 'We need a franchise QB and tank, unless there's a for SURE franchise QB available.
    ELI Manning?
    He had size, a good arm, plenty of college experience , the right personal attitude and the GINTS paid through the nose to get him and he pretty much failed early on but they stuck it out with him and got lucky.
    The one thing they did and they had WARNER at the time and could have drafted Phillip Rivers but they saw a chance for what they considered was a franchise QB and jumped.
    If you remember the SANCHIZE deal, i hated the trade up and pick.He wasn't prototypical in height, wasn't crazy fast, didn't have tremendous experience, had questions in terms of character IMO, but we were desperate to draft a FRANCHISE QB that year and we're still desperate for one.
    That's not how it works.
    You play to win unless you suck anyway and an Andrew luck type is available and then you pay him so much if he's any good, you have holes elsewhere like OL too.
    Pick a QB, we have 2 young ones on the team, stick with him 3-4 years and then decide, not after 2-3-4-5 games behind a bad team.
    Wake up and stop being losers, hire a GM and a coach and don't fire them, keep them for 10 years, let them lose on the job but learn and keep the stability.
    That's how you win.
    Organizationally.
    Think the Steelers or Cowboys have geniuses for HC'S? they do not, most teams don't.
    A Belly and company comes along every once in awhile but dummies can win too if they learn from their mistakes and they have the power to discipline a team.
    Gints went away from their history of big OL's and a running game and where are they?
    Sh-tter,
    Run the ball, stop the run, good specials, smart drafting, allow expensive veterans to walk and stay the course.

JW speaks the truth.

Quote Originally Posted by leftylarry View Post
    Please, this is where you guys always lose me.
    You don't say, 'We need a franchise QB and tank, unless there's a for SURE franchise QB available.
    ELI Manning?
    He had size, a good arm, plenty of college experience , the right personal attitude and the GINTS paid through the nose to get him and he pretty much failed early on but they stuck it out with him and got lucky.
    The one thing they did and they had WARNER at the time and could have drafted Phillip Rivers but they saw a chance for what they considered was a franchise QB and jumped.
    If you remember the SANCHIZE deal, i hated the trade up and pick.He wasn't prototypical in height, wasn't crazy fast, didn't have tremendous experience, had questions in terms of character IMO, but we were desperate to draft a FRANCHISE QB that year and we're still desperate for one.
    That's not how it works.
    You play to win unless you suck anyway and an Andrew luck type is available and then you pay him so much if he's any good, you have holes elsewhere like OL too.
    Pick a QB, we have 2 young ones on the team, stick with him 3-4 years and then decide, not after 2-3-4-5 games behind a bad team.
    Wake up and stop being losers, hire a GM and a coach and don't fire them, keep them for 10 years, let them lose on the job but learn and keep the stability.
    That's how you win.
    Organizationally.
    Think the Steelers or Cowboys have geniuses for HC'S? they do not, most teams don't.
    A Belly and company comes along every once in awhile but dummies can win too if they learn from their mistakes and they have the power to discipline a team.
    Gints went away from their history of big OL's and a running game and where are they?
    Sh-tter,
    Run the ball, stop the run, good specials, smart drafting, allow expensive veterans to walk and stay the course.
    LL, Sanchez was not a FQB prospect and that is why he went 5th. Rosen is FQB prospect. And I am SOLD that Darnoldt is a stone cold killer QB. He's still a baby and will keep growing. 2 bad games? LMAO. This kid IS a prototype. Watch him in the clutch.

This IS that year. You just said it, "you play to win, unless you suck anyway and Luck is available". We suck anyway dude. We won 5 games, have gaping holes and NO QB!!! Umm, we suck. And fine, Rosen and Darnoldt aren't Luck, probably not, but I think they are as close as it gets and are ABSOLUTELY 1-2 caliber picks. Play Petty. If we win, fine, great. Playing to win 5 with a vet backup JAG is better than getting Rosen? Comeon!!!!

Next, stop being loosers and get a real GM/HC and stick with them? Who the hell are you talking too? I'm not Woody. You don't think i want that too???? Of course i do. But I can't affect that change. If Woody won't do it then HE is the looser. And guess what pal, sitting here and wishing for that makes you every bit as much a looser as me wishing for a savior QB to OVERCOME that exact issue you just ACCURATELY mentioned. Woody is the looser here and wishing for the tank and landing FQB because of it is wishing for something to happen that overcomes Woody's ineptitude.

Your way is choosing to COUNT ON Woody. My way is to get it done despite Woody. Who's way is more looserish????? Think about it.

Of course I want long tearm stability in the KEY spots. I've been begging for that forever. Woody continues to NOT provide it. So you keep wishing for Woody to suddenly be a smart owner. Good luck with that. That's not futile looser thinking at all.

Team Owner
    Larry I thought you liked your qb's big & tall?

Rosen: 6'3, 215
    Allen: 6'5, 233
    Darnold: 6'4, 220
    Rudolph: 6'5, 230

I don't see a Sanchez in the bunch

Sanchez was 6.3 215 just like Rosen. He just didn't have "it" or he had it early and "it" went away. "It" happens.

Jets could walk away with Rudolph or Falk without having to tank.
    Ain't nobody better mess with the fine feathered figaro!

Team Owner
    Quote Originally Posted by slikmojet View Post
    Sanchez was 6.3 215 just like Rosen. He just didn't have "it" or he had it early and "it" went away. "It" happens.

Jets could walk away with Rudolph or Falk without having to tank.

Did you have Carson Wentz going #2 overall in October of 2015?

Just stop, you don't have a clue where anyone is going right now.

Sanchez was 6'2 on his tippie toes

And neither do you, Darnold is just bad game away from becoming a head scratcher. His stock will drop and he will come back another year. Rosen is also a bad game or two away from being questionable.

No one really knows at this point.

I was always in favor of the tank, but only for Darnold, he's he one who can truly be special, no one else is tank worthy.
    Last edited by slikmojet; 10-05-2017 at 01:48 AM.
    Ain't nobody better mess with the fine feathered figaro!

Team Owner
    Quote Originally Posted by slikmojet View Post
    And neither do you, Darnold is just bad game away from becoming a head scratcher. His stock will drop and he will come back another year. Rosen is also a bad game or two away from being questionable.

No one really knows at this point.

I was always in favo of the tank, but only for Darnold, he's he one who can truly be special, not anyone else is tank worthy.

I'm going based on the what happens every single draft.....ever, the qb's always rise and there's some nice looking prospects out there right now, this isn't a EJ Manuel / Geno Smith class.

Put 2 and 2 together, the first few pick are going to be qb's.