Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Pope why is it exactly you hate Cousins?

Quote Originally Posted by pope View Post
    Everyone looks good to you when playing bad teams. Everyone.

Oakland's secondary is a hapless joke.

$23mill for that, unreal, but then again you've always been Rainbow Bright.

I hate 8-8, you are plenty fine with it, that's where we differ.
    This ^^^^^^^^^^^^

Quote Originally Posted by ibleedgreen View Post
    Plenty good to win with. Good game manager, good mobility,escapability, decent arm, good decisions, moxie, etc. What's not to like?
    Ahh, been a while for this quote. I'm not down on Cousins per se, I can believe that he could continue to develop and become BETTER than the sentence you just wrote here. Because THAT is my point, where is the evidence that backs up your claim here? Where are these SB champion QBs who are "game manager QBs" that are "plenty good to win with?" Where is the evidence that this is all you need?

I need to see Cousins make the playoffs, and WIN a bit once he gets there. I need to see him notch some BIG WINS, in games that matter against legit playoff caliber opponents. Not saying he can't. But I'm not committing $23m to a QB who i haven't seen win these types of games. i'd rather commit to a blue chip kid any day. Cousins is getting this money BECAUSE Washington can't make up their minds and went TAG route. He's still proving he belongs at that level.
    Last edited by JWilly; 10-03-2017 at 01:39 PM.

Cousins was always a 2nd tier QB who beats up bad defenses. Though he did play a nice game last night and perhaps he is getting better. Still not completely sold

Quote Originally Posted by JWilly View Post
    Ahh, been a while for this quote. I'm not down on Cousins per se, I can believe that he could continue to develop and become BETTER than the sentence you just wrote here. Because THAT is my point, where is the evidence that backs up your claim here? Where are these SB champion QBs who are "game manager QBs" that are "plenty good to win with?" Where is the evidence that this is all you need?

I need to see Cousins make the playoffs, and WIN a bit once he gets there. I need to see him notch some BIG WINS, in games that matter against legit playoff caliber opponents. Not saying he can't. But I'm not committing $23m to a QB who i haven't seen win these types of games. i'd rather commit to a blue chip kid any day. Cousins is getting this money BECAUSE Washington can't make up their minds and went TAG route. He's still proving he belongs at that level.
    We tried that with Neil O'Donnell. How's that work out for us?????

Nothing about Cousins says Neil O'Donnell to me, he's made the playoffs two years in a row now. I read somwhere tgat over the last 22 or so games he has the highest QB rating in the league and the highest completion %. Last year he threw for 5,000 yards.

His arm is stronger now than when he came in the league and he's making all the throws now. I want to win now, we can also draft a QB and develop for down the line, you cannot have enough of a good thing sonetimes.
    Ain't nobody better mess with the fine feathered figaro!

Team Owner
    Slik did you see Cousins in last year's playoff game against the Packers, after going 8-7-1 and squeaking into the playoffs?

You love that sort of thing, don't you ?
    Last edited by pope; 10-03-2017 at 04:18 PM.

As opposed to what? Rooting for losing in the hopes of getting a guy who does not want to play in NY, and may not even come out, and even if he does has major major mechanics flaws that will take at least a year to fix?

I'll roll with Cousins who from all accounts is improving every year. Draft a QB anyway and keep it rolling. We still have not finished developing Petty and Hack, yet want to take on another project.

Wallow in he misery of winning all you want, I will enjoy this young team in the mean time and hope Petty gets his shot soon.

Team Owner
    Again, you think Darnold is the only blue chip prospect, he's not.

How are you going to develop Hack & Petty by signing Cousins to a long term big money deal in the offseason?

You & GGBit love the idea of yearly mediocrity.

Cousins is a younger Fitz and Petty & Hack are terrible.

Please tell me how 5 wins or 6 wins or 7 wins qualifies as "winning"

This wallowing in the misery of winning? We are 2-2 and have two wins over bad teams. You think we should be HAPPIER to win 6 and have a gaping hole at the ONLY position that defines your ultimate chances, rather than get 2 wins and a stud QB prospect?

We agree to disagree. Once we draft a QB, I will root for wins 1000000% of the time.
    Last edited by JWilly; 10-03-2017 at 07:06 PM.