Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: FOX blacks out anthem

FOX blacks out anthem

I thought I missed it, but apparently Fox decided to stop broadcasting the anthem LIVE, with the exception of the remaining game in London (and probably only because they have to broadcast "God Save The Queen").

Hmmm, my more cynical side thinks this is a huge win for some people (as I have been suggesting). An even bigger win for this group would be to have the anthem stop being played altogether.

Just remember, it's not about the flag, the military, or the anthem. No, never was.

https://www.si.com/nfl/2017/10/01/fo...nthem-coverage
    Last edited by ibleedgreen6; 10-01-2017 at 09:43 PM.

ESPN follows suit for MNF.

Gee, almost like they had it all planned in advance.
    Last edited by Talon_60; 10-02-2017 at 05:57 PM.

the league gets paid by the armed forces to roll out the big flag before the games

they aren't paid to broadcast that recruitment commercial.

that's extra.

Quote Originally Posted by bitonti View Post
    the league gets paid by the armed forces to roll out the big flag before the games

they aren't paid to broadcast that recruitment commercial.

that's extra.
    Asshole!!!!!!
    "On to 2017"

Quote Originally Posted by ret2ski View Post
    Asshole!!!!!!
    I say keep protesting, keep showing it.

I doubt these idiots know it's costing them real money.

They don't understand business, leftists don't go to games and tailgate.

Quote Originally Posted by leftylarry View Post
    I say keep protesting, keep showing it.

I doubt these idiots know it's costing them real money.

They don't understand business, leftists don't go to games and tailgate.
    And apparently FOX & ESPN have never heard of the internet so they don't think we'll find out about the kneeling & black power fist raising.

I noticed that there were a lot of empty seats at the stadium for the Jets game yesterday. Don't know how many were because of the product folks expected on the field vs how many were about voting with dollars about the protests, but likely some of each.

I have limited ability to affect NFL revenue, but am doing everything I can. Haven't tuned into a game on regular TV, nor have I tuned into the NFL network. I don't buy NFL branded gear so I can't hurt them there.

I did watch games yesterday at my favorite sports bar, but that's because not going would only have hurt the owner (who's a friend) & his employees & not the NFL!
    "On to 2017"

There's nothing in flag etiquette that talks about standing for the anthem. it's literally not in the rules.

you know what is in the rules tho? Wearing any part of the flag as clothing (like kid rock) is not allowed unless you are an active duty uniformed civil servent or soldier. Wearing a flag as a bandana? or as shorts? that's highly disrespectful actually.

you know what else is in the rules? Not keeping the flag out in the rain. not letting it touch the ground etc? how many people here really observe the flag rules? or even know about them?

as for the anthem, They didn't always play the anthem before games. It used to be like a once in a while thing, like on July 4 during the 7th inning stretch

the tradition actually started during WWII to honor the soldiers over seas. Which is a noble thing.

but we haven't been at war like WWII for 70 years (and we probably never will again)

if we do something over and over it loses significance. There's no football reason why the anthem needs to be played before every game.

It's got nothing to do with the game. It does have something to do with a fat paycheck paid by the Armed forced recruitment advertising budget. It's not pure patriotism. It's something the league does for money.

Lightbulb

There is a law that at large gatherings either the anthem or Pledge must be observed as to signify that that gathering was not organized for the sole purpose of furthering a rebellion against the Federal Government .
    "E-A-G-L-E-S ... EAGLES!"

So, I wonder if they are reconsidering, in light of the massacre in LV, in favor of the need for a collective moment of silence and hearing our national anthem?

Will they instead choose to promote real unity (as opposed to whatever that was last week)?

My money says, NO.

So, ESPN reversed their no anthem policy in the wake of the LV Massacre.

And there was only one f@$khead tonight .. and he gets instant karma.. lol

http://ijr.com/the-declaration/2017/...term=ijamerica
    Last edited by ibleedgreen; 10-03-2017 at 02:47 AM.