Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Pope why is it exactly you hate Cousins?

Very simple you keep developing the young talent, and then when it appears they're ready you make a trade. That's how you do it, in the meantime you roll with the sure thing.

We'll have a shot at one of those three QB's you mentioned without having to lose every game.
    Ain't nobody better mess with the fine feathered figaro!

It's only week four, you have to let it play out. 2002 taught me never to root against my team. That was one of the most if not the most enjoyable seasons ever.

Team Owner
    I'd much rather Alex Smith than Kirk Cousins if the jets win 5 or 6 entertaining games & go the vet route in 2018

If Kirk Cousins was such a "sure thing" as you proclaim Washington would have locked him up 2 years ago.

Let it play out? Ok. I'll check back with you around 4-8. Cool?

Quote Originally Posted by pope View Post
    I'd much rather Alex Smith than Kirk Cousins if the jets win 5 or 6 entertaining games & go the vet route in 2018

If Kirk Cousins was such a "sure thing" as you proclaim Washington would have locked him up 2 years ago.
    This again ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Your on a roll today Popey!!!

Quote Originally Posted by slikmojet View Post
    It's only week four, you have to let it play out. 2002 taught me never to root against my team. That was one of the most if not the most enjoyable seasons ever.
    And golly gee...what did that team have???? a first round franhcise QB who came in and saved the season!!! What a coincidence!!!

Thanks for inadvertently proving the opposing point Slik.

BTW we've been "letting it play out" for 50 fu*king years now! Thats sure done a lot of good...

Alex Smith is like Diet Kirk Cousins, he's the epitome of an underachiever who has never won big, yet he seems to get better and better every year. Just when people thought he should be out of the league he continues to get better. I actually like both QB's after so much has been said and written about these two, they continue to improve and get better every year.

Want a bigger big stage loser than Matty Ice? Yet he's the third or fourth best QB in the league. Somemguys are lucky, Eli Manning comes to mind. Some guys like Ryan always struggle in the big game. Cousins is a team leader, he will learn, he's still improving and the arrow is pointing up.

MSG, 30 is young for a QB these days, look at Brees and Brady, look at Rivers and Manning, Ryan is even older. 30 is a great time to sign one of these guys. I would actually sign Brees because he will play another 5 years like Brady, ut if Cousins is there, you sign that guy! You still draft a young QB, but you sign Cousins!
    Last edited by slikmojet; 10-03-2017 at 11:45 PM.

Team Owner
    And that's exactly why everyone except you & GGbit want a blue chip qb from the draft instead of the Alex Smith & Kirk Cousins' of the world who'll just get you the 16-22th pick in the draft every year

I want a QB in the draft I don't think it's necessary to lose every game to get one. It is more likely that Darnold stays another year at USC than he comes out. The other QB's are not number one overall worthy, Rosen and Rudolph are bot generational players. Just the best of the rest. We had our chance this year, Mahomes and Watson were there and we passed. It's what we do in the draft. I don't trust the Jets and the draft, they fuck it up every year... Who will be doing the drafting you POpe? It sounds like if we lose out you will personally walk up to that podium and select the QB, but you won' it will be some other asshole who will say the BPA is some DT or some CB and then what will you do Pope? You will sit there with your finger plugged up your ass and conjure up another 16 loss season..., Bwhahahshahahah!!

Team Owner
    A couple qb's are going in the top 3 picks, book it.