Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: This is SO AWESOME!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by pope View Post
    Get ready for the Alex Smith era in 2018

This team even tanks at tanking
    One thing that this current coaching staff must prove is that they can coach up young QB's. This doesn't mean that they have to turn shit into sugar but they should at least maximize whatever talent is there. This has to be proven on the field and not just practice time. If this staff can't prove that, then the Jets might as well keep signing veteran QB's and be mediocre for the next 10-15 years.

Packers Moderator
    Heres the backstory with Komy Ealy and his sister from NFL 360. Gives you an extra reason to root for the guy.

http://www.sportingnews.com/nfl/vide...i1i3vquonyhadq
    2008 NFLFans Fantasy Football League Champion

Quote Originally Posted by JetsMan57 View Post
    I dont know if you guys remember but I said during preseason dont be surprised if the Jets were 3-2 after week 5. Well beat the lowly browns next week and we are 3-2. I never thought this was 2 or 3 win talent team and the 0-16 talk was completely absurd. The good news is after next week there are a lot of losses on the horizon. We arent beating the Pats, Broncos, Panther etc.

Next I must say some of you are taking this tank stuff a bit too far. You really expect the players to go out there and lay down so we can draft the QB of our dreams (who hasnt even declared yet)? If anything all the tank talk that has been crammed down their throats all offseason and preseason has united the team. Just look at what some of the players are tweeting and saying in the post games. Ifts fueled them. You have a guy like Kony Ealy playing for his sister who he just lost. He doesnt give a shit about Sam Darnold or Josh Rosen

Also why would you expect Bowles who is coaching for his job and possibly his head coaching career to put the worst possible team out there so we can lose and draft a QB who he will never coach? If you were on the hot seat at your job would you purposely underperform? Show up late ever day, take 2 hour lunch breaks, leave early every day? So you cant blame bowles for playing a 37 year old QB if he helps him win games and save his job. You would do the same exact thing.

Like I said i watch teh games carefree now. i was having wrestling matches with my God son inbetween commercial breaks. I root for the young kids to play well. If we lose great if we win whatever. The Jets had franchise QBs under their noses many times over an decided to pass on them. THey didnt take Wilson, they didnt take Carr and although its still too early it looks like passing on Watson could have been a blunder too.

The Jets need to get out of their own freaking way.
    Don't you see 57...your last sentence nailed it and explained seeing the forest through the trees. Of course I never expected this team to just lay down. And yeah, I totally get WHY Bowles is playing McNown. But that IS the problem! The fucking organization is "rebuilding" with a 37 year old QB because they have decided to start the rebuild in year THREE of this regime! This is exactly why 2015 was SO detrimental! Because yet again it screwed everything up. So instead of a first year HC and a first year GM not worrying about their jobs and just worrying about building the best team possible, this fucking team trots out a 37 year old vet and starts guys like Jeremy Kerley because the HC is worried about losing his job! I men why the fuck did we cut all those vets for then??? Might as well have just kept some and gone 7-9 so Bowles could feel totally comfy!!! Its Like you said....this organization can NEVER get out of its own way! Like I said, I could almost stomach the meaningless Bowles saving winning if Petty were playing, and Hansen and Stewart, etc. But this???? This is Fitz 2.0.

THIS is why it is so fruitless and pointless. Because it NEVER changes. The Colts lost Manning and did they run out and sign some vet to keep them competitive? No...they sucked and landed Luck! We are half assing the rebuild yet again and why? So a shitty HC can save his own ass???? This organization is, has been and always will be a fucking joke and will never get it right. So no, I odnt watch the games carefree...I have now resorted to not watching them at all. I tivo the game and then decide later if I want to watch any of it. And I kept saying to myself, well, if they lose a lot and get a shot at a top QB prospect then I'll reengage. A now they are fucking that up yet again because they are the organization that is the very definition of dysfunction. So whats the damn point....

We could've had Watson and Cook, 1 and two and we'd be a different team, but we didn't. I don't trust the Jets and the draft so I just root for wins and not focus on the future too much.

Next year we have 80 million under us a first and two seconds... Hard to fuck it up, but Idzik did once, so you never know.
    Ain't nobody better mess with the fine feathered figaro!

Quote Originally Posted by slikmojet View Post
    We could've had Watson and Cook, 1 and two and we'd be a different team, but we didn't. I don't trust the Jets and the draft so I just root for wins and not focus on the future too much.

Next year we have 80 million under us a first and two seconds... Hard to fuck it up, but Idzik did once, so you never know.
    yeah, and cook is done acl and from what i remeber thts as much reson he made it to 2nd round

Quote Originally Posted by slikmojet View Post

So you just want t be entertained? Your throwing in with that crowd? OK...but its you and Bit and GG so chew on being a part of that company.

Look, You cannot build a team through FA. Its been tried again and again (even by us) and it never works. Unless you build an all time D you must get a QB. And the only way to get a QB is to draft one. MAYBE they could get lucky and nab one at 8 or 10 or 12...but its unlikely with the history of this POS organization. Instead they just keep on with the same flawed strategy. Only this time it will save a shitty coach like it id with Herm all those years.

Sorry, thats just not me as a fan. Ive been through 50 years of this same "teasing" shit. Its SB or bust for me now and until I see them making actual strides towards that goal, Im done. Whats the point? And playing a 37 year old QB and watching him throw to a bunch of JAG WRs while the kids we drafted sit on the bench IMO is not making strides. Its running in mud as usual.

I dont know if you guys remember but I said during preseason dont be surprised if the Jets were 3-2 after week 5. Well beat the lowly browns next week and we are 3-2. I never thought this was 2 or 3 win talent team and the 0-16 talk was completely absurd. The good news is after next week there are a lot of losses on the horizon. We arent beating the Pats, Broncos, Panther etc.

Next I must say some of you are taking this tank stuff a bit too far. You really expect the players to go out there and lay down so we can draft the QB of our dreams (who hasnt even declared yet)? If anything all the tank talk that has been crammed down their throats all offseason and preseason has united the team. Just look at what some of the players are tweeting and saying in the post games. Ifts fueled them. You have a guy like Kony Ealy playing for his sister who he just lost. He doesnt give a shit about Sam Darnold or Josh Rosen

Also why would you expect Bowles who is coaching for his job and possibly his head coaching career to put the worst possible team out there so we can lose and draft a QB who he will never coach? If you were on the hot seat at your job would you purposely underperform? Show up late ever day, take 2 hour lunch breaks, leave early every day? So you cant blame bowles for playing a 37 year old QB if he helps him win games and save his job. You would do the same exact thing.

Like I said i watch teh games carefree now. i was having wrestling matches with my God son inbetween commercial breaks. I root for the young kids to play well. If we lose great if we win whatever. The Jets had franchise QBs under their noses many times over an decided to pass on them. THey didnt take Wilson, they didnt take Carr and although its still too early it looks like passing on Watson could have been a blunder too.

The Jets need to get out of their own freaking way.
    Good post, esp paragraph 2. Should we call it the "Major League Effect"?

The tank talk was always unrealistic. This is the NFL and they value parity most of all. You have to be really bad and get a lot of bad breaks and try to lose 14+games.

That said, I made a friendly bet with my bro-in-law Pats fan. I asked will the Pats lose more games than the Jets win or vise versa. He took the Pats. I may have won already. LOL

Quote Originally Posted by MnJetFan View Post
    I think including myself that this team would suck The sports writers were the Jets were going to tank, but someone forget to tell the Jets(puke). I am shocked!
    And then they had the nerve to say "I told you so" after it didn't happen..

Quote Originally Posted by MSGold12 View Post
    Don't you see 57...your last sentence nailed it and explained seeing the forest through the trees. Of course I never expected this team to just lay down. And yeah, I totally get WHY Bowles is playing McNown. But that IS the problem! The fucking organization is "rebuilding" with a 37 year old QB because they have decided to start the rebuild in year THREE of this regime! This is exactly why 2015 was SO detrimental! Because yet again it screwed everything up. So instead of a first year HC and a first year GM not worrying about their jobs and just worrying about building the best team possible, this fucking team trots out a 37 year old vet and starts guys like Jeremy Kerley because the HC is worried about losing his job! I men why the fuck did we cut all those vets for then??? Might as well have just kept some and gone 7-9 so Bowles could feel totally comfy!!! Its Like you said....this organization can NEVER get out of its own way! Like I said, I could almost stomach the meaningless Bowles saving winning if Petty were playing, and Hansen and Stewart, etc. But this???? This is Fitz 2.0.

THIS is why it is so fruitless and pointless. Because it NEVER changes. The Colts lost Manning and did they run out and sign some vet to keep them competitive? No...they sucked and landed Luck! We are half assing the rebuild yet again and why? So a shitty HC can save his own ass???? This organization is, has been and always will be a fucking joke and will never get it right. So no, I odnt watch the games carefree...I have now resorted to not watching them at all. I tivo the game and then decide later if I want to watch any of it. And I kept saying to myself, well, if they lose a lot and get a shot at a top QB prospect then I'll reengage. A now they are fucking that up yet again because they are the organization that is the very definition of dysfunction. So whats the damn point....
    We are in complete agreement. McCags should have been ordered to continue the rebuild which was Idziks plan but he just couldnt draft for shit.

It was funny watching the Jets get some of the breaks they got yesterday where they probably enver get if they are a true contender. Powells flukeish TD run, a phantom holding call on Jax's late go ahead TD, marquise lee dropping a pass that puts them in FG range in OT. A Personal foul in OT that puts us right in FG range. Its like the football powers still have it in for us lol

We are in complete agreement. McCags should have been ordered to continue the rebuild which was Idziks plan but he just couldnt draft for shit.

It was funny watching the Jets get some of the breaks they got yesterday where they probably enver get if they are a true contender. Powells flukeish TD run, a phantom holding call on Jax's late go ahead TD, marquise lee dropping a pass that puts them in FG range in OT. A Personal foul in OT that puts us right in FG range. Its like the football powers still have it in for us lol
    Same thing in New England. Pats got jobbed on a couple ticky tack calls, including one on a late sack that would have left Carolina with 4th and very long from inside their own 20 for a desperation last play. Instead, a ticky tack hands to the face call on Gilmore gave them an automatic first down, and they just did barely enough to win from there after playing not to lose for the 4th quarter.

BTW, I didn't realize Cam is 37! Had no idea he was that old.