Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: If Andrew Luck becomes available, should Jets be interested?

If Andrew Luck becomes available, should Jets be interested?

Oh you thought I came up with that headline?

I can't believe Cimini felt the need to ask.

NO WE'RE NOT INTERESTED!!!

One problem is now that Darnoldt is stinkin' up college stadiums across the country the odds of it happening get worse.

http://www.espn.com/blog/new-york-je...-be-interested

If Andrew Luck becomes available, should Jets be interested?

You've heard about the "Suck for Sam" campaign. Is it time for New York Jets fans to start a "Suck for Luck" movement? Let's examine:

@RichCimini: A potential Andrew Luck-Colts divorce started churning in the rumor mill recently, prompting his agent to state publicly the talented quarterback is committed to the Colts. For a number of reasons, a trade seems far-fetched, but I'll play along since you asked the question, Alan.

Short answer: Heck, yeah, they should pursue Luck if he becomes available.

We're talking about a legitimate franchise quarterback in the prime of his career (he turned 28 on Sept. 12). College prospects such as Sam Darnold and Josh Rosen have high ceilings, but there's no such thing as a sure thing. Until a player performs on the NFL level, there's always an element of risk. As Bill Parcells used to say, the bus station is filled with guys who were supposed to be the next (plug in the name of a great player).

Luck has done it. He's a known quantity. So, yes, if I were calling the shots for the Jets, I'd trade a top-5 draft pick (and probably more) for Luck. He'd bring instant credibility to the franchise and accelerate the rebuilding process. He'd be expensive -- roughly double the cost of the No. 1 overall pick -- but he'd be worth it. For the record, he has $82 million remaining on the final four years of his contract, 2018 to 2021.

The caveat, of course, is the condition of his surgically repaired throwing shoulder. If it's not 100 percent, there's no deal. I'd take my high pick and be very happy with Darnold. At this point, the shoulder is the great unknown. He's on the shelf right now and he's had durability issues in recent years.

Let me pose this question: If his shoulder is sound at the end of the season, why on earth would the Colts look to deal him? Because the new general manager wants to hit the reset button and rebuild? I'm not a professional talent evaluator, but I'm smart enough to know rebuilding is a lot easier when you have a stud quarterback who's only 28.

Luck's long-term value to the Colts seems like a no-brainer, and yet the trade rumors continue to percolate. It's probably just a media-generated story, but it's a fun discussion. Right now, we should keep it in that context.

Assistant Coach
    No, damaged goods!

Quote Originally Posted by MnJetFan View Post
    No, damaged goods!
    That's what they said about Drew Brees back in 2006.

I personally don't give a sh*t anymore. F88K any professional sport that wants to tie themselves to a disingenuous movement such as police brutality. Even with the rag lib paper like the Washington Post showing the numbers don't even indicate such fraud these unAmerican douche's want to continue their fraud. FUCK THE NFL!!!

As to Shannon marble mouth Sharpe and his fellow ESPN ahole's who say the flag is just a piece of cloth i will then turn their 3rd grade argument around an just say then don't tell me your offended to see the Confederate flag, I mean its just cloth and stands for nothing right. Come now tell me and all those uncle toms we're deplorable.
    Better yet let me tell you why you continue with your BLACK GUILT. Cause you all believe that since some of your family and or friends failed to climb the same latter of opportunity you have to feel GUILTY and throw yourselves to the wolves. the America is bad since we made the wrong choices in life to help us succeed.
    The I shouldn't be happy to succeed BLACK GUILT

If the Colts have a top 3 pick, and the QB crop is good in the draft, they might move on from Luck to get rid of his salary and recoup a lot of picks to rebuild their team.

Quote Originally Posted by SOF.Gator View Post
    If the Colts have a top 3 pick, and the QB crop is good in the draft, they might move on from Luck to get rid of his salary and recoup a lot of picks to rebuild their team.
    I don't know...they JUST signed him so Id have to think the cap hit would be enormous.

Quote Originally Posted by MSGold12 View Post
    I don't know...they JUST signed him so Id have to think the cap hit would be enormous.
    it would have to be via trade, hes 22 mil in 2018 and 13 mil in 2019 in dead money, so if indy eats some bonus it could be done without too much risk for the buyer essentially a 2 year tryout

what about kirk cousins? i know he is not a stud but he is pretty good. i do not think anyone can say that you can not win a super bowl with him? he will be 30 next yeafr in his prime and also first 3 years did not play much he really has only played 3 full seasons at the end of this season.

Quote Originally Posted by jimmyjet52 View Post
    what about kirk cousins? i know he is not a stud but he is pretty good. i do not think anyone can say that you can not win a super bowl with him? he will be 30 next yeafr in his prime and also first 3 years did not play much he really has only played 3 full seasons at the end of this season.
    Do you want to see pope's head explode or something?

I think a solid game manager can get the job done these days-one who is clutch and poised. No need to chase the mythical FQB in the usual places that bust highly. Of course, if that should come to pass (via a high draft pick), that's fine too.

Quote Originally Posted by AFL12 View Post
    it would have to be via trade, hes 22 mil in 2018 and 13 mil in 2019 in dead money, so if indy eats some bonus it could be done without too much risk for the buyer essentially a 2 year tryout
    IM not talking about the team hie's traded to...IM talking aout the Colts. He got 89 mil in guarantees and this is technically the first year of the extension. Not sure how much is SB and how much is guaranteed bases (or how much of the bases would count if traded) but The accelerated hit to Indys cap would be enourmous!