Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Hey Larry re: Yanks

Quote Originally Posted by ibleedgreen6 View Post
    Pulling CC was somewhat questionable, but it's not like he was lights out. That vaunted BP should have been able to protect a 5 run lead. It was a bit conservative, but I can see making that move if you are all hands on deck mode (knowing 0-2 is almost certain death unless you have David Ortiz).

And they didn't have the benefit of the super slow-mo replay when they made the call on not challenging. Otherwise, like the play at second, there was no way to know.

I'd blame the pinch runner getting picked off and then out of position on the winning hit more than him. Was it on Girardi for pinch running? And Chapman nearly tossed the game away too on that stupid throw while he was falling backwards. That guy is mistake waiting to happen.

But like I said, at least you got an exciting game to watch. Both of the Sox games were over in about 15 minutes.
    77 pitches and cruising along...no reason to overmanange and pull him then.
    Green didn't have it and he waited too long to get DR up
    And no Slo mo replay??? Who cares??? The batter never moved towards first, you had guys on the bench as well as the catcher screaming that it dint hit him and it would have been the last out of the inning. WTF was he waiting for????? Then he says its because he didn't want to hurt his pitchers rhythm??? It would have taken too long to replay??? It would have also been the last out of the damn inning Joe!!! Instead they got 4 runs!!! Absolutely NO excuse not to challenge that.

Yes, the pen should be able to hold a 5 run lead but the pen has been totally overused this week (another reason NOT to pull CC btw)!

Joe totally shit the bed last night and if Big George were still around his head would be on the chopping block for that display last night. No excuses at all. He blew the game for them last night from the bench.
    Last edited by MSGold12; 10-07-2017 at 08:10 PM.

Team Owner
    That one hurt, Girardi managed well all season but he really butchered that game yesterday.

You don't get many chances to beat up on Kluber like that, what a shame

Not challenging was mindless but im not so sure that play gets overturned so it didnt bother me as much. Its NY on the road against the darlings of MLB (everyone wants to see the Tribe end their curse like the Cubs last year) in one of those "it looks like it hit the butt of the bat but we are not 100% sure so we cant over turn it."

What really irked me was taking CC out too early, not handing the 8th to Betances after he blew the side away the night before and not letting Severino start the 13th. You cannot worry about a game 4 you are probably not going to see.

Girardi is a good manager, but sadly i think he may have 95 Showalter'd himself Friday. I dont think he is surviving this.
    Last edited by JetsMan57; 10-08-2017 at 06:54 PM.

Team Owner
    On to Houston

Give Joe credit, he pulled all the right strings after butchering game two

Quote Originally Posted by pope View Post
    On to Houston

I dunno, Judge, Sanchez and Bird looking more and more like Arod, Tex and co pony.HR strike out, hit into shifts.
    Bad manager.

Quote Originally Posted by pope View Post
    On to Houston

Congrats. After that awful game two loss, winning three straight is pretty impressive. Hard to believe Didi is the hero and the monkey lives to coach another day. LOL

But that's how it goes sometimes. You run into a Gardner with bases loaded when you really need an out instead of a free-swinging choker trying to be a hero. No one in Boston would know the name Mark Belhorn if not for his post season heroics. Some guys just have a knack for it and thrive on the moment. One swing can make up for a season of ineptitutde!

(Not that Didi is that type of player, just making a point.. )
    Last edited by ibleedgreen; 10-12-2017 at 12:03 PM.

That's why I take Benintendi over Judge. His bat is cold, he's slow on the bases, and he's a liability in the field (and just cost you a game and perhaps a Championship).

Celebrating in the 2nd Deck
    Quote Originally Posted by ibleedgreen View Post
    That's why I take Benintendi over Judge. His bat is cold, he's slow on the bases, and he's a liability in the field (and just cost you a game and perhaps a Championship).
    He looks pitiful at the plate that's for sure but..... he's still playing baseball for a championship and Bennihana is playing golf.

Quote Originally Posted by Jesus Jet View Post
    He looks pitiful at the plate that's for sure but..... he's still playing baseball for a championship and Bennihana is playing golf.
    And if they fail to advance, that play was a big part of it..

Games don't usually come down to one play, but if they ever did, that was it.

Must win for game three now..