Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Pope why is it exactly you hate Cousins?

Hybrid View

Pope why is it exactly you hate Cousins?

The guy only seems to get better and better. Threw for almost 5,000 yards last year, he's a 66% completion guy. He may not have the arm that Stafford has but he makes all the throws, I would not mind signing this guy at all, plus he rallies the team behind him.

Build an offensive line and bring in another RB and WR plus Enunwa next year and we are a team to be reckoned with, plus Cousins steps in day one, we can also draft another QB like Falk or Mayfield and bring him up slowly with no pressure along with Petty or Hack.
    Ain't nobody better mess with the fine feathered figaro!

He torched Oakland and now is torching KC too. The guy is a quality QB, a franchise guy at this point if Washington doesn't pay him I would be glad if we did.

Because he and JE1 used to fight over him all the time, as pope decides really early on if a QB is good or sucks (nothing in between). He's sorta like bit in that way. JE1 argued in favor of Cousins and pope ridiculed him over and over. So now he has a vested interest in Cousins failing to prove he was "right" all along.

Team Owner
    If you want to go 8-8 every year he's your guy

I'm not watching but 17 points is torching?

Cousins threw a ball that would've won the game but Doctson couldn't hold on, KC won the game but Cousins was brilliant all night. He's having a very good season, so far he's only thrown one pick.

You haven't told me why he sucks, I don't see it. Could it be he not the rest of the team why they win games? I mean the guy is a 66% career QB. He moves the offense and puts up points. I think he's getting better and better. His arm looks stronger too.

Team Owner
    Listen I hear it every year after he has a good game here & there then by the end of the year it's crickets

There's a reason why Washington hasn't committed to him long term

I'm not watching games this year so don't bother asking me any longer

He looks damn good to me! I'll take him im a heartbeat, empty the bank and sign this guy amd then continue to add playmakers. Maybe we can sign Pryor to come with him next year. Pryor looks like a true number one amd he's getting better.

Quote Originally Posted by slikmojet View Post
    He looks damn good to me! I'll take him im a heartbeat, empty the bank and sign this guy amd then continue to add playmakers. Maybe we can sign Pryor to come with him next year. Pryor looks like a true number one amd he's getting better.
    Plenty good to win with. Good game manager, good mobility,escapability, decent arm, good decisions, moxie, etc. What's not to like? Oh right, he yelled "You like that? You like that?!" into a camera after a game once.

Quote Originally Posted by ibleedgreen View Post
    Plenty good to win with. Good game manager, good mobility,escapability, decent arm, good decisions, moxie, etc. What's not to like?
    Ahh, been a while for this quote. I'm not down on Cousins per se, I can believe that he could continue to develop and become BETTER than the sentence you just wrote here. Because THAT is my point, where is the evidence that backs up your claim here? Where are these SB champion QBs who are "game manager QBs" that are "plenty good to win with?" Where is the evidence that this is all you need?

I need to see Cousins make the playoffs, and WIN a bit once he gets there. I need to see him notch some BIG WINS, in games that matter against legit playoff caliber opponents. Not saying he can't. But I'm not committing $23m to a QB who i haven't seen win these types of games. i'd rather commit to a blue chip kid any day. Cousins is getting this money BECAUSE Washington can't make up their minds and went TAG route. He's still proving he belongs at that level.
    Last edited by JWilly; 10-03-2017 at 02:39 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by JWilly View Post
    Ahh, been a while for this quote. I'm not down on Cousins per se, I can believe that he could continue to develop and become BETTER than the sentence you just wrote here. Because THAT is my point, where is the evidence that backs up your claim here? Where are these SB champion QBs who are "game manager QBs" that are "plenty good to win with?" Where is the evidence that this is all you need?

I need to see Cousins make the playoffs, and WIN a bit once he gets there. I need to see him notch some BIG WINS, in games that matter against legit playoff caliber opponents. Not saying he can't. But I'm not committing $23m to a QB who i haven't seen win these types of games. i'd rather commit to a blue chip kid any day. Cousins is getting this money BECAUSE Washington can't make up their minds and went TAG route. He's still proving he belongs at that level.
    We tried that with Neil O'Donnell. How's that work out for us?????