Thread: Mulvaney: Media Have Not Showed Federal Effort in Puerto Rico

Mulvaney: Media Have Not Showed Federal Effort in Puerto Rico

by PAM KEY
    breitbart.com

White House budget chief Mick Mulvaney said Sunday that President Donald Trump’s frustration with the media over its coverage of Puerto Rico was due to news organizations not covering the ongoing “federal effort.”

In an interview with CNN’s “State of the Union,” Mulvaney said while the media have done a successful job of covering the current state of Puerto Rico’s population, which has largely been without power and water, it is not covering the government’s response.

“What you’ve not shown, however, is the federal effort that we’ve got in place down there,” Mulvaney said when asked about Trump’s tweet urging those in Puerto Rico not to “believe the #fakenews.” “So I think that’s where the president’s pushback is.”

* Follow
    Donald J. Trump ✔@realDonaldTrump
    To the people of Puerto Rico:
    Do not believe the #FakeNews!#PRStrong🇵🇷
    3:53 PM - Sep 30, 2017
    30,314 30,314 Replies 13,684 13,684 Retweets 51,382 51,382 likes
    Twitter Ads info and privacy *

* 19h
    Donald J. Trump ✔ @realDonaldTrump
    My Administration, Governor @RicardoRossello, and many others are working together to help the people of Puerto Rico in every way...
    Follow
    Donald J. Trump ✔@realDonaldTrump
    ......#FakeNews critics are working overtime, but we're getting great marks from the people that truly matter! #PRStrong🇵🇷
    3:56 PM - Sep 30, 2017
    8,152 8,152 Replies 6,764 6,764 Retweets 28,640 28,640 likes
    Twitter Ads info and privacy *

Mulvaney added that the recovery effort for the island “was always going to be harder,” noting its distance from the mainland United States.
    "E-A-G-L-E-S ... EAGLES!"

This is correct. Trump was smart to frame the news coverage as both an effort to make him look bad and as disparaging the efforts of first responders and military efforts.

Assistant Coach
    Puerto Rico is a totally different story. Roadways washed out, where do they land planes, no electricity. Hospitals.

The media saw the opportunity to make this Trump's Katrina. And they and the left (and some on the right) are doing everything possible to push that narrative.

BL, there is ship loads of supplies sitting at the port in PR that cannot go anywhere because the roads are completely impassible...but thats Trumps fault. And that f-ing mayor of San Juan should be ashamed of herself for playing politics with this event because that is EXACTLY what she is doing or being told to do. Im surprised they haven't blamed the fact that PR took a direct hurricane hit on Trump for pulling out of the Paris Treaty.

PR chased the pharma's out and now has little money... yeah that's our fault zzzzz

Geraldo exposed this fraud mayor... confronted her "I'm here. Who's dying?" CRICKETS

Oh, and you had time to have a shirt printed up? Or did CNN provide that for you??

Steven Sisler

Follow · 2 hrs ·

For those unaware of how the brain works:

1. Black background
    2. Dim lighting
    2. Black shirts
    3. Horrifying white on black T-Shirt message that shocks the brain
    4. Conversation about how evil the POTUS is

This is classic dark “emotional messaging.” The emotional brain (limbic system) will auto-respond to these images in a very “negative” way no matter the dialogue. The energy it takes to turn your brain to a positive state after a glance or a few minutes watching, for most, will be too hard to do.

You would find it easier to turn an aircraft carrier around in a canal than for your brain to recover from this single image.

LOL, this woman is a crackpot!

https://www.rawstory.com/2017/10/i-d...back-up-trump/

Excerpt:

On Sunday, Rivera seemed to take Trump’s side during an interview with the mayor.

“There are all people at all municipalities literally starving, dehydrating,” the mayor told Rivera. “We have had our hospital try to go back to speed but then the electricity goes off and we have to do all the bacteria testing, which takes three to four days.”

“But are people dying?” Rivera interrupted. “I’ve been traveling around, I don’t see people dying. I spoke to the doctors, they say they saw 53 patients and they had a person who was septic, but nobody dying.”

Dying is a continuum,” Cruz was forced to explain. “If you don’t get fed for seven, eight days and you’re a child, you are dying. If you have 11 people — like we took out of a nursing home — severely dehydrated, you are dying.”