Matt Lombardo
NJ Advance Media for NJ.com

CARSON, Calif. -- Eagles fans typically travel well, but Sunday's game against the Los Angeles Chargers was a de-facto ninth home game with midnight-green clad fans in the clear majority of the seats at StubHub Center.

Prior to the game, Eagles fans loudly booed every Chargers position group that took the field during pre-game warmups and greeted the Eagles with even louder boos.

"It's a smaller venue in that 27,000 to 30,000 range," Eagles head coach Doug Pederson said this week. "It will be a little different. I don't want that to be a distraction for our football team, and for any of us going out there.

"But I do know that our fans do travel well, and they are all over the country and I would expect probably a good turnout for Eagle fans this weekend."

Perhaps at no other time was the presence of the Eagles' fans felt than during pre-game introductions when the visiting Eagles were greeting with a resounding standing ovation, chants of 'E-A-G-L-E-S ... EAGLES' and 'Dallas Sucks' as the Cowboys game against the Los Angeles Rams flashed across the scoreboard.

When the Chargers players were announced running out of the tunnel, the boos were deafening.

When play began, the Chargers offense began on the 25-yard line in front of the end zone largely populated by Eagles fans, and it was obvious that the noise impacted their ability communicate pre-snap.

You can check out video of the Chargers taking the field prior to the game, and being soundly booed by the Eagles faithful in attendance above.

They thought they were back at the Vet ! ....