Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Hey Larry re: Yanks

Quote Originally Posted by MSGold12 View Post
    Yeah but anything can happen in a one and done. Win or lose this season has been a big success. And it sets them up for a big 2018 when expectations and the bar will be much higher.
    Good sign for the Yanks. Big hits made the difference.

I admit I was rooting against them, as usual, but I half wanted to see what this team can do moving forward too.

Cleveland is tough.

Girardi again expertly navigates around a 1st inning disaster by his starter in an elimination game (Nova a few years ago). He is so underappreciated in this town.

Quote Originally Posted by JetsMan57 View Post
    Girardi again expertly navigates around a 1st inning disaster by his starter in an elimination game (Nova a few years ago). He is so underappreciated in this town.
    Yeah, he looks like a doofus, but usually makes the right move at the right time. I'd rather have him than the dolt the Sox have.

Quote Originally Posted by ibleedgreen View Post
    Yeah, he looks like a doofus, but usually makes the right move at the right time. I'd rather have him than the dolt the Sox have.
    That pen is what separates the Yanks from other teams. It is truly dominant so deep and they didnt even use Betances last night. Severino spit the bit and they picked him up big time. But last night is why I still dont trust severino as an ace. But man...Judge, Sanchez, DiDi, Bird, and Hicks had a hell of a nice showing for their first October games. And look out for Bird next year. If he stays healthy he's going to have a monster year.

Yanks and Sox should be a fierce battle for the next 10 years. Just like old times!

That pen is what separates the Yanks from other teams. It is truly dominant so deep and they didnt even use Betances last night. Severino spit the bit and they picked him up big time. But last night is why I still dont trust severino as an ace. But man...Judge, Sanchez, DiDi, Bird, and Hicks had a hell of a nice showing for their first October games. And look out for Bird next year. If he stays healthy he's going to have a monster year.

Yanks and Sox should be a fierce battle for the next 10 years. Just like old times!
    Yep, the Sox bullpen has been pretty good too, but not quite what the Yanks have. Luckily we have the edge in starting pitching. A potential ALCS would come down to clutch hitting, base running, fielding, the little things.

Quote Originally Posted by ibleedgreen View Post
    Yep, the Sox bullpen has been pretty good too, but not quite what the Yanks have. Luckily we have the edge in starting pitching. A potential ALCS would come down to clutch hitting, base running, fielding, the little things.
    Exactly why I want the Yanks to try and parlay some of that young talent into an ace. IMO its the last missing piece to a decade of dominance. Syndegaard (for example), Severino, Montgomery, Gray and Tanaka/CC would be as good a rotation as any in baseball. Especially if Montgomery progresses to what I think he is goign to be. Add in that pen and that lineup and the Yanks would be pretty darn unstoppable. But now as constructed I give the Sox the edge in the rotation because of Sale. But the rest of the rotation is pretty even.

Quote Originally Posted by JetsMan57 View Post
    Best managed game of Girardi's career but even so, DH'ing Ells instead of Headley was crazy stupid.

Don't know if Sevy will EVER really be an ace, to me an ace is 6'3 and a horse.

Exactly why I want the Yanks to try and parlay some of that young talent into an ace. IMO its the last missing piece to a decade of dominance. Syndegaard (for example), Severino, Montgomery, Gray and Tanaka/CC would be as good a rotation as any in baseball. Especially if Montgomery progresses to what I think he is goign to be. Add in that pen and that lineup and the Yanks would be pretty darn unstoppable. But now as constructed I give the Sox the edge in the rotation because of Sale. But the rest of the rotation is pretty even.
    I been telling for the last 3-4 years that Yankees had studs coming, even the guys they traded and now, there are potential starting pitchers like Severino & Montgomery throughout the system.
    Hell, Cashman let Kahnle go in RULE five so he could protect some 34 year old bums they kept instead.

Truth is, all the Sox top starters have been lit up in recent weeks, so I have my doubts (esp. after what happened last year). Pomeranz has been spectacular for most of the year, like Sale, but both could have a bad start. It happens.

One wildcard to watch is Price. Since he's come back as middle-to-late reliever, he's been lights out and pinpoint accurate. He and Kimbrel will be tough on any lineup. Scoring late for either team would be really tough.
    Last edited by ibleedgreen; 10-04-2017 at 03:29 PM.