Thread: Now that the O-line has gelled..

Now that the O-line has gelled..

..is it time to start playing the young QB's? I wanted McCown to start the season figuring he would take the early beating in case the O-line wasn't up to par but it looks like they're a solid unit now. Waiting until the Jets are eliminated from the playoffs doesn't seem enough time to evaluate Petty and Hack in real game situations, because pre-season and practice are not sufficient. Unless the Jets have already determined that they're drafting a QB and it's going to be draft pick, Petty, and Hack next season.

I want Petty in there.
    Ain't nobody better mess with the fine feathered figaro!

Quote Originally Posted by SOF.Gator View Post
    ..is it time to start playing the young QB's? I wanted McCown to start the season figuring he would take the early beating in case the O-line wasn't up to par but it looks like they're a solid unit now. Waiting until the Jets are eliminated from the playoffs doesn't seem enough time to evaluate Petty and Hack in real game situations, because pre-season and practice are not sufficient. Unless the Jets have already determined that they're drafting a QB and it's going to be draft pick, Petty, and Hack next season.
    Looks like they're developing as I hoped they would. Kudos to Mac & Morton for getting the job done.

I also have to give them credit for the big day that the team had against the Jags in the running game. Some of the holes Powell & McGuire were running through were huge.
    "On to 2017"

McCown is not sitting until we are out of the playoff race. And i wouldnt exactly say the OLINE has gelled yet. Yes we rushed for 256 yards but over 50% of those yards came on 2 carries and one was a bit flukeish where Jax' D thought the play was dead. There were to may running plays SUNDAY where the RB was stoned at the line.

And the pass protection was shaky Sunday, though ill admit Jacksonville has a good pass rush.

Quote Originally Posted by JetsMan57 View Post
    McCown is not sitting until we are out of the playoff race. And i wouldnt exactly say the OLINE has gelled yet. Yes we rushed for 256 yards but over 50% of those yards came on 2 carries and one was a bit flukeish where Jax' D thought the play was dead. There were to may running plays SUNDAY where the RB was stoned at the line.

And the pass protection was shaky Sunday, though ill admit Jacksonville has a good pass rush.
    mortons game calling has more to do with the lack of sacks than the OTs play.. hes making chicken salad...

The line had problems, it's not like it was a great game by them. The two runs obscure the fact that McCown got sacked 5 times.
    Ain't nobody better mess with the fine feathered figaro!