Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: This is SO AWESOME!!!!

You're putting it all on Darnold, and at this point it's not even 100% that he's coming out. He's already stated reservations about playing for the Jets, and lately he's been in a slump. His mechanics need work as his windup release from the hip will get him stripped a lot, we already saw that the last against WSU. Darnold is at least a one year project, he does not have enough experience yet to be thrust into the job.

The other guy Rosen might be a better option for us anyway, he might be had later in the draft. There is also the possibility of trading for a veteran QB like Luck or Brees, the Jets have some ammunition.

I don't even know at this point if losing every game for Darnold is worth it, we are still developing two projects in Petty and Hackenberg, we still don't know for sure if neither of these guys can lead this team. There is a lot of football left from here until he draft.

Losing every game does not bode well for the next QB, it would imply that a lot more than just the QB is wrong with the team. Throwing a sophomore right in with a bad team is a recipe for disaster.

Root for losees all you want MSG but the chips may not fall exactly like you want them in the end anyway, and all you will be is frustrated anyway. Take it one game at a time and see what happens, Darnold is not the only good QB coming out this year, there is Rosen, there is Rudolph, there is Allen, there is Falk. All foir are capable of being franchise QB's not only Darnold. People just annoited Darnold after Penn State last year but now the warts are showing, not such a sure shot anymore.
    Ain't nobody better mess with the fine feathered figaro!

Quote Originally Posted by MSGold12 View Post
    I only saw his quote because it was in your post (he is thankfully still on my ignore list) and all I can say is its an attitude like that whihc is why this team hasnt won a SB in 50 years. Its that simple.
    When is the last time the Jets fielded 2 bona fide very good teams in back to back seasons? Not too many, so that shuts down the winning culture argument. I can't think of a very good team that didn't draft a few key star players early in the draft, outside of the Pats.

Quote Originally Posted by slikmojet View Post
    You're putting it all on Darnold, and at this point it's not even 100% that he's coming out. He's already stated reservations about playing for the Jets, and lately he's been in a slump. His mechanics need work as his windup release from the hip will get him stripped a lot, we already saw that the last against WSU. Darnold is at least a one year project, he does not have enough experience yet to be thrust into the job.

The other guy Rosen might be a better option for us anyway, he might be had later in the draft. There is also the possibility of trading for a veteran QB like Luck or Brees, the Jets have some ammunition.

I don't even know at this point if losing every game for Darnold is worth it, we are still developing two projects in Petty and Hackenberg, we still don't know for sure if neither of these guys can lead this team. There is a lot of football left from here until he draft.

Losing every game does not bode well for the next QB, it would imply that a lot more than just the QB is wrong with the team. Throwing a sophomore right in with a bad team is a recipe for disaster.

Root for losees all you want MSG but the chips may not fall exactly like you want them in the end anyway, and all you will be is frustrated anyway. Take it one game at a time and see what happens, Darnold is not the only good QB coming out this year, there is Rosen, there is Rudolph, there is Allen, there is Falk. All foir are capable of being franchise QB's not only Darnold. People just annoited Darnold after Penn State last year but now the warts are showing, not such a sure shot anymore.
    IM not putting it all on Darnold. Your mssing the point. We need to position ourselves for a SHOT at one of the blue chip QBs. With one there is at least a chance. Wihtout one we have NO chance. Zero! Unless Petty somehow steps up and is the answer but we dont know that erither because we are wasting snaps on a 37 year old journey man so Bowles can save his job. We arent developing Stewart ior Hansen bcause Kerley has to play. You see wher I am going wiht this? This is 2015 all over again only we are even LESS talented.

An trading for an aging vet? On a team whose avergae age is like 24 and you want to add Brees? Luck? Thats going to cost you multi0ple #1s and he may not even be on the block! Develop Petty? OK then why is McNown playing? Hack? Really? I was the biggest proponent of giving him a chance but after seeing him this pore season it s pretty clear he is NOT the answer. Come on Slik you are smarter then this. The ONLY chance this team has is to land a FQB in the draft. I get that none of them are a sure ting but we have NO chance wihtout taking a flier on one of these guys. We dumped every vet on the team in order to get a shot at one of these guys and what are we doing???? PLaying a 37 year old QB to get spome extra wins so our shitty HC can save his own hyde? So we can drop further in the draft and land up taking another defsnive player? Or worse reach for a red chip QB as we did wiht Sanchez? And you dont understand why I am feeling the way I am as we beat a bunch of doormats?

You guys who "just want to be entertained" are very frustrating to talk to.

Quote Originally Posted by MSGold12 View Post
    We dumped every vet on the team in order to get a shot at one of these guys and what are we doing????
    Is it crazy to think McCagnan and Bowles thought they were actually improving by replacing the guys they cut? Who would you rather have Robbie Anderson or Brandon Marshall who looks shot with the Giants right now? Revis or Claiborne? Maye/Adams or Gilbrhist/Pryor? David Harris is shot, Wesley JOhnson is holding his own and Mangold is semi-retired so they probably upgraded there too.

Quote Originally Posted by JetsMan57 View Post
    Is it crazy to think McCagnan and Bowles thought they were actually improving by replacing the guys they cut? Who would you rather have Robbie Anderson or Brandon Marshall who looks shot with the Giants right now? Revis or Claiborne? Maye/Adams or Gilbrhist/Pryor? David Harris is shot, Wesley JOhnson is holding his own and Mangold is semi-retired so they probably upgraded there too.
    NOt crazy at all...but I doubt they saw dumping thiose guys as leading to more wins in the short term.

Quote Originally Posted by bitonti View Post
    if you can't enjoy the wins and you obviously can't enjoy the losses then why bother even watching at all?
    Cheap , cheap, cheap.. with low standards.. a true democrat

You don't want to be entertained? What else do you want from football? Even after the superbowl is won, so what? It's all entertainment, that's all!

Petty should be playing that's for sure. But Kerley is a smart vet, still young and pretty effective at getting open. Ardarius is getting some snaps, no problem sitting Hansen while he watches and learns.

I want to see Petty in there, I know what we have in McCown already.
    Ain't nobody better mess with the fine feathered figaro!

Quote Originally Posted by slikmojet View Post
    You don't want to be entertained? What else do you want from football? Even after the superbowl is won, so what? It's all entertainment, that's all!

Petty should be playing that's for sure. But Kerley is a smart vet, still young and pretty effective at getting open. Ardarius is getting some snaps, no problem sitting Hansen while he watches and learns.

I want to see Petty in there, I know what we have in McCown already.
    Dont get all self righteous with me. Ive told you already. After 50 years I want to be in a SB. Treading water and winning between 5 and 9 games eveyr year wiht the occassional playoff birth does nothing for me anymore. You think Pats fans or Steeler fans or Giants fans or Cowboy fans or Broncos fans are "happy to be entertained"? No, they want a SB run every year. The team understands that their fans expoect that and thus THAT is the ultimate goal. OUr team fucking celebrates wild card births like we;ve won something! Your problem is Youve been beaten down by the Jets for so long and had the bar loweered so low that for you just watching a good game with a few wins sprinkled in there is enough. Sorry...that not me. I want to see a title or at least a real shot at one.